FM21 Pre game editor error

rbirdy17

Hello,

My FM21 pre game editor crashes as soon as I try to edit anything like prize money, number of teams etc in the advanced rules. I cannot edit anything without is crashing right away.
I do an edit, it pauses for 5-10 seconds, and than crashes with an error popping up.

I attached the error photo aswell as crash dump files.

please help. Thanks

c0b8a64bbb2bd5b58f731c1ef7d43e0e.png

Editor 2021 v21.4.0.1522281 (2022.09.10 09.01.01).dmp Editor 2021 v21.4.0.1522281 (2022.09.09 18.10.41).dmp

1 hour ago, prot651 said:

Clear cache or reinstall

Where do you go to clear cache?

I have reinstalled numerous times, it still doesnt work. I tried sending the dumpfile to SI, and they told me they dont deal with editor issues. They told me to come to the forums.

6 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

Where do you go to clear cache?

I have reinstalled numerous times, it still doesnt work. I tried sending the dumpfile to SI, and they told me they dont deal with editor issues. They told me to come to the forums.

2 hours ago, alian62 said:

Maybe check you virus protection . You might have it blocked or something , but if it crashes then i would think there is a serious issue somewhere . Are you running it online with steam or running it off-line

Running it online with steam. I just have the windows 8 default security protection, so not sure how to allow it past the firewall.
It starts up, it allows me to convert to advanced editor tab, but as soon as I make 1 edit, the crash comes up

Edited by rbirdy17

6 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

Running it online with steam. I just have the windows 8 default security protection, so not sure how to allow it past the firewall.
It starts up, it allows me to convert to advanced editor tab, but as soon as I make 1 edit, the crash comes up

So it saves ok in the basic rules then 

8 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

It opens and allows me to edit in basic rules, but once I convert to advanced rules, I cannot edit anything. I want to edit prize money in the AFC cup

i can only think its a memory issues as in your computer memory . I would completley to a reinstall .... Uninstall the game , Uninstall also from your stiings and apps . Just completley untinstall every conceivable item relatiing to the game . 

Also you could upload your saved basic file and i can check it out for you 

20 hours ago, alian62 said:

i can only think its a memory issues as in your computer memory . I would completley to a reinstall .... Uninstall the game , Uninstall also from your stiings and apps . Just completley untinstall every conceivable item relatiing to the game . 

Also you could upload your saved basic file and i can check it out for you 

I have reinstalled both the editor and the game and still crashes.
I do not have a save file for my game, I am wanting to edit before I start.

What is the saved basic file? Thanks

14 hours ago, prot651 said:

You must have a basic set up before you move on to advance set up . So you have a basic set up , then save it , then convert to advance

huh. Ok so what I do is a start FM editor, go to AFC cup in competitions, put the nation as bulgaria, than go to add nation rules, add lower comps to bulgaria, Than convert to advance rules. Go down to AFC Cup, look for the prize money in the 1st stage, click the tick box to add a tick, the editor pauses and than error comes up. This isnt a saved file in the editor

1 hour ago, rbirdy17 said:

huh. Ok so what I do is a start FM editor, go to AFC cup in competitions, put the nation as bulgaria, than go to add nation rules, add lower comps to bulgaria, Than convert to advance rules. Go down to AFC Cup, look for the prize money in the 1st stage, click the tick box to add a tick, the editor pauses and than error comes up. This isnt a saved file in the editor

When you open the editor you open add nation rules then selct your country and then selct new rules or add lower divisions . Then go to left of screen and click divisions and you can add more divisions . Its the basic rules . You can then test those rules to make sure they are ok . Then if your happy you can convert to advance rules . If you are trying to add Bulgaria to the AFC Asian Cup then that a whole new thing . You would have to go to rules and add international rules and create a new tournament or download one thats already made from the download section . HINT ... When doing price money positions  etc 1=1 and 2=3 etc in basic rules but in advance rules 0=1 1=2 etc 

19 hours ago, alian62 said:

When you open the editor you open add nation rules then selct your country and then selct new rules or add lower divisions . Then go to left of screen and click divisions and you can add more divisions . Its the basic rules . You can then test those rules to make sure they are ok . Then if your happy you can convert to advance rules . If you are trying to add Bulgaria to the AFC Asian Cup then that a whole new thing . You would have to go to rules and add international rules and create a new tournament or download one thats already made from the download section . HINT ... When doing price money positions  etc 1=1 and 2=3 etc in basic rules but in advance rules 0=1 1=2 etc 

Alright, but what I am trying to do it edit the AFC Cup, the asian europa league, which doesnt have its own country. And how to do that is the steps I did above to get to advanced rules. Could be any country, but I used Bulgaria. Which when you convert to advanced rules, the AFC Cup is one of the divisions in Bulgaria, which than you can edit.

13 hours ago, rbirdy17 said:

Alright, but what I am trying to do it edit the AFC Cup, the asian europa league, which doesnt have its own country. And how to do that is the steps I did above to get to advanced rules. Could be any country, but I used Bulgaria. Which when you convert to advanced rules, the AFC Cup is one of the divisions in Bulgaria, which than you can edit.

Take an Asian nation. The AFC Cup and the Bulgarian competitions have different continents. That could cause issues.

9 hours ago, Wolf_pd said:

Take an Asian nation. The AFC Cup and the Bulgarian competitions have different continents. That could cause issues.

Tried it with China, still with the same error. No idea whats going on. Could it possibly be a corrupt file in the editor data folder??

5b0ceba0044abba2bb7d8c105a10e582.png