[Request] Adjust probabilities for willingness to sign, aso. and teams' scouting budgets in lower leagues

rristola

The way I see FM, there is much potential to include also lower leagues into it. I have also seen, that SI has searched volunteers to scout those lower leagues' teams.

I personally haven't ever played FM as a manager in Premier League or any of those top leagues, but many, many times in lower leagues. Sadly there is something not that good in FM's way of handling those lower leagues - outcome isn't realistic.

This is a pretty long writing, but it has three suggestions, and also reasoning for every one.

The next is loaned from the "Discussions" forum, and I am the author of it,

--  --  --  --

I use mods. Adding leagues, kits and more realism. Nothing to make FM easier.

I am new as a manager, not a legend. I chose to be manager in a team which was promoted from 9. level in England, but team is also doomed to be relegated back. Only a few players in team and no staff at all. Team is amateur, no money for anything (except for scouting).

That was the starting point. Now we are waiting our first friendly in pre-season. Nothing really meaningful has happened. I have searched new players really hard. Look who have I found. My squad (4-1-3-2), last contract - years and level:

2018-20 League Two                                                 2017-20 Champ, but loaned into a 7. level team

2018-20 VNL                                      2017-20 Prem                                 2017-21 Prem

2018-20 League Two

2016-18 Prem                     2017-21 Prem                           2018-21  Prem                  2020-21 VNL

2018-21 Prem

These VNL players are older, 30 and 26 years olds, but otherwise they are 20 or less.

My question is that should finding players be this easy?

--  --  --  --

Why did I put this here? That was one start of my games. and I wanted to ask people (who would know things IRL better), if that scenario could happen IRL, because it sounds unbelievable. Answer - NO.

What I'm thinking is, that there could be some kind of a UNIVERSAL system to calculate new, MORE REALISTIC attractiveness aso. values for different lower leagues levels and teams in them.

There could be an OPTION for more strict rules for lower leagues in Preferences.

First - scouting.

- Scouting budget can be quite a lot compared to wage budget. Just checked up - one team in English 7. level had about 7 000 p/m wage budget (about 3 000 left to use) and 3 200 p/m for (regional) scouting package.

One team in 8. level had 0 p/m wage budget, but still it got enough money for that scouting package. What?

-> Could new rule be, that the lower the wage budget is, the lower scouting budget gets? So that they would be balanced. And, IMO the wage budget is far more important than scouting budget!  Doing a lot of scouting when wages are 0, is unrealistic.

If team has not enough scouting money, it doesn't have to do scouting every month. And, if wage budget is 0, there can be only volunteer scouts in team.

-> Opposition analysis and such are included in teams budget - but if there is no money, should also this be "too expensive"?

-> The Board can always give more money to be used for scouting - like to go to visit some youngsters tournament.

There is one bigger suggestion, if even possible to accomplish. In FM doing scouting without any scouting package costs nothing.

What if scouting in your own local area would be considered as no-cost zone? It would be like when you would drive by your own car to see a game in the other football center in town, or into the neighbouring town...

That way those lower leagues teams still could do some scouting. It would also be quite realistic, because players with no salary or even appearance fee would not travel long distances just for a hobby a couple times a week!

POSSIBLE PROBLEM - what means the (smallest) local area in each country? Are there enough players in those areas that this would work? Should it be the local area AND neighbouring areas?

That is for you, SI DEVS, to decide. (I assume that all countries are devided into some kind of local areas???)

Second - probabilities for some things to happen, or not...

- Like there was in my example, is it really that possible for a 18-20 years old player previously from Premier league team academy(?) to change into a 8. level amateur team, if there isn't any significant "special" reason, like coming back to home town after being dropped out?

-> How could it be possible to increase the speed of decreaseasing the attractiveness of going to try-outs or willingness to sign into a lower leagues team - step by step the bigger the gap between those two leagues.

-> I have found that even top league level players DON'T get ANGRY, when they are contacted over and over again from lower leagues. Why? After 2-3-4 times those players should NOT answer those calls, aso., for some time. Or their agent. Without any special reason.

- There could be also other things, where probabilities should be adjusted, but I should know more about life in different countries IRL to be able to give any suggestions. That part is for you, SI DEVS.

Third - something positive, there should be ways to get more money for lower leagues

- There are now possibility to play friendlies, and have a Community Outreach.

-> Could there be one more option - Fundraising Event, where players would play a friendly, market, fan stuff would be sold, possible sponsors could have their tents there, aso. It would take 2 slots in training schedule, and amount of profit - something proportional to the team.

-> Negative sides - there could be players who don't like these kind of happenings (minus for mood). It takes time away from training. They play a friendly, so they need rest.

- There are teams, which have 0 wage budget. For those teams even 1 000 is a lot of money...

Fourth - willingness to sign concerning staff

- Good staff is hard to find, they say. But, in FM it can be too easy.

-> I have been able to find a Physios who have been true professionals (skill about 15), and they agreed to work as volunteers. Maybe they have other well paying customers, but... really?

If you, SI DEVS, have any idea to take these lower leagues as official ones - some day, you should adjust calculations/rules for lower leagues. IF you find out that there are now any unrealistic things. Isn't this a simulation more than just a game?

Thanks.

PS. With FM23 I am planning to start managing in Finland lower leagues. I have even made some kits for them. Link - https://www.mediafire.com/file/62sfhukhbtohpza/Finnish_1.Div_%27Ykk%C3%B6nen%27%2C_2.Div_%27Kakkonen%27_and_some_lower_teams.7z/file

Edited by rristola
added 4. part - staff

• 4 weeks later...