What? I was able to sign Premier League dropouts into my amateur team...?

I use mods. Adding leagues, kits and more realism. Nothing to make FM easier.

I am new as a manager, not a legend. I chose to be manager in a team which was promoted from 9. level in England, but team is also doomed to be relegated back. Only a few players in team and no staff at all. Team is amateur, no money for anything (except for scouting).

That was the starting point. Now we are waiting our first friendly in pre-season. Nothing really meaningful has happened. I have searched new players really hard. Look who have I found. My squad (4-1-3-2), last contract - years and level:

2018-20 League Two                                                 2017-20 Champ, but loaned into a 7. level team

2018-20 VNL                                      2017-20 Prem                                 2017-21 Prem

2018-20 League Two

2016-18 Prem                     2017-21 Prem                           2018-21  Prem                  2020-21 VNL

2018-21 Prem

These VNL players are older, 30 and 26 years olds, but otherwise they are 20 or less.

My question is that should finding players be this easy? And that they have agreed to sign, and signed... OK, they are dropouts, but shouldn't there be other, higher level teams much more interested in them? Offering good amount of money!

Of course, also this could happen again - when season starts, one by one they get good contracts elsewhere, and leave. I know.

Those, who know how things are IRL, are there really that much free players? Even dropouts from Premier League and Championship? And in the game 'Potentially VNL level' or even League Two.

Another question is - should this be taken into "Requests" forum, and asked there if this willingness to sign should be reviewed?

Thanks.

You can't blame SI for anomalies that happen because you use fan-made league files. Instead, you should make your own restrictions based on what you determine to be "realism". At its simplest, just don't bring in players that you think would not join a club at your level.

Personally, I've gone beyond 'realism' and, inspired by the YouTuber FM LLama, I'm playing as a lower league journeyman with a self-imposed rule - don't bring in ANY new players - not transfers, frees or loans. Just deal with the squad you inherit plus academy intakes. Any players that leave you can't be replaced. Proper challenging!

But, are these anomalies? From that list I made can be seen that 6 of them didn't play anywhere last year. None of teams - from any level - wanted them... And I couldn't have any influence on that.

First they all said no, when I asked them to join us. Only when the first one agreed to sign, it got easier. And all these players were free on the market. Why, if they are so good?

But, of course, you can be, and most likely, are right. SI loves high (top) level football, and that's sad. There would be much more if lower levels were included properly...

But - in FM you can play in 6 highest levels in England, and I started in a team that was in 8. level? Is difference between 6. and 8. level so big?

And that's why I asked if anyone knows how things are IRL. Can there be so many young players in academies, that these dropouts can be found free still in pre-season?

Cardiff Met Uni are a prime example of this being so silly...yet so much fun!

https://gyazo.com/240f1fac7cb00ef24accb530acc69bf7

Only DB's i used were wales to tier 6 ( just to see bangor city implode) and the SI Gibraltar DB.

Cesc was released from Monaco 2nd season, no-one wanted him...so around haloween i went "MINE!" n for 6 months he was insane :) until he retired.

Edited by dashi112

Just now, dashi112 said:

Cardiff Met Uni are a prime example of this being so silly...yet so much fun!

https://gyazo.com/240f1fac7cb00ef24accb530acc69bf7

Only DB's i used were wales to tier 6 ( just to see bangor city implode) and the SI Gibraltar DB.

Cesc was released from Monaco 2nd season, no-one wanted him...so around haloween i went "MINE!" n for 6 months he was insane :) until he retired.

He must have signed up at the uni to do a diploma in wizardry or coal mining or somesuch  :brock:

10 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

He must have signed up at the uni to do a diploma in wizardry or coal mining or somesuch  :brock:

He's a guest lecturer actually :P

btw welsh premier league is lower rep than VNN/S and I finished 2nd 1st season

Edited by dashi112