4-4-2 Diamond Low Block - The Guide

6 horas atrás, engamohd disse:

In the low 50s, ranking high overall just below high possession teams like Juve (60s), Napoli and Lazio. We hold the ball a lot in deeper areas.

I thought you'd have even lower. I just enjoy it when I win and have low possession 😃

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

Will you still post that? :)

I've been ill so didn't get chance to finish it and SI announced the changes to low-blocks. So thought it was a bit pointless. I will release it though still but it'll likely all be a FM23 updated version once I see what the actual changes are.

1 hora atrás, Cleon disse:

I've been ill so didn't get chance to finish it and SI announced the changes to low-blocks. So thought it was a bit pointless. I will release it though still but it'll likely all be a FM23 updated version once I see what the actual changes are.

Thanks, that make sense.

And do you think that the low block needs to be worked, like they say they're doing it in FM23?

Thanks Cleon. A really interesting thread. Motivated me to start playing again and I am appreciating the game from a whole new angle. I am having some joy with a 433 playing in Scotland. 

I found what you said about having championship level players competing in the champions league fascinating and that

‘Just because someone might have bad crossing/low dribbling doesn't mean they can't excel at those things’

This blew my tiny mind. I am reading this as; if your system is working well, players end up in 1v1 situations or with good crossing options that don’t require 20/20 quality? 

How do you go about scouting or selecting youth players with promise if the attribute’s aren’t that important to you?

Thanks again for the thread. I always enjoy reading them even if I’m not currently playing. 

On 16/10/2022 at 07:03, Lambielsa said:

Thanks Cleon. A really interesting thread. Motivated me to start playing again and I am appreciating the game from a whole new angle. I am having some joy with a 433 playing in Scotland. 

I found what you said about having championship level players competing in the champions league fascinating and that

‘Just because someone might have bad crossing/low dribbling doesn't mean they can't excel at those things’

This blew my tiny mind. I am reading this as; if your system is working well, players end up in 1v1 situations or with good crossing options that don’t require 20/20 quality? 

How do you go about scouting or selecting youth players with promise if the attribute’s aren’t that important to you?

Thanks again for the thread. I always enjoy reading them even if I’m not currently playing. 

When I play properly and long-term I don't have attributes visible, so attributes aren't part of my save or how I play in general. I've wrote about this in the past before. But for FM23 they'll be lots of posts about this from me that I have planned, especially scouting and development wise.

1 hour ago, Cleon said:

When I play properly and long-term I don't have attributes visible, so attributes aren't part of my save or how I play in general. I've wrote about this in the past before. But for FM23 they'll be lots of posts about this from me that I have planned, especially scouting and development wise.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will look forward to your next article and have a search your previous writing 

Em 13/10/2022 em 16:31, mikcheck disse:

Thanks, that make sense.

And do you think that the low block needs to be worked, like they say they're doing it in FM23?

@Cleoncould you answer this? Do you think that the low/mid block tactics work just fine despite many people complain that it doesnt work and is broken in FM? 

44 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

@Cleoncould you answer this? Do you think that the low/mid block tactics work just fine despite many people complain that it doesnt work and is broken in FM? 

I’ve always played with a mid block and had no problem with it 

13 hours ago, mikcheck said:

I thought this would be answered already considering what this post is about :D

It's not that they don't work it's just most people don't understand how to use them, as this thread illustrates. 

Edited by Cleon

I suppose, FM23 match engine can solve possible issues about "lack of midfield width at times", "risk of CMs being pulled wide" and "fullbacks can get isolated" @Cleon. One level increase on team width TI and stay wider PI for both CMs... This can be a perfectly balanced system for both central & wide play. I'll test it after 8 nov.

16 minutes ago, zabyl said:

I suppose, FM23 match engine can solve possible issues about "lack of midfield width at times", "risk of CMs being pulled wide" and "fullbacks can get isolated" @Cleon. One level increase on team width TI and stay wider PI for both CMs... This can be a perfectly balanced system for both central & wide play. I'll test it after 8 nov.

I actually didn't have these issues in the tactic anyway, that I spoke about in the thread. I just put them on there as they could be possible issues depending. The image is just the tactic from throughout this thread in the opening post.

Edited by Cleon

• 1 month later...

@Cleon question not exactly related with this topic subject, but more with the strikers. I know you play attributeless, but let's assume you'd play with attributes and you'd find 2 strikers that would fit your system. Would you still sign them if the one playing for  the support role had "gets forward trait" and the attacking one "comes deep" traits?

12 minutes ago, mikcheck said:

@Cleon question not exactly related with this topic subject, but more with the strikers. I know you play attributeless, but let's assume you'd play with attributes and you'd find 2 strikers that would fit your system. Would you still sign them if the one playing for  the support role had "gets forward trait" and the attacking one "comes deep" traits?

Probably yeah, especially if both were perfect fits. I don't think either of those traits are bad, even if you want the player to be deep/attacking. 

PI on the forwards to get in wider areas when the own team is in possession will, most of the defensive issues with defending wide can be circumvented by using 'marking specific player' on opponent FB/WB.
Your assistant manager will hate that, 'cause your forwards 'get drawn out of position', but it will make very good opportunities when countering and also blocks the opponent from build up play in the wider areas and prevents your CMs to drift out wide.
Overall you have therefore are hybrid role, that is defending wide and drifts inside.