Keepers penalized by good defense?

My keeper is  pretty good and rarely concedes more than one goal per game but has consecutive clean sheets yet his ratings Avg 6.8-9. My team does not allow  many shots against so is my keeper  being stopped  from getting awards, MOM etc because of my team's good defensive structure? 

4 hours ago, ImDaWeasel said:

In the wire thin ratings system of SI 6.5 is warranted a disciplinary while a 6.8 is seen as average. Your keeper is doing fine and keeping clean sheets, ignore the match ratings.

I typically do... but it means he will never win any awards. I see the keepers who win awards have fairly high ratings >7 are they facing loads of shots and making miraculous saves?

Basically no chance of MoM awards etc. without actually doing much. Should be able to get slightly higher ratings than that though. I noticed it was a problem in FM20 where keepers of top teams would consistently get mediocre match ratings, I've regularly seen my keepers at top teams get 7.2+ average ratings in FM22 so far though. How's your attack doing? The number of goals scored does seem to have an impact on keeper/defender ratings too. They're likely to get higher ratings in a 5-0 win than a 1-0 win, even if they stopped the same amount of shots in both. Especially helpful if you're playing a system where your keeper could get the odd assist too!

My keeper has an avg rating of 7.21 in the league and conceded 20 in 34 matches. 94% avg pass completion helps that a fair amount. Even in a match where we win 3-0 and only faced 9 shots for 0.34 xG, he still picked up a 7.3

11 hours ago, talino7 said:

My team does not allow  many shots against so is my keeper  being stopped  from getting awards, MOM etc because of my team's good defensive structure? 

Yeah, you can't expect your goalie to get awards and excellent ratings if he doesn't do much in a game. On the other hand, I've seen goalies concede 3 or 4 goals in my saves and get a rating over 7 because they've saved a CCC or two and didn't make any goal-costing mistakes. That's pretty realistic if you ask me.

1 hour ago, sdx15 said:

Yeah, you can't expect your goalie to get awards and excellent ratings if he doesn't do much in a game. On the other hand, I've seen goalies concede 3 or 4 goals in my saves and get a rating over 7 because they've saved a CCC or two and didn't make any goal-costing mistakes. That's pretty realistic if you ask me.

Like David De Gea last year.