Beevers hits the referee

Shrabon

Back in Football manager handheld 2013, I was playing with Mansfield Town. It was 2D only, and during one match the text showed "Beevers hits the referee". The guy got sent off and later I received a notification saying "Lee Beevers has been banned from professional football for six months for unprofessional conduct". I looked this guy up and he is a real player (probably retired by now). I've been wondering if anyone had similar experiences...

Yes, this feature was on the old Championship Manager games. Had it happen to me a couple of times. Didn't know it was on the Handheld games, though.

This doesn't happen anymore, but I'm pretty sure this won't be brought back any time soon for legal/licencing reasons. Not even for generated players.

On 13/10/2022 at 10:15, FrazT said:

As SI have said multiple times before, although these kind of incidents do occur occasionally in real life, they will not be included in the current game for the foreseeable future, if ever.

@FrazT not even for regens? I understand this can't be allowed with real players just like they can't be assigned a spineless personality. But why can't regens dropkick a guy and get banned for 12 months? Especially in lower leagues where the referee has less control and its generally more chaotic