Aston villa HELP!!!

Hi, i recently started playing fm09. I was thinking about managing Man Utd, but i thought i should manage aston villa as they have a lot of potential. During the pre season, i managed to snap up arshavin, huntelaar and zhirkov for a overall total of 37 million. Now my first two prem league matches were against Wigan(away) and Blackburn(Home).

This is how the results went:

vs Wigan: was outplayed 3-0 lol. i was amazed as i could not even get a simple attack going. my team found it hard to get past their own half as they were being pushed back by wigan's constant flank attacks. i made/used a 4-2-1-2-1 formation, consisting of 2 defensive midfielders, a centre mid(playmaker), two wingers(one would often cut inside) and a lone target man. This formation was not working and i was being completely played off the park. Although, in the last 10 mins, i changed to a 4-4-2 attacking and managed to create 2 or 3 decent chances.

vs Blackburn: decided to stick with the 4-2-1-2-1 as i thought that the team probably needs to get used to the tactic. WELL, that never worked! lol. once again i was outplayed. Switched to 4-4-2 attacking in the 2nd half, but could not get a goal. Ended up losing 2-0

Please can someone help me with this. Also if anyone can recommend any tactics that could suit villa, i would be extremely grateful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Hello. I am also playing with Aston Villa. I am currently 4th after 25 games and I also won my Uefa cup group. I would recommend the tactic created by Robhug. Working wonders for me.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=67047

How did you manage to get all those players? I started with 6-8m. Did you sell?

Yh, i sold harewood for 7 million to reading (fee could go up to 13 million depending on how many goals and appearences he makes). i also sold barry for 27 million lol (i know im a idiot). But that was actually good business coz i managed to get two players in his position that have better stats.

Btw, thanks for the link. i will let you know in due time whether this tactic helps.

Archived