What do you think about this tactic for a LLM team.

I think, and this is just from what I have read in previous threads, having 'Play out of Defence' and 'Distribute to CB/FB' may be too much as, with Play out of Defence, the ball will be going to the defensive line anyway.

Other than that, nothing really jumps out as not suitable for a lower team. 4-1-4-1 is a relatively adaptable formation which you could easily modify as you progress up the pyramid.

On 15/09/2022 at 13:17, EnigMattic1 said:

having 'Play out of Defence' and 'Distribute to CB/FB' may be too much as, with Play out of Defence, the ball will be going to the defensive line anyway.

I think that’s a myth, both can work very well together as PooD is about how the ball is being played and the GK instruction is about where the ball is played. 

Also PooD affects every build up from behind no matter of the possessions origin. While the GK Instruction just effects the Goalkeepers decision

With prevent GK distribution and the higher press, I would watch out for not having the numbers up the pitch to apply the press. Do the wingers get up to help? For a LL team, I would tend to play more direct and not play out of the back unless your team is much better than the opposition. I think the FB(S) roles work well for possession, lower tempo set up, but do you find the two wings running away from the pass? Asks a lot of the FB to spring a longer pass to the wingers. 

How's your team doing?