Could Academica's B team enter the playable leagues?

Hi,

I'm thinking of starting a save with Academica. The B team is, however, not in a playable league. Rather, it is in the 'Coimbra First Division'. I understand that Coimbra is a Portuguese region. The lowest playable level (fourth division)  has listed that some teams are relegated to 'Regional Divisions'. Does that mean that the B team could be promoted to the fourth division? I understand it's random but partially based on reputation, but that it can also only happen if the B team plays in the division directly under the lowest playable level (i.e. they do not get promoted from two leagues below the lowest playable level to the lowest playable league).

In theory they can, since those league promote into the 4th tier in Portugal, however, in practice it might be hard since it's randomised, but with a link to reputation. B teams usually have low reputation and is therefore less likely to get promoted. So the answer is yes, but actually no. (Insert meme here)

32 minutes ago, XaW said:

In theory they can, since those league promote into the 4th tier in Portugal, however, in practice it might be hard since it's randomised, but with a link to reputation. B teams usually have low reputation and is therefore less likely to get promoted. So the answer is yes, but actually no. (Insert meme here)

Thanks for this, that’s in line with my understanding after some Googling. It turns out that Academica B has one of the lowest reputations in the regional division, so I think they are indeed highly unlikely to be the team to get promoted organically.

However, I was wondering if I could bump their reputation, for example by having them win friendlies against much bigger clubs? They’re unfortunately not in a cup, so no competitive matches. Or would it help if I put world class players in there?

If not, would their chances of being promoted increase if I change their reputation in the pre-game editor before starting my save? I would not put it to 10k but to a level that makes them competitive, to hopefully have a good chance of getting them promoted within 5 years. I’m just not sure whether their reputation won’t revert back to a lower level after a season or so

Edit: another way to go would be to download editor data files that make those regional divisions playable, but I’m not sure if anyone is making league structures below the 4th Portuguese leagues

Edited by FelixForte

I found that my B team were stuck in non playable lower leagues (third tier) throughout my save (20+ years) despite us becoming the biggest team in the nation.  Most other top division clubs had B teams in the second tier, but as ours started with a terrible reputation their chance of promotion was close to 0%.

2 hours ago, FelixForte said:

Edit: another way to go would be to download editor data files that make those regional divisions playable, but I’m not sure if anyone is making league structures below the 4th Portuguese leagues

I think this is a good solution.  On my next save I used the editor to unlock the lower league to make the save a bit more immersive.  If you just want to make the new division playable then you can do this using Basic settings (rather than Advanced) so don't need to rebuild, and potentially break, the existing leagues and cups.

2 horas atrás, FelixForte disse:

Thanks for this, that’s in line with my understanding after some Googling. It turns out that Academica B has one of the lowest reputations in the regional division, so I think they are indeed highly unlikely to be the team to get promoted organically.

However, I was wondering if I could bump their reputation, for example by having them win friendlies against much bigger clubs? They’re unfortunately not in a cup, so no competitive matches. Or would it help if I put world class players in there?

If not, would their chances of being promoted increase if I change their reputation in the pre-game editor before starting my save? I would not put it to 10k but to a level that makes them competitive, to hopefully have a good chance of getting them promoted within 5 years. I’m just not sure whether their reputation won’t revert back to a lower level after a season or so

There is a portuguese expansion of the "distritais", that include all the portugese lower league and cups.

https://forum.fmportugal.net/showthread.php?tid=4742

B teams can play all the way up to the second tier (see Benfica, Porto, Sporting B teams). They cannot be promoted to the first tier, and if the A team is relegated to the same division they are automatically relegated as well.

These are the official rules I don't know if in FM you can get a B team to go up to a playable league.