Are there any newly rich teams this season?

I love managing newly rich teams and having a load of cash to spend on a team that needs a total squad overhaul. Newcastle were great fun last year for that! Are there any newly rich teams this year? Newcastle are a lot less appealing to me now that they've had a couple transfer windows and have already brought a bunch of players in.

The only takeover I know of so far is Palermo being bought by the City Football Group. But with the exception of Man City they don't usually spend that much on their other clubs so I don't think they'll really count as a sugar daddy club.

Thanks for the suggestion. A team that's already by far the best in their country and is pretty dominant isn't really what I'm looking for though. I'm really interested in teams that need a lot of work to catch up to the big teams, but have the funds available to do it.

Nothing much has changed regarding sheikhs or oligarchs looking for new toys to play with. 

Royal Antwerp and Fortuna Sittard have gone under some changes, but one wouldn´t call them ´rich´, contenders for European football at best. 

2 hours ago, Ranquelme said:

OGC Nice have been making some moves. Not sure if they're rich though.

Their owner is. He's the richest man in Britain, had a late bid to buy Chelsea that never succeeded and has recently been linked with a move for Man Utd.

That's not really a recent thing though and he's never really been a splash the cash kind of guy there before. An underwriter kind of sugar daddy perhaps, but nothing more than that.

If Hertha keep their sugar daddy status in FM then they could definitely be an interesting club for you. 16th in the BL last season and a squad that isn't really any better than that, but in FM they got a pretty generous sugar daddy so their financial capabilities are way beyond their real life status.

49 minutes ago, Freakiie said:

If Hertha keep their sugar daddy status in FM then they could definitely be an interesting club for you.

Hopefully they won't anymore, the investor (Lars Windhorst) is withdrawing and attempting to get the club to buy back the shares he holds.

Hertha probably never should've had sugar daddy status in the first place. His investment wasn't that big and he's nowhere near as wealthy as typical sugar daddys, certainly not enough to justify Hertha's typical spending in the game at least.