FM21 how many leaders do you need in a Team

i'got Barnet to the premier league (in 2029) and stayed there for 4 seasons. however each year i cannot maintain performances. the team plays well for a spell of about 3 months but then then fall away and never regain their form. or start very slowly so even if they end well they don't get much higher than mid table. even players who play 2 -3 months at 7.5+level suddenly cant play above 6.5 this seems to affect all my players except for the defence.

my team lacks good leaders there are about 3 players with high leadership but they are not good enough to play all the time. exception is my goalie and i am presuming my defence does well through out the season because of him standing behind them screaming at them. 

so my question how many leader do you normally have in a successful team and what's a good rating for leadership is 15 enough?

also does having good leadership trump other technical stats

I'm playing FM22, but I can't imagine much has changed between versions on this. I spotted that my Everton side had no leaders at all and the candidates for Captain and vice Captain were in the 12s and 13s for leadership. So I signed James Ward Prowse who is the best player on the game and also has really good leadership stats and characteristics. I definitely saw a marked improvement in the results, but that was probably more to do with his 22 assists in the PL than the leadership, although it can't have harmed things.

I suspect leadership isn't a massive influence over the game because probably 80% of the users of the game are obsessed with wonderkids. Most average starting 11s of FM players would have an average age of around 23-24, so I can't imagine there are too many leaders amongst that as those stats increase with age and experience, influenced by the personality type. The game will tell you in the squad report screens if it's lacking in leadership.