Space between lines after changing fonts

Noscho

hi everyone,

space between lines increase too much when I change the base font to another one. is it because of the font i use or should i add a line to xml files?

20220917193504_1.thumb.jpg.8c7987438f06a80db7a17679f173dbd9.jpg

20220917192908_1.thumb.jpg.001d1fcae3be5549a1befde474b8ca4a.jpg

(to be fair this screen doesn't show it much, but the titlebar is the most extreme example for this)

thanks in advance!

Edited by Noscho

On 17/09/2022 at 18:51, Noscho said:

hi everyone,

space between lines increase too much when I change the base font to another one. is it because of the font i use or should i add a line to xml files?

Spoiler

20220917193504_1.thumb.jpg.8c7987438f06a80db7a17679f173dbd9.jpg

Spoiler

20220917192908_1.thumb.jpg.001d1fcae3be5549a1befde474b8ca4a.jpg

(to be fair this screen doesn't show it much, but the titlebar is the most extreme example for this)

thanks in advance!

Hey Noscho
sry for the late reply.

it's not uncommon that changing fonts will "break" some of the boxes, which font have you changed ? 

i'm getting abit more time on my hand soon, so if you like i can give it a try and see if i can fix the issue

hey, no worries and thanks for replying.

i've changed the regular fm font (forgot it's name) to "HelveticaNeue-Regular" and bold font to "HelveticaNeue-Bold"

honestly i love how tidy and compact the old fm13 regular skin looks so my aim was to change the regular fm 22 font (which i think looks horrible on standart 1080p displays for some reason) to fm13 font but alas i couldn't get the desired look :)

11 hours ago, Noscho said:

hey, no worries and thanks for replying.

i've changed the regular fm font (forgot it's name) to "HelveticaNeue-Regular" and bold font to "HelveticaNeue-Bold"

honestly i love how tidy and compact the old fm13 regular skin looks so my aim was to change the regular fm 22 font (which i think looks horrible on standart 1080p displays for some reason) to fm13 font but alas i couldn't get the desired look :)

just a silly question, but have you changed the size of the new font to match the current one ?
i havnt been messing with the fonts yet, so thats why i asked for the name of the font you've changed as it's not something i had planned fiddeling with just yet, i don't wanan go into a trial and error search :) hope it makes sense

1 hour ago, snowofman said:

just a silly question, but have you changed the size of the new font to match the current one ?
i havnt been messing with the fonts yet, so thats why i asked for the name of the font you've changed as it's not something i had planned fiddeling with just yet, i don't wanan go into a trial and error search :) hope it makes sense

actually i did decrease the font sizes at first, but it didn't solve the problem unfortunately.