Youth Academy - Players are always average

For me the best part / biggest buzz from the game on mobile is drawing a 5* youngster to be able to develop for years to come. For me - it keeps the game going when you’re 7/8 years in with a team.

I’m FC Kobenhavn. 5* training & youth facilities. X4 Gold coaches (Attacking, defending, fitness, general) all with natural aptitude. Regularly in the QF of the CL. Club rating 4*.

In 7 years, I’m yet to pull more than a 3.5* youth player from my youth academy? Ive now started to save the game, exit and reload to try and get a good pull to keep the game going.

I’m currently 0 good youth pulls from about 100 loads over the past 3 seasons with the above facilities.

What am i missing? What more can be done to get a good youth player?

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jamie_B_105 said:

For me the best part / biggest buzz from the game on mobile is drawing a 5* youngster to be able to develop for years to come. For me - it keeps the game going when you’re 7/8 years in with a team.

I’m FC Kobenhavn. 5* training & youth facilities. X4 Gold coaches (Attacking, defending, fitness, general) all with natural aptitude. Regularly in the QF of the CL. Club rating 4*.

In 7 years, I’m yet to pull more than a 3.5* youth player from my youth academy? Ive now started to save the game, exit and reload to try and get a good pull to keep the game going.

I’m currently 0 good youth pulls from about 100 loads over the past 3 seasons with the above facilities.

What am i missing? What more can be done to get a good youth player?

First and most obvious - keep improving your youth setup, second and slightly less obvious - make sure you have at least one decent youth coach (as that encourages good kids to join the club).

Finally the higher up the pyramid, larger league you're in the better the players you're likely to attract.

Might it also be that there just haven't been many good players that have retired in the current game season year - so there aren't many good PA players to distribute to clubs this year? Really regarding the 0 players in 100 tries part, past years might just have been bad luck.

Here is what i discovered but of course Mr Marc will know better:

I did few seasons as Vancouver signing only Canadian players. I had me as gold youth coach and 1 more youth coach plus other coaches. My youth intake was either 0 or very average players. My youth facilities where at maximum. BUT the moment i also become the coach of national team of Canada within the next few years i got some world class Canadian youths.

Same thing happened when i play Aris in Greece all average till i become Greece national coach.

P.S. Add Serbian league in the game :)

Edited by Zoot

16 minutes ago, Zoot said:

Here is what i discovered but of course Mr Marc will know better:

I did few seasons as Vancouver signing only Canadian players. I had me as gold youth coach and 1 more youth coach plus other coaches. My youth intake was either 0 or very average players. My youth facilities where at maximum. BUT the moment i also become the coach of national team of Canada within the next few years i got some world class Canadian youths.

Same thing happened when i play Aris in Greece all average till i become Greece national coach.

P.S. Add Serbian league in the game :)

Yeah if you manage a nation the game seems to generate more regens for that nation, and if your club is the one with the best facilities for that nation then it will often be the one to get the best regens then.

• SI Staff
On 30/09/2022 at 04:51, ElliottMS said:

Yeah if you manage a nation the game seems to generate more regens for that nation, and if your club is the one with the best facilities for that nation then it will often be the one to get the best regens then.

The game only creates more regens for a nation if that nation doesn't have enough home grown players to allow you a decent selection for the national squad - any nation you manage a club within shouldn't do this (obviously).

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, jens_dewit said:

TBH, I noticed that even if you do get 5* talents, if you check with the editor, chances are they're still only really 3* or even less... 

In the same way that you can draw a 4* talent which is actually 4.5*.

Do bear in mind that judgements aren't 100% accurate and can be biased by form and other factors - also CA/star ratings aren't the be all of players ... because I'm running in debug I know that some of my best performers aren't actually the highest CA's on my team, they just suit their roles and have good mental stats (so don't get overly obsessed with CA, for star ratings its not the only thing taken into account).

• 5 weeks later...

I have had a scenario where i am the most successful club in Portugal, I have a top academy with a gold star youth coach and no youth intake over several seasons. My guess is that I had too many young players in my squad already or maybe my squad was too big. When I moved to another club I didn't buy as many youngsters and I found I was getting youth intakes again despite the academy not being as good.

On this. I was wondering if the quality and potential of youth intake is relative to strength of league?

Playing in Welsh league with pretty average/poor facilities , the players I get through already become my best players and the best in the league almost instantly.

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, Navelgazer said:

On this. I was wondering if the quality and potential of youth intake is relative to strength of league?

Playing in Welsh league with pretty average/poor facilities , the players I get through already become my best players and the best in the league almost instantly.

The players who come through are normally biased by the likely strengths of the territory your team is based within and the size of the real-life pool of potential players, so if you're based in say Gibraltar then the pool of players is far smaller than it might be for a club based in England.

There is a random element though and every nation can have a generational talent come through sometimes, think of players like Gareth Bale or Ryan Giggs at Wales etc.

3 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

The players who come through are normally biased by the likely strengths of the territory your team is based within and the size of the real-life pool of potential players, so if you're based in say Gibraltar then the pool of players is far smaller than it might be for a club based in England.

There is a random element though and every nation can have a generational talent come through sometimes, think of players like Gareth Bale or Ryan Giggs at Wales etc.

Thanks