FM21 vs FM22

the biggest difference in my opinion is that in FM21 once a player makes a decision, he is going to carry on a do what he has decided even if the circumstances has changed that is why you get wingers and fullbacks that once they start running with the ball they don't stop even if they are running into 3 players. In FM 22 on the other hand when it lunched in the blog there was a portion that talked about "slices" and basically the fact that now players can change their decision if the condition is no longer favourable to what they initially wanted to do.

Another thing is you have some roles that play slightly differently in FM like the IWB, IF, IWB and the fact that even with poor teams it's much more easier to hold on to the ball compared to FM21 where they would just kick it long if there was a threat of them being under pressure. 

11 hours ago, DarJ said:

the biggest difference in my opinion is that in FM21 once a player makes a decision, he is going to carry on a do what he has decided even if the circumstances has changed that is why you get wingers and fullbacks that once they start running with the ball they don't stop even if they are running into 3 players. In FM 22 on the other hand when it lunched in the blog there was a portion that talked about "slices" and basically the fact that now players can change their decision if the condition is no longer favourable to what they initially wanted to do.

well, that sucks. I'm a Touch player and they've killed it off in 22, the Xbox version is pretty trash, and the above is a huge difference between the games. i might have to switch back to full fat FM after 6 years. 

11 hours ago, DarJ said:

even with poor teams it's much easier to hold on to the ball compared to FM21 where they would just kick it long if there was a threat of them being under pressure. 

unrealistically easy in FM22 I'd say

here is one of my favorite tactics from FM22 that does not work at all in FM21. same team, league, similar players (some same players too), same PPMs. (just cant remember if i had counter-press or counter ticked and if i had prevent short GK on, i tried all variations but it didn't make a difference) 

in FM22 it's silky smooth 1 touch passing, in FM21 its hot trash. 

1.PNG.0e98b41717682dcb255ccc5cf36ee46c.PNG

14 saat önce, thebreadlady said:

here is one of my favorite tactics from FM22 that does not work at all in FM21. same team, league, similar players (some same players too), same PPMs. (just cant remember if i had counter-press or counter ticked and if i had prevent short GK on, i tried all variations but it didn't make a difference) 

i try you tactic very good :d

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_4.png

Edited by levo in da house

On 09/09/2022 at 19:34, DarJ said:

Another thing is you have some roles that play slightly differently in FM like the IWB, IF, IWB and the fact that even with poor teams it's much more easier to hold on to the ball compared to FM21 where they would just kick it long if there was a threat of them being under pressure. 

Would you say thats why you see so many blocked crosses in FM21? i felt like they were blocked so often that i just kept sticking to narrow instructions. Although i did hear crosses are maybe a bit OP in FM22 (havent played it)

Likewise, i couldnt get inside forwards to perform, so my best career was with a 4132 narrow

11 hours ago, eXistenZ said:

Would you say thats why you see so many blocked crosses in FM21?

Yes. Crosses are way better in FM22 and during beta and when the game first launched it was too powerful but it's toned down now.

On 11/09/2022 at 06:12, thebreadlady said:

It could still work you just have to make some adjustments 

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/09/2022 at 16:14, DarJ said:

It could still work you just have to make some adjustments 

i've tried many hours and haven't been able to recreate it in FM21. the new xbox version with it's needless league limit cap on PC is hot garbage or else i'd be playing FMT22. 

On 09/09/2022 at 22:34, DarJ said:

now that you've mentioned it, i notice it far more often and its pissing me off so much lol