• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

I get this also

image.png.d9411b53f414ae8f9723f7f5dc30e24f.png

Yeah - this is a steam error - the servers are all timing out. I believe another major game went into open beta at the same time, so its likely the servers are being hammered at the minute. 

On 20/10/2022 at 00:13, KeiranShikari said:

'To get our women’s database right we will have to examine every single in-game attribute and define exactly how we judge the data; attributes such as pace, acceleration and agility will likely stay with the same range, but some attributes may need a different scale. These attributes also feed into our match engine of course, and work done in this area (for example, looking at height of players and how that may affect how they play – such as aiming shots higher if a goalkeeper is smaller) will be of benefit for the match engine overall.'

I think this is definitely part of what I wanted to hear. I also really want to see the cowboys in the match engine.

Can absolutely see how advancements made here will benefit other aspects of the game. One of my biggest wants for the game is for leagues around the world to feel more authentic in style, tempo and rhythm. This along with improved manager AI (which I assume will be an ongoing project) should/could help that. 

Are people expecting the women's game to be all soft and fluffy? I'm watching a schoolgirls' match now (U17 Women's World Cup to be precise) and them gals are brutal. A Japanese girl just took a penalty which hit the crossbar and bounced down on the line. As the Canadian keeper got her hand on it, the taker had dashed forward, kicked the ball out of her hand and bundled keeper and ball over the line. Ref gave a free kick, but after a long VAR delay, changed it to a goal. Scenes if that had been PL. In a previous game, the Tanzanian lassies Wimbldoned the fancy-dan French filles to victory. Gimme some of that in FM24!

• SI Staff
1 minute ago, TheAwesomeGem said:

What is a QME? I just went in vacation and simmed all the way until May.

Quick match engine. Yeah sounds like if the leagues were set to no detail that is QME.

You can tell if you click on a match and it doesn't let you watch highlights, then it's Quick match engine.

If you can see the highlights then it's full match engine.

If you want to do a holiday test with the full match engine you must set the detail level to full in the game detail section of preferences.

Thanks

On 15/10/2022 at 16:39, XaW said:

No, they don't, and playing a few years into the future makes that very obvious.

I would like to think I addressed that in my other comments. I'm a long term save player, dynamic nations youth ratings was a huge thing for me. I'm well aware of the issues surrounding ai squad building, but as I said before, these issues affect maybe the more hardcore amongst us.

I fail to see any football sim that even comes close to FM and id guess you will have 1,000s of hours in the game as do I. For me thats as perfect as its going to get in terms of actually simulating football.

Sure tweeks are always welcome and it can always be improved, but why focus on the small tweeks that may not even be measureable when there are glaring issues with graphics, ui and overall presentation.

We need the game to push onto the next level polish wise, then we can address the other things. At the minute each game actually feels like its adding unwanted bloat and detracting from the experience. Id rather call what we have perfect and improve rather than call it imperfect and add.

27 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

So much for Pep playing like Pep.

Edit- Just downloaded the game so I'll sim using the Full match engine...

Full match engine is very good and realistic this year. Quick Match Engine is broken at the moment. I suggest playing it with Full Match Engine all the time.

Has much watched some streams and videos. Seems it was good idea not to preorder. Just not good enough stuff to warrant buy. I will play it for sure at somepoint from Gamepass but other than that, shame.

1. Recruitment Revamp - NEW Squad Planner & Updated Recruitment Meetings - Ehh, Squad planner looked basic. Might use few times but not able to change add own stats to views is strange, can only set on defined views. Scouting screen looked better and maybe a bit easier to navigate.  Feels fluff
2. Match AI & Animations - Hard to tell yet, Seems more reacting to tactics than before. Animations ehh, nothing caught my eye that is huge improvement.  Think this will be better figured out when playing long time.
3. Official UEFA Club Competition Licenses - hmm dont know how to feel.
4. Supporter Confidence - Feels fluff. Was watching Daljit stream it was pointless screen that shows info. Wont be visiting it really. I had other hopes about it but watch the video and it shows there is no really effect that would have thought support confidence would bring.
5. Dynamic Manager Timeline. - feels fluff

So mostly it seems fluff, with new screens that will not be used that much. Match AI and animations are important stuff, but feels really disappointing.

• 1 month later...
On 08/10/2022 at 10:27, dino88 said:

Wish SI could bring this into the game

image.png.79488c0736522624f7a6907668876187.png

Tbh for me this would be valid reason to buy new version, i still play FM19 just because of this camera tweak.

At least they could allow us to use debug camera as a "cheat", for those who want to play with different angle of cameras.

Edited by ril

1 hour ago, ril said:

At least they could allow us to use debug camera as a "cheat", for those who want to play with different angle of cameras.

I second that!

There's an overhead 3D view that I've seen happen maybe once or twice - I think in director mode replays for offside calls? or maybe the pre/post-match stadium B-roll shots - that I would LOVE to be able to use as my main camera angle. ever since they got rid of the old 2D view from FM17 and before I haven't been able to enjoy playing the new 2D view. Sideline with camera height maxed is the closest thing for now.