Fictional Country: Morgsthia

Ozbay

Morgsthia.png.dcdbe432c07f57721728cc695479921c.png

Hello everyone,

I've been working on this since FM20, and I was publishing it on another fan website, but this year I decided to publish it here too, I hope you enjoy playing this. Below, are the details...

MORGSTHIA

In previous years I used to create this nation out of extinct nations but this often brings problems in international tournements, so this year I edited Liechtenstein to create this. Below, you'll find the location of this country on world map. Unfortunately, there's no way to implement this into the game, so this is only to enhance your imagination while you're playing with this database. 

Map.png.72aadb99eba01447b0b98e74604dfaba.png

The country speaks an imaginary language called Morgsk, belongs to Germanic language family and not that difficult for foreigners to learn. It is a developed country and the youngster rating is maximum, so you can raise your own players and rise in the European football. The country is made up of 13 cities and below you can see them on map.

spacer.png

League Structure & Teams

There are two leagues; Morgsthian Eliteligaen and Morgsthian Liga 2, first one being the upper division, obviously. And I created 36 unique teams with unique logos, and three kits for each team. In previous years there were total 30 teams, this year I added 6 more teams. I tried to create essential technical staff for every team, and each team currently has 16 staff and 13 players. I was hoping to increase this number this year but I had to start from scratch this year, and hopefully I made it kind of futureproof, so next year this number will probably increase. Fingers crossed though, as I am only one man working on this project as a hobby, so no promises.

MorgsthiaLeagueStructure.thumb.png.21b3a1ff8fbcf3209966a8f7d389b833.png

There is an FA Cup called "Morgsthian Cup" and its winner goes to international tournements, and there is also a Super Cup. I simulated the game for a couple of years and tried to create some history for the leagues by entering the results as previous years' results. 

If you have any questions feel free to ask. DB, Logos and the Kits all together in a zip file is about 15 MB which exceeds the limit here, so here are the external links to download this:

Google Drive - Morgsthia_2022

or alternative

Mediafire - Morgsthia 2022

and here is the VirusTotal Result to clear any doubts:

VirusTotal

Kits.thumb.png.072b3dbd0ce1a92e996529f5205a9ffd.png

Notes & FAQ

This project is also available for FM20 and FM21, just google "Morgsthia" and you should be able to find them. I won't leave a link for those.

The name "Morgsthia" as well as the names of Cities and the Clubs, and most of the last names of people in the database don't (shouldn't) make any sense in any language. They are either made up by me or generated via name generator services. If something is by any chance offensive, I am sorry I am not aware, it is definitely a coincidence. If anything bothers you, contact me and let's see what I can do.

Likewise, the advertisements on the team kits are also made up companies from made up words, the same thing goes for them.

The Phoenix on the team Scarnea's logo is not my original work, I found it on Google and redrawed it, I am not making any money out of this project so it should be fine. But if you are the owner of that and don't want it to be there, contact me and I can change it.

The team kits are made out of premade templates, you can reach them by Googling "football manager kit pack".

I used Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to create the logos. Actually the whole project came to life while I was trying to learn those softwares. I was drawing logos for practice and I thought it would be fun to implement them in Football Manager which is a game I've been playing since 2008.

To play this database, open the zip file you downloaded and you'll see a folder named "Sports Interactive". Extract or drag&drop it into your documents folder and it should work. If it doesn't, try to place the folders in the zip to their counterpart locations in the Documents/Sports Interactive folder. 

Don't forget to reload the skin in the game after you install these.

While you're starting a new game with this, The country's name may be displayed as "Liechtenstein" instead of "Morgsthia" like this, don't worry, this is normal, in the game it will be displayed as Morgsthia.

I recommend you check this box while setting up your game. You can check other boxes too if you like. And I recommend you to add players from North Europe into the database like this, by clicking the Approximate Player Count button (located on top right) and clicking "advanced". But these are just recommendations, you can tailor them as however it suits you and your computer.

I prefer you don't share this project on somewhere else without my permission, but of course you can make changes for yourself, if you like.

*There may be typos and grammatical errors throughout this post, I tried my best to avoid errors but I'm not native, so I hope you let any error slide :D

You can always ask questions if you have any, and constructive criticism is always welcome. Have fun.

• 3 weeks later...
3 saat önce, terrymaustin said:

This looks awesome. I want to give this a go. I never got FM22, but have brought 23, Will there be a version for 23?

By the way, you placed Morgsthia just north of where I planned to put my created nation!

Hi mate, I'm happy to hear you liked it.

Yes there'll be a FM23 version, I'm currently working on it with 22's editor as 23's editor is not yet out, making it possible for new stuff to come to FM22 version too, but I'm not sure to publish it for FM22 yet. And if you wonder, I'll talk about what's it gonna be like in FM23.

For FM23 version, I created 18 new teams and created Liga 3. Whole country feels a lot more alive and dynamic now.

I created 7 new players for each team, so you'll have 20 players at the start of the game, in previous versions it was 13. I also added a couple of more staff to each team, but still you'll need to sign many staff members to fill the vacancies.

I changed Morgsthian Cup's name to Kongepokal (means King's Cup) to match the feeling that the country is a Scandinavian country with a symbolic royalty family. Winner goes to Europa League as usual.

I'm introducing a new cup, like the Carabao Cup of the English Football. It is called Pokalprestisje (meaning Prestige Cup), and the winner doesn't earn much only gets to brag about it :D It's whole purpose is to develop your youngsters a bit further but of course you can take it seriously and bring out your top-guns to win it, your choice.

I picked theme colors for each competition in the country and created competition logos for them. They're nothing special but I thought it would be a good touch. In previous years I didn't care much about colors of the leagues, and I think it had a bad influence in the gameplay with this database. Now, with those details I think the overall league system in the country is finally shaped. I may add even lower divisions like Liga 4&5 in the future, but what I mean is playing the game in Morgsthia now somewhat feels like it actually is a real country. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm really proud of the work I did.

And the most important thing is I moved the country to the Luxembourg. Because I didn't have much time to test the FM22 version, I never noticed that even though our clubs win everything in international tournements, and your coefficients hits the roof, league winner just never qualifies for the Champions League directly. This was due to FM itself, I later noticed this issue and searched about it, turns out the game was coded this way. So the most logical thing to do was to change the base country, so welcome back Liechtenstein, farewell Luxembourg. Now as our country's coefficients rise, we'll send teams to Champions League directly. Luckily this time I'll have the time to test it before I release. 

And as one last note before I bore you to death with any more details (:D), if you picked a favorite team from the country, send your name and team as a private message and I'll add you as a club legend. It's up to you though, no pressure. That's just my way of showing appreciation to people who take their time to play with this. Here, I'll leave a picture that summerizes everything I talked about: 

Poster_Horizantal.thumb.png.814065ef43e063f78f3a6bcc7827df31.png

Edited by Ozbay
changed the poster

Wow, that's so good. Hard to pick a fav. club to be honest, you've put so much into it. I'll have a think.

Interesting that you give the country a Scandinavian feel. When I was planning my own nation, I had them heavily Irish influenced, with a splash of UK / France and a tiny hint of Spain.

How did you add all of the players? Through the editor? I've heard there's a way to use Excel which I'd love to learn how to do.

1 saat önce, terrymaustin said:

Wow, that's so good. Hard to pick a fav. club to be honest, you've put so much into it. I'll have a think.

Interesting that you give the country a Scandinavian feel. When I was planning my own nation, I had them heavily Irish influenced, with a splash of UK / France and a tiny hint of Spain.

How did you add all of the players? Through the editor? I've heard there's a way to use Excel which I'd love to learn how to do.

I do keep an Excel file to keep everything clean and organized, and it is useful to see everything in the same place, but I don't use a program to enter values to the editor, I do it manually. That program was introduced in a very old topic, I did not want to give it a try thinking it might not be working anymore. 

If you want to create your own nation, I advise you to create a spreadsheet too, whether you'll be using that program you said or not. It makes everything a lot faster and easier. Personally I only keep some basic information on that file, some crucial stuff like the person's name, his club and CA/PA values. And I first make changes & editing on the Excel file, working like that reduces mistakes you'll make and the errors you may face when you're working with the editor. I divide the screen and just copy&paste the values to the editor from Excel. After that I add the details directly with the Editor.

18 hours ago, Ozbay said:

I do keep an Excel file to keep everything clean and organized, and it is useful to see everything in the same place, but I don't use a program to enter values to the editor, I do it manually. That program was introduced in a very old topic, I did not want to give it a try thinking it might not be working anymore. 

If you want to create your own nation, I advise you to create a spreadsheet too, whether you'll be using that program you said or not. It makes everything a lot faster and easier. Personally I only keep some basic information on that file, some crucial stuff like the person's name, his club and CA/PA values. And I first make changes & editing on the Excel file, working like that reduces mistakes you'll make and the errors you may face when you're working with the editor. I divide the screen and just copy&paste the values to the editor from Excel. After that I add the details directly with the Editor.

Sound advice. My way of working as well.

On 26/10/2022 at 21:23, Ozbay said:

I would love to see it, here is my template. Its very simple but I do make use of xLookup a fair bit so if that doesn't work on your software it might not display well.

Custom Nation Template.xlsx

On 25/10/2022 at 15:23, Ozbay said:

Hi mate, I'm happy to hear you liked it.

Yes there'll be a FM23 version, I'm currently working on it with 22's editor as 23's editor is not yet out, making it possible for new stuff to come to FM22 version too, but I'm not sure to publish it for FM22 yet. And if you wonder, I'll talk about what's it gonna be like in FM23.

For FM23 version, I created 18 new teams and created Liga 3. Whole country feels a lot more alive and dynamic now.

I created 7 new players for each team, so you'll have 20 players at the start of the game, in previous versions it was 13. I also added a couple of more staff to each team, but still you'll need to sign many staff members to fill the vacancies.

I changed Morgsthian Cup's name to Kongepokal (means King's Cup) to match the feeling that the country is a Scandinavian country with a symbolic royalty family. Winner goes to Europa League as usual.

I'm introducing a new cup, like the Carabao Cup of the English Football. It is called Pokalprestisje (meaning Prestige Cup), and the winner doesn't earn much only gets to brag about it :D It's whole purpose is to develop your youngsters a bit further but of course you can take it seriously and bring out your top-guns to win it, your choice.

I picked theme colors for each competition in the country and created competition logos for them. They're nothing special but I thought it would be a good touch. In previous years I didn't care much about colors of the leagues, and I think it had a bad influence in the gameplay with this database. Now, with those details I think the overall league system in the country is finally shaped. I may add even lower divisions like Liga 4&5 in the future, but what I mean is playing the game in Morgsthia now somewhat feels like it actually is a real country. And I'm not gonna lie, I'm really proud of the work I did.

And the most important thing is I moved the country to the Luxembourg. Because I didn't have much time to test the FM22 version, I never noticed that even though our clubs win everything in international tournements, and your coefficients hits the roof, league winner just never qualifies for the Champions League directly. This was due to FM itself, I later noticed this issue and searched about it, turns out the game was coded this way. So the most logical thing to do was to change the base country, so welcome back Liechtenstein, farewell Luxembourg. Now as our country's coefficients rise, we'll send teams to Champions League directly. Luckily this time I'll have the time to test it before I release. 

And as one last note before I bore you to death with any more details (:D), if you picked a favorite team from the country, send your name and team as a private message and I'll add you as a club legend. It's up to you though, no pressure. That's just my way of showing appreciation to people who take their time to play with this. Here, I'll leave a picture that summerizes everything I talked about: 

Poster_Horizantal.thumb.png.814065ef43e063f78f3a6bcc7827df31.png

Any ETAs on this for 23?

On 03.11.2022 at 16:38, nine_iron said:

I would love to see it, here is my template. Its very simple but I do make use of xLookup a fair bit so if that doesn't work on your software it might not display well.

Custom Nation Template.xlsx 65.74 kB · 10 downloads

Sure mate. 

p.s.: I use Google Tables because I think it is much more practical and most importantly, it's free & on cloud. First time I created an excel file, I wasn't keeping it on the cloud and with an update to windows, I lost the file for ever, it was a total waste of time. So, my file may be problematic if you open it on MS Excel, but it should mostly be alright.

17 saat önce, Amarante said:

Any ETAs on this for 23?

Once I have the money to buy the 23 version :D It should be out within this month, some time around 20th. But of course I'm assuming the editor won't cause any trouble.

Morgsthia.xlsx

Edited by Ozbay

On 08/11/2022 at 13:12, Ozbay said:

Sure mate. 

p.s.: I use Google Tables because I think it is much more practical and most importantly, it's free & on cloud. First time I created an excel file, I wasn't keeping it on the cloud and with an update to windows, I lost the file for ever, it was a total waste of time. So, my file may be problematic if you open it on MS Excel, but it should mostly be alright.

Once I have the money to buy the 23 version :D It should be out within this month, some time around 20th. But of course I'm assuming the editor won't cause any trouble.

Morgsthia.xlsx 425.16 kB · 1 download

Xbox Game Pass on PC like 5 dollars i think  you get editor and everything with the game for free with gamepass 

On 10.11.2022 at 08:01, Amarante said:

Xbox Game Pass on PC like 5 dollars i think  you get editor and everything with the game for free with gamepass 

I thought I don't get the pre-game editor if I purchase it from there. Turns out you have to install the editor from Microsoft Store. Thanks.

And here is the FM23 version. Let me know if there's anything wrong.

On 12/11/2022 at 08:21, Ozbay said:

I thought I don't get the pre-game editor if I purchase it from there. Turns out you have to install the editor from Microsoft Store. Thanks.

And here is the FM23 version. Let me know if there's anything wrong.

Thank you!

31 dakika önce, Wolf_pd said:

@Ozbaywith your FM23 Morgsthia thread started, do you want this thread moved to the FM22 download section?

Yeah sure mate, do what you need to keep the forum clean & organized, no problem :).

• 5 months later...
On 02.05.2023 at 01:39, Amarante said:

@Ozbay I just wanted to know is European Prestige working? So the better the teams do in europe the higher up we climb and the more European spots we get. 

It should be working if nothing got broken somehow during the update :D 

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...