Relationship with journalists - what are the effect on the Human Manager?

36 minutes ago, Matteo3champions said:

Hi guys,

someone knows what are the effects on Human manager if there is a strong/poor relation with journalists?

thanks

Idk, my gripe with interviews and press is that it’s just selecting the right answer. It shouldn’t work like that and this is why other players get bored with doing them.

Relationships effects with press should be more obvious. Bad relationship should lead to bad press and twisted words. 

press and interviews should be a tug of war between building relationships, satisfying players, satisfying the board and satisfying supporters. There should be no right or wrong answers! Building a relationship with a journalist may look like answering a question that may otherwise **** off the board or a player.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

I managed the Polish national team for about 3 seasons. My manager was fluent in Polish, everyone loved me, the team flourished, but there was ONE reporter who hated me from the very beginning, for no discernable reason, and nothing I did moved his attitude. It didn't add "flavor" to the game, it just bugged me that I hadn't done anything to p*ss him off and nothing I could do would change things. 

When you create yourself as a manager, you're given a set of attributes, one being 'media handling'. Presumably this is affected by how you handle the media.

I have no idea whether this actually affects anything at all, but in theory when you apply for a new job, the club's board consider your set of attributes as part of the decision to invite you to interview and/or offer you a job. As I say, "in theory". I'd be (slightly) interested to know if anyone has actually evidence that it makes a difference.