UEFA Competitions update problem

Lorenzorossi

UEFA update 2022-2023 - Copy.fmfHi, I would like to start a new save in 2022-2023 using a custom start date file and having the UEFA competitions updated with the teams that have qualified for the group stage in real life. I've set the real teams partecipating in the "real life teams" section, under the group stage section, the real groups in the groups settings and I've set the start date of all the comps to 2022.

The UCL works fine, it starts with the groups set without problems and it finishes too, without problems. However, UEL and UECL have issues, as they don't start from the group stage but from the qualifying matches, which obviously don't give the winners a spot in the GS since it's already determined. This doesn't stop the cup to go on, but another issue that pops out at the end is that the winners of both cups aren't visible in the past winners, as they were never played.

Also the landing page is different: in the UCL one the groups appear immediately, while the UEL and the UECL ones show the qualifying rounds to be drawn. UEL qualyfing games never actually get drawn, UECL ones do but they don't affect the running of the competition.

I don't know what I'm missing since UCL works fine from what I've seen but the other 2 don't, despite setting them up the same. Thx in advance

Screenshot (95).png

Screenshot (96).png

Edited by Lorenzorossi

• 2 weeks later...

As far as i'm aware this can't be done.  There are files out there that can start your game in April/May 22, but the leagues will still sim the 21/22 season so qualifiers for the 22/23 season will still be chosen in game, no matter what you do.

Someone else might be able to give you a better answer, but unfortunately, i'm 99% certain this can't be done.