"was competitive" in ranking level info

joaquin87

It's bad. As in it's usually used for teams that failed to get past the first stage. eg. you have a 4 team group with the top 2 going through. 3rd place would be "was competitive" 4th either "was competitive" too, or sometimes "no information". This is also only if it's the first round, if the group stage was after a bunch of qualifiers or something then you'd use "managed to qualify to this stage" instead.

I'd only ever use it in cup competitions or qualifiers, not leagues so I wouldn't compare it to top half or mid table.

hace 16 horas, rusty217 dijo:

It's bad. As in it's usually used for teams that failed to get past the first stage. eg. you have a 4 team group with the top 2 going through. 3rd place would be "was competitive" 4th either "was competitive" too, or sometimes "no information". This is also only if it's the first round, if the group stage was after a bunch of qualifiers or something then you'd use "managed to qualify to this stage" instead.

I'd only ever use it in cup competitions or qualifiers, not leagues so I wouldn't compare it to top half or mid table.

Thanks!