Intuition v Data

It's just a question is all; particularly when signing players

Do players religiously check scout reports and data analysts or just (me personally) see 6"7 CD/TM and sign?

I spent my entire FM 22 career as manager of Hong Kong (Irn Bru!) Rangers and I don't think I used any of them once.

Got an agent badger me about some Qatari newgen; that I signed and scored 24 in 16 then sold for 1.8m (more youth facilities)

Thing is. None of it was using the recent tools given in the game, it's just me looking at attributes and saying "him" and, this time, it working out brilliantly.

Just wondered, ahead of 23, what peoples play styles and or recruitment were like re all the data

3 hours ago, gavinski33 said:

It's just a question is all; particularly when signing players

Do players religiously check scout reports and data analysts or just (me personally) see 6"7 CD/TM and sign?

I spent my entire FM 22 career as manager of Hong Kong (Irn Bru!) Rangers and I don't think I used any of them once.

Got an agent badger me about some Qatari newgen; that I signed and scored 24 in 16 then sold for 1.8m (more youth facilities)

Thing is. None of it was using the recent tools given in the game, it's just me looking at attributes and saying "him" and, this time, it working out brilliantly.

Just wondered, ahead of 23, what peoples play styles and or recruitment were like re all the data

I play without attributes, or at worst, with the "stars for attributes" skin that bundles attributes into ranges. And I don't use player search at all - only look further into guys that my scouts bring to me or that show up on various lists (exception: I will use a "transfer list" and "loan list" and "expiring contracts" filter on the player search). 

Challenge yourself - it's a whole different world. 

On 17/10/2022 at 02:08, DaddyTorgo said:

I play without attributes, or at worst, with the "stars for attributes" skin that bundles attributes into ranges. And I don't use player search at all - only look further into guys that my scouts bring to me or that show up on various lists (exception: I will use a "transfer list" and "loan list" and "expiring contracts" filter on the player search). 

Challenge yourself - it's a whole different world. 

You're not telling me Southampton don't just Google "Bargain buy wonderkids for Premier League" to do their recruitment most years?

17 minuti fa, busngabb ha scritto:

You're not telling me Southampton don't just Google "Bargain buy wonderkids for Premier League" to do their recruitment most years?

of course not, they use FM23 editor and check the attributes directly. like all professional teams do!

I only check scouts reports for things like consistency or injury probability + player potential, but anything that I can see in the attributes myself I don't even bother to read. I would like to try a play-through with attribute masking and relying only in scouts and statistics/performance, but I am afraid I am not good enough in the game for something like that :D