Zealand skin w/ colored stars/circles for attributes

klimdrum

Hey nice people!

(NOOB DISCLAIMER) If I wanted to have Z's skin with attributes replaced by colored stars/circles from another skin (for personal use only), how would I go about it? I watched a tutorial on the basics of skin making and tried just straight up copying the 'properties' folder over but it didn't work. My assumption is since Z's skin doesn't have properties folder, the new file needs to be mapped somehow?

44 minutes ago, klimdrum said:

Hey nice people!

(NOOB DISCLAIMER) If I wanted to have Z's skin with attributes replaced by colored stars/circles from another skin (for personal use only), how would I go about it? I watched a tutorial on the basics of skin making and tried just straight up copying the 'properties' folder over but it didn't work. My assumption is since Z's skin doesn't have properties folder, the new file needs to be mapped somehow?

Try and look here, maybe there is something you can use

17 hours ago, klimdrum said:

Hey nice people!

It isn't just a case of copying the 'properties' folder. The actual file changes how the attributes are displayed. It may work if you copied the 'properties' folder from the skin in the thread that @snowofmanlinked, but I am not 100% certain of that.

Basically, the below code has been added to the "person properties" xml which changes the appearance of the attributes:

<record id="widget_info" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" size="0" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star" >
                <symbol id="class" value="attribute_label" />
            </record>

If you copied that file over, you would also need to copy the graphics from the "boxes/custom/attributes/star" folder and place them in the graphics folder of the Zealand skin.

I should also add, I am not certain that this will take effect on every screen that attributes show, due to the number of screens and various xml files used.

Edited by EnigMattic1

В 27.09.2022 в 17:49, EnigMattic1 сказал:

It isn't just a case of copying the 'properties' folder. The actual file changes how the attributes are displayed. It may work if you copied the 'properties' folder from the skin in the thread that @snowofmanlinked, but I am not 100% certain of that.

Basically, the below code has been added to the "person properties" xml which changes the appearance of the attributes:

<record id="widget_info" use_attribute_colour_as_bg="true" size="0" appearance="boxes/custom/attributes/star" >
                <symbol id="class" value="attribute_label" />
            </record>

If you copied that file over, you would also need to copy the graphics from the "boxes/custom/attributes/star" folder and place them in the graphics folder of the Zealand skin.

I should also add, I am not certain that this will take effect on every screen that attributes show, due to the number of screens and various xml files used.

Thanks for the reply! I tried copying over the graphics folder as well but still no bueno. Well, guess I'll just have to mask the attributes the old fashioned way then.