my opinion Football Manager Mobile

The game staff want fast and basic game. i respect but i dont want like these. the game is so easy and the engine have a problem ( like when u play 4231 the rival AM can find space and no one make marking).

The tactical instructions is old. This is manager simulation but i only 30 seconds spent in tactic screen. Change and pls make detailed. otherwise we break this game faster.

The player attributes is basic. (Things like finishing, marking are missing.)

I hope we spend a lot of time in fm 2023.

It's challenging to find a nice balance. Some players love the fast and snackable FMM gameplay and don't want us to change that, yet others would love for the Mobile title to be more in-depth and time consuming like the PC/Mac version. As a studio we try our best to offer everyone a version of Football Manager which works for them.

I personally believe the FMM development team do a wonderful job in striking that balance between giving you a fast and snackable version of the game, yet it's still challenging and has enough depth to keep you on your toes. I'm excited for you all to hear what the team have been working on for the next instalment of FMM.

• SI Staff
23 hours ago, mnpjam said:

The game staff want fast and basic game. i respect but i dont want like these. the game is so easy and the engine have a problem ( like when u play 4231 the rival AM can find space and no one make marking).

The tactical instructions is old. This is manager simulation but i only 30 seconds spent in tactic screen. Change and pls make detailed. otherwise we break this game faster.

The player attributes is basic. (Things like finishing, marking are missing.

I hope we spend a lot of time in fm 2023.

It is impossible to make a single game which pleases everyone and it never works well if you try to do so - as you mentioned FMM isn't meant to be a hugely complicated game, it is realistic but it's been kept fast and streamlined because that suits its target audience.

We make various different styles of management games however and it might be that Football Manager Touch suits your needs better if you want a slower experience and more poring through data than FMM provides.

PS - Because of the limited space on mobile devices some attributes are combined on FMM - finishing & marking are present but are shown as part of 'shooting' and 'positioning' on that product. same thing for jumping/heading being shown as aerial ability etc.

11 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

It is impossible to make a single game which pleases everyone and it never works well if you try to do so - as you mentioned FMM isn't meant to be a hugely complicated game, it is realistic but it's been kept fast and streamlined because that suits its target audience.

We make various different styles of management games however and it might be that Football Manager Touch suits your needs better if you want a slower experience and more poring through data than FMM provides.

PS - Because of the limited space on mobile devices some attributes are combined on FMM - finishing & marking are present but are shown as part of 'shooting' and 'positioning' on that product. same thing for jumping/heading being shown as aerial ability etc.

Curiously Marc do you have a breakdown of all the combinations of attributes from FM to FMM? 

On 05.10.2022 at 14:17, Desmond Richardson said:

It's challenging to find a nice balance. Some players love the fast and snackable FMM gameplay and don't want us to change that, yet others would love for the Mobile title to be more in-depth and time consuming like the PC/Mac version. As a studio we try our best to offer everyone a version of Football Manager which works for them.

I personally believe the FMM development team do a wonderful job in striking that balance between giving you a fast and snackable version of the game, yet it's still challenging and has enough depth to keep you on your toes. I'm excited for you all to hear what the team have been working on for the next instalment of FMM.

15 saat önce, Marc Vaughan said:

Thanks for responds. I understand you want to make  fast paced game. But as i said this is manager simulation. It can be fast but we have to think about tactical situations. For 5 years same tactic screen and it isn't good for my opinion. Basic and not modern. I think more detail must come. (Like firstly attack width, defence width) 

• SI Staff
4 hours ago, StephenFMT17 said:

Curiously Marc do you have a breakdown of all the combinations of attributes from FM to FMM? 

Yes within FMM we use the same match engine as one of the older FM PC games and the games contain all the attributes used in the PC game, just for space reasons we combine some of them for display purposes.

• SI Staff
12 minutes ago, mnpjam said:

Thanks for responds. I understand you want to make  fast paced game. But as i said this is manager simulation. It can be fast but we have to think about tactical situations. For 5 years same tactic screen and it isn't good for my opinion. Basic and not modern. I think more detail must come. (Like firstly attack width, defence width) 

We have moved the games tactical options forward over the years (if you look at the early versions of FMM they were far simpler) but in general some of the simplicity is intentional and many aspects I feel you can do through the current interface.

The 'width' you set in the UI at present is used mainly for 'attacking width' simply because defensively teams will tend to defend more narrowly than they attack simply because letting an attacker inside is a 'bad thing' (trade mark pending) ... exactly how narrow your defense is can be determined by the setup you give it, if you put players into DL/DR positions then obviously it'll be wider than if you play with three at the back centrally etc.

(I will consider adding in a separate 'defensive width' setting for a future version if lots of people request it, but I am aware that a lot of people do actually like that the game uses a 'common sense' default so they don't have to setup every single aspect of their teams tactics - I believe you can replicate nearly every real-world tactic using the games options as it stands which is imho the most important thing)

2 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

Yes within FMM we use the same match engine as one of the older FM PC games and the games contain all the attributes used in the PC game, just for space reasons we combine some of them for display purposes.

That's what I was referring to...are there other examples of this combination other than those you have already posted in this thread? Sorry I'm just really curious lol :D

• SI Staff
1 hour ago, StephenFMT17 said:

That's what I was referring to...are there other examples of this combination other than those you have already posted in this thread? Sorry I'm just really curious lol :D

After this years game is out I'll try and go through the engine and double check the various combos and such - I'm a tad busy at the moment, sorry (but off the top of my head I think its just pace/acceleration, finishing/long-shots and jumping/heading).

There are a load of other 'hidden' variables some of which might be visible in the PC game, these are mainly personality related.

6 saat önce, Marc Vaughan said:

We have moved the games tactical options forward over the years (if you look at the early versions of FMM they were far simpler) but in general some of the simplicity is intentional and many aspects I feel you can do through the current interface.

The 'width' you set in the UI at present is used mainly for 'attacking width' simply because defensively teams will tend to defend more narrowly than they attack simply because letting an attacker inside is a 'bad thing' (trade mark pending) ... exactly how narrow your defense is can be determined by the setup you give it, if you put players into DL/DR positions then obviously it'll be wider than if you play with three at the back centrally etc.

(I will consider adding in a separate 'defensive width' setting for a future version if lots of people request it, but I am aware that a lot of people do actually like that the game uses a 'common sense' default so they don't have to setup every single aspect of their teams tactics - I believe you can replicate nearly every real-world tactic using the games options as it stands which is imho the most important thing)

I think the width will be good for us. Thank you for respond. Hopefully the game is ready anda we'll wait. The other topic i want to know, the champions league (uel and uecl) songs and licence will be add ?

13 hours ago, Marc Vaughan said:

After this years game is out I'll try and go through the engine and double check the various combos and such - I'm a tad busy at the moment, sorry (but off the top of my head I think its just pace/acceleration, finishing/long-shots and jumping/heading).

There are a load of other 'hidden' variables some of which might be visible in the PC game, these are mainly personality related.

No worries about the timescale Marc I know full well that you guys are flat out right now :D