Continental Competition not showing up in the game

Ominous77

Hi!

I'm trying to make a continental competition in the same file where I'm also creating leagues for other countries.

Since I deleted the basic editor part in XML, I can add as many nations as I want in a single file, but for some reason, I can't get a continental competition working.

I add it, add the continent, set up everything and then, when I go and test inside the Editor, nothing happens. And they don't show up in the game.

I tried putting it under "International Rules", and it did run, but that's not right for a continental competition (like the UCL), right?

Thanks!

Generally things should be in different files. I think there are some tricks to get multiple things together (you mentioned you've already done that to include multiple nations in one file) but I'd personally recommend against that. More chance things go wrong if you cram it all into 1 file. Plus I doubt the in-editor test even picks up the continental competitions and only actually tests the national ones. So there could be an issue there somewhere, it just doesn't tell you because it's not testing for that.

I managed to get it working by merging two Nation rules files with one Continental rule file. Then I created another two Nations leagues, where the winners qualify to another continental cup (different continent).

Now I'm trying to figure out how to make a competition which involves those two competitions winners, like a Club World Cup.

Is it Club Continental rules or International rules?

24 minutes ago, Ominous77 said:

Nice! And how do I configure it? I just ignore the "Nations" tab? I guess that I don't have to select anything in "Continent".

Depends exactly what you want. The Nations and Teams tabs are for setting up a qualification system. It'll highlight the positions that will qualify for the continental competition on those nation's league tables, like the current continental competitions do. It'll also remove any nations you choose from the default continental competition.

If you want your competition to exist alongside the default competitions, or want some other kind of qualifying setup then ignore both of those and setup the team selection within the tournament itself instead.

Personally I have much more experience with the latter since I like my competitions to exist alongside the default continental competitions. So I just use instructions like Get Best Teams and choose the league within the competition itself rather than having a qualifying system.

4 hours ago, rusty217 said:

Depends exactly what you want. The Nations and Teams tabs are for setting up a qualification system. It'll highlight the positions that will qualify for the continental competition on those nation's league tables, like the current continental competitions do. It'll also remove any nations you choose from the default continental competition.

If you want your competition to exist alongside the default competitions, or want some other kind of qualifying setup then ignore both of those and setup the team selection within the tournament itself instead.

Personally I have much more experience with the latter since I like my competitions to exist alongside the default continental competitions. So I just use instructions like Get Best Teams and choose the league within the competition itself rather than having a qualifying system.

Right, but only having my Club World Championship under a "Competition" rule is not allowing me to see the compeition in the game. It doesn't show.

I already have the qualification in place but I cannot test it.

Any reason as to why I cannot see the competition?
Thanks.

Capture.PNG

6 hours ago, Ominous77 said:

Right, but only having my Club World Championship under a "Competition" rule is not allowing me to see the compeition in the game. It doesn't show.

I already have the qualification in place but I cannot test it.

Any reason as to why I cannot see the competition?
Thanks.

I'd guess it's setup incorrectly some how.

As I mentioned before when combining multiple sets of rules into 1 file it probably won't test for some competitions because it doesn't expect them. So the editor will probably verify fine without even testing that competition so it won't highlight any errors in it.

Edit: Plus you also need it on the Competitions page of the continent too. Or World in this case. You don't need to put anything on the Nations/Teams pages but you do need to add your competition to the competitions page.
Like this

20221015092536_1.thumb.jpg.785a87616da756bc14779f97d6b2ab93.jpg

Edited by rusty217

• 1 month later...