Multi-League Season with qualifications

Nepsty

I'm looking to do a big overhaul for an Irish(including Northern Ireland) league. Ireland has 4 provinces and 32 counties split into those 4 provinces. My idea is that each county will have a league of 8-10 teams and then the top 1-4(depending on how I feel each county ranks) teams will move into provincial leagues, then the top 2 of each of the provincial leagues will move into a final league with 8 teams. The winner of that final league will count as the league winner.

Is this at all possible? Or is what I'm thinking of just too much to do in FM22?

If it's possible, do you have any tips for how one might pull this off?

Difficult, but possible.

Have a look at something like the Belgian Pro League, that has another league stage for the top 4 teams, or the English Conference North/South that's a multi league competition with playoffs, you'd want something that combines the two of them. A multi-league first stage/s with the top couple teams qualifying for the next playoff stage, that too is a multi-league stage, with the top couple teams again qualifying for the next playoff stage. I'm pretty sure you'd have to do it in the advanced rules editor, I don't think the basic rules can handle multiple playoff stages. There are options on whether to carry forward points from previous stages (or a % of them if you'd prefer) or just to start fresh in each one too.

You could also have a look at the MLS if you want to use separate competitions alongside the main league so that each of the county/province league winners are also recorded as winners and get a trophy for that, as well as the main national league competition.

13 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Difficult, but possible.

Have a look at something like the Belgian Pro League, that has another league stage for the top 4 teams, or the English Conference North/South that's a multi league competition with playoffs, you'd want something that combines the two of them. A multi-league first stage/s with the top couple teams qualifying for the next playoff stage, that too is a multi-league stage, with the top couple teams again qualifying for the next playoff stage. I'm pretty sure you'd have to do it in the advanced rules editor, I don't think the basic rules can handle multiple playoff stages. There are options on whether to carry forward points from previous stages (or a % of them if you'd prefer) or just to start fresh in each one too.

You could also have a look at the MLS if you want to use separate competitions alongside the main league so that each of the county/province league winners are also recorded as winners and get a trophy for that, as well as the main national league competition.

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at those. Is there a good way to see how the other leagues are done in the editor?

10 hours ago, Nepsty said:

Thanks, I'll definitely take a look at those. Is there a good way to see how the other leagues are done in the editor?

Yeah, when you choose to add nation rules, select the country you want and choose Add Lower Divisions And Cups, then switch to advanced rules and you'll have full acess to check the rules for every competition in that country.