[Suggestion] DOF appointments / influence

Junkhead

1- DOF appointments should work exactly like affiliate clubs. There is no way that an inexperienced Sunday League level manager goes into a club and starts uprooting long tenured DOFs.

When the user has built up a successful reputation, he should be given either the option to install who he wants or, even better, given options. In the meantime, the board should always be in charge of hiring/firing the DOF.

2- Over time the user builds certain attributes or traits and favourite formations. The influence of the DOF should be considerably higher, impacting job appointments - IE long tenured DOF has control possession favoured approach, yours is long ball. The two do not align, which should decrease the chances of you getting the job. If you do, the DOF should be on your case to change things, particularly if you have a difficult start.

3- Better logic around retaining managers as DOFs at the start of the game. If the user chooses a starting club with a popular or successful Manager in place, the option to "retain as DOF" shouldn't be there - it should be mandatory. Case in point - Southport, manager Liam Watson. Multiple spells at the club, down as favoured personnel, and irl is on the board of directors. When choosing Southport at the start, the board would be looking to retain Liam Watson (particularly as he is on the board himself :lol: ) and he would hold much more influence than the current model allows.

I haven't had to fight with that staff power structure myself. But, a few thoughts.

1. If manager is only Sunday leagues level, into what league levels can he/she be admitted as a manager? In FM, I mean... IRL there are restrictions, right? IMO, if us as FM players, choose to start at Sunday leagues level, we shouldn't be able to get any top league level manager jobs.

On the other hand, if we are talking about some lower level leagues, then  - can there be any long served GOOD DOFs? What I have seen there are those old volunteers or with salaries between 500-1 000 with Negotiation skill something like3-5. They can be sacked, or changed, or...

Could there be more complex negotiations when you are there trying to get that managers job? Like, if team has a loved DOF, the Board could say "You work under DOF. If there are any conflicts between you and DOF, you will have to go."

2. Again, more meaningful questions to job negotiation. The Board asks "Are you ready to use other tactics?" If not, no job.

3. There are local derbys included, why not also these.

Re. Your first point, it's all relative. Most DOFs at low levels are useless, but the point is that the majority do have at least some reputation within the game, even if their attributes are poor. 

My point is that I don't think the user should be able to change entire backroom structures at clubs the second they walk in. Coaching staff, yes. But DOFs, HOYD, even recruitment and medical teams, no.  Maybe, with the example I gave, this is another way in which starting rep could be implemented. If I, with Sunday League experience arrive at Southport, they aren't going to get rid of a club legend just because I say so. However, if I had international experience - say Wayne Rooney decided to apply for the job IRL- then existing structures I would think would be very flexible.  

For me this is something that should change with experience, and add extra layers of challenge to the game.

• 4 weeks later...