Training camp - which players to include?

I wonder whether you should pretty much only bring your first team squad to the training camp, or whether you should also bring a lot of high PA youngsters (or a third option, every suggestion is welcome)?

In other words, what are the game mechanics regarding training camps, and thus which approaches might be more optimal than others?

I ask because my general understanding is that talented youngsters, aged 15-17, are generally best left in the U18's unless they are good enough to be part of the first team squad and get sufficient playing time with the first team. Judging from this, it would seem intuitive to leave such youngster out of the training camp, they might be better off doing their regular U18 training. But I'm just guessing here, would be nice with some competent input.

In other words, I wonder whether training camp training game mechanics are any different from normal training game mechanics, and if yes, in which way.

A training camp would never be long enough to have a significant impact on player development (I believe). The benefit of taking high PA youngsters or fringe players along would be that you get to have a look at them first hand as opposed to through a report.

With the fringe players, it could also help make your mind up with regards to whether or not they could/should be loaned out.

Bearing in mind, this is just my opinion on training camps, so I may be totally wrong.

I'd only bring them if you need the depth. Otherwise I see no point in doing it as the training camps are quite short. Usually, when you're a big side with loads of internationals, when it's a Euro or WC year they will be on holiday so that could be an opportunity to bring some kids in to look at them whilst the international players are on hols.