FM23 - Regional Save in Germany, only signing players from Saxony-Anhalt

ToMexico!!

Mid-Season Break - Dec 2037

We reach the break is some fine fettle, sitting in 5th place but just a point behind 3rd, first and probably 2nd place are unreachable. We're the top scorers in the league with 38 goals so far, five more than top placed Dresden. We have conceded more than those around us but I'm happy with the way we are playing, although I am envious of Dresden who have conceded just four goals so far in 17 games. 

More goals for the team means more goals for individuals and its reflects in the goalscoring chart especially. Mauro Santos has 13 league goals from AMC as a shadow striker, whilst 3rd in charts Oyay Kenyi has 11 league goals plus a further three in the Pokal. New signing Coulibaly has seven goals so far this season. Mauro also tops the assist charts for the league with 10 to his name whilst Clement Udeh has seven assists mainly from the bench. 

The youth facilities are set for completion to their latest upgrade which has cost us £1.8m. We still have plenty of money on the balance sheet though. 

c9b5371cd1c54ca519282178488fa964.png

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Youth Intake Review - April 2038

885abc698c657e5b5e11658c909e8959.png

d099867c6dcfda134dc85aac63722458.png

Four elite talents in this group. 

• Moussa Diakite - poor technically but some decent mental attributes. 
  • Abdul Bekoe - a model citizen, currently a winger but can't cross, will retrain him to AMC. Will also work on his endurance to begin with. 
  • Lirio Matine - a short centre back, needs a lot of work. 
  • Mohamed Cheikh - another attacking midfielder with low work rate. Straight onto training for AMC and Endurance. I like his traits "Runs with Ball through centre" and "Runs with ball often" but will need to improve his dibbling a bit more. 

383b86219027bf4f32ac69a7a45fee06.png

Map 1 | Map 2

2037/38 Season Review

After the sale of Mauro Santos, things weren't quite the same, whilst results and form didn't change too much, margins of victory shrunk and performances in general suffered. For comparison, in the first half of the season (17 games) we scored 38 goals and in the 2nd half we scored just 21 goals. We really missed Mauro's creativity in the hole behind the strikers. 

We lost just one game less in the 2nd half of the season, meaning we got 29 points from those 17 games. Overall we finished in 6th place, just one point behind Darmstaddt, had we beaten Kalshrurer rather than draw the last game of the season we would have finished a place higher. 

Another 2nd Round exit in the Pokal, we beat Oberlausitz before losing heavily to Leipzig

Oyay Kenyi finished top scorer for the club with 20 goals in 27 games, whilst Udeh and Coulibaly both finished with seven apiece. We had quite a few players finish the season with an average rating above 7.0, namely Kenyi with 7.48, Wolf with 7.35 and Quidzinski with 7.11. 

Off the pitch, the youth facilities were improved to Good. The planned capacity of the new stadium is 28493, all seated, how much this is going to cost is still a mystery. 

34880d97f530068c8f4623e43e90130f.png

f1313f1a662044371e6d95a182b89ea9.png

We received £14.5m for finishing in 6th place. 

bf8aa12d03a30a004148988155348e73.png

caa62a29e497e4bb8dfd18eaf3826074.png

Stadium Plans - May 2039

961fdf6705b5c280a18703f4b24dcf38.png

£40m for a new stadium. The Dariusz Wosz Stadium is set to be completed in June 2041 and in financed by a £24.5m loan and £10.5m worth of sponsorship. Named after club legend Dariusz Wosz who played for Hallescher between 1986 & 1992 making 116 appearances and scoring 20 goals from midfield before moving to Bochum.

Transfers - Summer 2038

2784bf5664112d63f5d8470faf46db8f.png

There are very few players now that I could bring in and improve the squad, most of those don't want to sign for us. We'll take a look at those in a second. 

Two players do join though. Noah Dorrbeck who was poached from us by Wolfsburg was released, I didn't want to see him retire like a few before him, so we signed him on a two-year deal to hopefully improve him and cast him into the regional leagues. I then re-signed Abraham Coulibaly for £220k rising to £250k from Heidenheim where he had been for the past five seasons having been sold to Hoffenheim by us in 2031/32. He offers another feather in the attacking departments cap. 

There are three players who would drastically improve the squad but either aren't interested in signing or are too expensive. 

• Hassan Ahmed Ali - CB - RB Leipzig - he's the best Saxony-Anhalt born player in the game. 
  • Mauro Santos - AMC - Hertha Berlin - they steal him from us and then don't play him, I shed a little tear everytime I look to see if he has played. 
  • Vianney Moundounga - GK - Al-Ain - came through at Magdeburg, obvs didn't want to sign for us, went on to play for Juve, Fiorentina, Milan, Atalanta, Bayern and Hertha Berlin. 

There's one player who would improve the squad but won't join due to rivalry. 

• Ghazi Trabelsi - CB - Magdeburg - we've had multiple bids accepted, we can afford his wages, we can offer him Bundesliga 2 football. Doesn't care, pledging his allegiance. 

There isn't really any youngsters worthy of showing you, the intakes of recent times have been void of any quality/potential players who I can shortlist to bring into the club. 

22 minutes ago, john1 said:

Read the whole thing from the start, Wow what a huge progress all the way through. Shame, you are having a yo yo effect with your youth intakes! :( 

Thanks John. We have made huge strides, whilst the solitary season in the Bundesliga was great for the finances it didn't help the team but we're comfortable in the 2nd tier as things stand. 

Yeah theres a real lack of players from the region coming through at other teams but that could be because we're hoovering up the talent as apposed to the other teams like Leipzig who we've bought players from previously. 

I'm looking forward to the new stadium opening and increasing our revenue. 

Youth Intake Preview - Dec 2038

dbff1c2c9e69fbc301fafb0031f23da3.png

I like that we're getting more players from the central areas. 

I forgot to mention we were forced into finding a new HoYD. Our previous long term staff member retired but there wasn't any decent replacements available, however we were fortunate enough to have Paul Witt as a U19 coach who we promoted to the HoYD role. He still has two further coaching courses to complete to hopefully make him more competent in the role. 

Mid-Season Break - Dec 2038

We've reached the mid-season break in 6th place which is decent but it feels all a bit difficult again. We only scored 23 goals in these first 17 games whilst conceding 19 which is far behind the 38 goals we scored in the first half of last season. We really seem to be missing Mauro Santos (who's made six sub appearances for Hertha so far this season) as we had no direct replacement for him in the shadow striker role. 

Ibrahim Coulibaly has the most goals with just six with the newer recruit and other Coulibaly scoring four. Kenyi has just three goals and a host of players each have two. 

07b57fe19f5226f27592201d192b2e23.png

I've decided to stop with improvements to the facilties as we're losing around £1m per month as things stand. I have a few important contracts that need renewing this summer and don't want to give the board the oppotunity to reduce the wage budget. What I didn't realise that when the board took out the loan for the new stadium, they repaid the previous loan in full to ensure we had just the single loan in place. 

Youth Intake Review - April 2039

2bc58b219466c1a04420fec28e17debf.png

19278ee8eec5f67aab738e7c2dced7ba.png

Back to just two elite talents this season. 

Roland Bassompa - described as a RB or a CB but with poor tackling I don't see it. Either footed so could play further forward especially with double figure passing. 

Kelly Bartolomeu - a defensive winger, no thanks! He'll be retrained to a RB. Needs to lose the trait though. 

002fdd9c71cc12e3c7ecebb0693cec48.png

I much prefer Mouad Taktak, who obviously has the most CA in the intake, I think he could develop into a decent central midfielder. Just one player born in Africa this intake also. 

Germany Map | Africa Map

Objectives - May 2039

fcd99942bcfba6864b794e1212ad1c95.png

Board are well happy. 

9cf787fea97922ba9feb8b2e3afe943a.png

The supporters are not. I have to attend a meeting. 

I've told them we had a tough run of fixtures which they agreed. And that I will get the club playing better football again. We have one game remaining of the season :lol:

36f253d82d007067cc54664420ee392f.png

Not a peep from the supporters in 16 seasons before this one and now they pipe up. 

2038/39 Season Review

6th place at the mid-season break seemed a good place to finish but we did just slightly better, after we won the last two games of the season to push us up from 7th to 5th place. The board were very happy with 5th place, recording a top half finish four years ahead of schedule for them but the supporters are furious with the job I am doing because we failed to make the play-offs

fe8e89e9e35bd8a20447a7b8a6d10691.png

The problem was we couldn't string a run of wins together to maintain a playoff place, we seemed to play the top teams at the wrong times, they ended anything before it got going and with the lack of goal scored it compounded our drop in form. We only scored 44 goals this season which was 15 less than last season, we scored more in our first season back in the league after being relegated from the Bundesliga when we finished 8th. 

Anyway, I'm happy with the improvement of one place, lets see what the fans think we should be doing next season, if we're not sacked before then. 

We love a 2nd round exit from the Pokal, we beat Armenia Bielefeld in the 1st Round before losing 3-1 to Stuttgart. 

The Coulibaly brothers (not real brothers) both scored eight goals apiece to finish at the clubs top scorers, with Abraham being the better of the two as he notched seven assists to Ibrahim's four. We starting to lack the quality in forward areas and it could be a good time to mix things up a bit, promote a couple of youngsters whilst releasing/selling a couple of the poorer players in the league, we have nothing to lose really. Other than my job. Nico Wolf is the standout player at the club and paid accordingly, his performances at CB have won us points singlehandedly. 

35af758006981bdb2ca1ee9fad73efaa.png

The balance sheet says we made £2m thanks to the above prize money which we are ever grateful for. Player wages are just shy of £9m for the season despite being over £200k under the weekly wage budget. Loan repayments for the stadium also totalled £2.75m for the season. 

7c9c9546f21bfe813139357b902a08bd.png

8a76f5103dbc293bebac7c9b66fd27ce.png

15 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

Bassompa looks like an ideal anchor man.

We're training him as a ball playing defender (stopper) at the moment, going against my own theory. He's not mobile enough to be a full back and doesn't have the tackling for a DM. I can't see him featuring for us anyway. 

Supporter Profile - May 2039

We'll post this now as its updated for the new season. 

6f92e002e771051dd8a2b3e1250da55f.png

Our social media following has rocketed in the past few seasons despite it not meaning anything. 

f6470e0271646dfb8b3accbbb42a0bcc.png

The bottom one is the key, "Become an establishde Bundesliga 2 team". If we're in the top 3 at anytime we'll check to see that has changed. 

Transfers - Summer 2039

£23m to spend and £250k pw in the wage budget. 

a26770b7f2053fc27030752517505ac8.png

We don't sign anyone. We made bids for two players but neither want to join, Ghazi Trabelsi again from Magdeburg for £500k but he won't join due to the rivalry and Mauro Santos, we bid £8m which was accepted by Hertha Berlin but he wanted astrinomical wages, something like £60k pw plus £2m signing bonus. We can afford that but lets not cause issue by paying twice as much to one player than what is our current highest earner. 

Instead we promoted some youth to the first team. 

• Brahim Tahiri - RB - he's slotted straight into RB and done well including scoring on debut. 
  • Yaak Deng - DM/CM - we released Dzingai at the end of his contract so we needed someone to replace him. 
  • Ahmed Fahmy - ST - rapid striker who's scored five goals in seven games so far.
  • Ali Traore - ST - a better striker technically than Fahmy, getting opportunities from the bench. 

Youth Intake Review - April 2040

Our first intake of the 40's and I forgot to take the preview screenshot but its was another 5* potential golden generation. 

There were also two elite players (forgot that screenshot too last night). 

897f7d948f7798158c178a01edd53558.png

Mustapha Ceesay is a RB who has since been downgraded to 4* potential. I actually like the look of Moussa Kone, a GK and Mohammed Eshtewi, a LB. 

Germany Map | Africa Map

Edited by ToMexico!!

2039/40 Season Review

We finished the season in a 2nd successive 5th place but it could have been so much better, we managed to lose the last two games of the season to relegated Osnabruck and lowly Hansa Rostock to see us drop from 3rd to 5th. We scored 45 goals this season which was joint 2nd highest behind play-off bound Dresden with 48 but also conceded 36 goals which was only worsened by six teams. 

The run of exiting the Pokal in the 2nd Round continues, we beat Koblenz 5-0 before losing 3-1 to Union Berlin from the Bundesliga. 

Promoting youth to the first team was a success. Ahmed Fahmy finished the season with 22 goals in 33 games with 20 of those in the league to see him finish in second in the league goalscorer chart. Ali Traore managed five goals in 14(1) games as a rotation striker, whilst Yaak Deng made seven assists from midfield and Brahim Tahiri scored one goal and made four assists from RB. I have two or three more youth players in mind to promote for next season. 

a8e3d5400ccb49a17a448755d0266f77.png

We made £15m for finishing in 5th place but did lose plenty of money through the course of the season. We have one more season in our current stadium before moving into the new one in June 2041. 

cce23a9faa8cad4416f4b53b43259e85.png

Around the Save - May 2040

f9403ce0c1e595caa4c13db116f8cd4b.png

Above are the leagues we have loaded but only Germany as playable. Lets say its thrown up a few weird winners of competitions. 

In Austria, Salzburg were the dominant force as ever but things have gone downhill since the 2034/35 season, a couple of shock winners in Lafnitz in 2032/33 and Blau-Weiss Linz in 2036/37. Salzburg finished 2nd bottom and were lucky not to be relegated this season.

In France, its just been PSG dominating as usual. No real other changes, Lorient 2nd this season and Ajaccio third as weird as it gets. 

In Switzerland, Basel have won the title just once in 2022/23 and have just been relegated this season. Even weirder was Young Boys were relegated in 2034/35 and have only just won promotion back to the top flight, Basel were relegated in the same season too. The season prior, Young Boys had finished 2nd. 

England, now I've kept tabs on the league like normal and its thrown up a couple of weird winners already, Southampton in 2036/37 and Gillingham :idiot: in 2038/39. Other teams in the Premier League this season include Bristol Rovers, Harrogate, Hartlepool, Stockport and Mansfield. Everton were relegated in 2022/23, Brighton in 2025/26, Aston Villa in 2027/28, Leicester in 2030/31, Tottenham in 2036/37. Tottenham were relegated again this season to League 1, Wolves and Aston Villa are in League 2 as are Forest. 

Not much has changed in Germany, no major relegations from the Bundesliga to Bundesliga 2 or from 3. Liga into the regional leagues. Bayern have very much been the dominant force but Hamburg have just won the 37/38 and 39/40 season whilst Monchengladbach are sandwiched between. 

Guardiola is managed of Hamburg with Messi as his assistant. Hugo Lloris is Hertha Berlin manager, Trent Alexander-Arnold manages Freiburg, Nagelsmann is still at Bayern. Borna Sosa in Koln manager in the 2nd tier, Klose is at Bielefeld, Laimer at Paderborn, Shkodran Mustafi at Dresden, Daniele De Rossi as Regensburg, Thiago Motta at Werder Bremen. 

On 12/11/2022 at 08:42, ToMexico!! said:

Intake Player Attributes Decrease after Evaluation - April 2035

So latest intake and I take another look at Compaore, our star of the intake so I can rename him and set about his training. 

Left if what he was before the Intake v U19 game and right is after. 

32bbe1382cb6c8aa27bd98f72fb62e32.png8c310d40604c29470633e7184a560ffc.png

Concentrating on the double digit attributes for ease. 

First Touch, Marking, Tackling, Technique all decreased. Composure, Concentration, Positioning, Teamwork, Vision, Work Rate all decreased. Agility, Jumping Reach also. He looks half the player he was. 

Has anyone else seen such this with their players? Is it now a thing in FM, that a player may be actually worse than he is perceived on intial intake day and their attributes are corrected to reality? 

Or is this a bug? 

This doesn't look good. I can't see it being a thing where a player is worse than perceived on initial intake day, that could only be a thing maybe if attribute masking was on. But just looks like he's declined in everything

I understand why you might only want a limited number of clubs in your save. I usually always have La Liga and Serie A among the Leagues played or viewed just so things don't get too weird 10-20 years down the road in a save.

Even though in a FM22 Journeyman save in 2036 as Hertha Manager, I had Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola in the scouting department! (No editor! I used the advertise feature of the job center and they applied)

59 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

I understand why you might only want a limited number of clubs in your save. I usually always have La Liga and Serie A among the Leagues played or viewed just so things don't get too weird 10-20 years down the road in a save.

Even though in a FM22 Journeyman save in 2036 as Hertha Manager, I had Jurgen Klopp and Pep Guardiola in the scouting department! (No editor! I used the advertise feature of the job center and they applied)

I have a pretty decent gaming laptop so could have added more but due to the longevity of the save I didn't want to add too many leagues and it slows the save game down. 

I always add England as view-only when doing a save if not playing there, even when doing an Africa or West Asia save I haven't seen clubs like Gillingham win the league that quickly. 

4 hours ago, ryanlion28 said:

This doesn't look good. I can't see it being a thing where a player is worse than perceived on initial intake day, that could only be a thing maybe if attribute masking was on. But just looks like he's declined in everything

I never have attribute masking on. I mean how could he have declined in all those attributes in a week? 

This is him now. Some of them attributes still haven't recovered. 

dca0114944088b42414362d175f466e3.png

1 hour ago, ToMexico!! said:

I never have attribute masking on. I mean how could he have declined in all those attributes in a week? 

This is him now. Some of them attributes still haven't recovered. 

dca0114944088b42414362d175f466e3.png

What is the proficiency of the coaching staff member(s) that are in judging CA and PA?

12 hours ago, Hootieleece said:

What is the proficiency of the coaching staff member(s) that are in judging CA and PA?

At that time we had a different HoYD and I can't remember his JPA/JPP but it was better than what we have now. 

We've had the same U19 Head Coach since 2023, his JPA/JPP are both 10. 

Whilst neither were/are top quality, they fit within the remit of the save but I don't see that they had a bearing on all those attributes declining, I've never seen it before in a save with any youth player. 

Transfers - Summer 2040

Again there were no transfers in this summer. 

Hassan Ahmed Ali joined Southampton for £45m from Leipzig, annoyingly Mauro Santos joined Werder Bremen on loan (the same league as us) and both Ghazi Trabelsi and Abdoul Karim Souley still wouldn't join due to the rivalry between us and Magdeburg. 

Instead again, we promoted youth to the first team to fill the gaps. 

• Noah Dorrbeck doesn't want to be here but he's a bench filler for at least this season. 
  • We only have one recognised left back and he's really a centre back, so I promoted 16 year old Mohammed Eshtewi to the first team as cover. 
  • Stanley Chatsalira has kind gone under the radar, he offers an alternative at CM/AMC. 
  • Oumar Compaore, the man with the declining attributes after intake, he's given a chance in CM this season, mainly from the bench. 
  • Abdul Bekoe moves up to the first team to rotate in at AMC

Just a few titbits about the make-up of the squad. 

• 18 of the 23 First Team Players were born in Saxony-Anhalt (78%)
  • 4 of the 23 players were originally poached from Hallescher academy (17%)
  • 12 of the 23 players came through our youth intakes (52%)
  • 7 of the 23 players were signed from other clubs (not including poached players) (30%)

40 minutes ago, KristianT said:

This is a fantastic save to follow. Love the restrictions you've given yourself.

Thanks Kristian, I did it before with Racing Santander in Cantabria, Spain but had a tycoon takeover so it was a lot easier. 

I'm not a youth only FM player so this gives me the right blend of youth v signings but also gives me longevity to a save. 

Mid-Season Break - Dec 2040

A great first half of the season as we sit in 2nd place after 17 games. We've lost just three games, annoyingly to all lower tabled teams. 28 goals scored and 17 conceded is a good performance so far. We're scoring more than expected, conceding less than expected. Pass completion is down but thats expected when we're playing more direct and utilising passing over the backline. 

We've not really had a standout performer; Kenyi & Coulibaly both have six goals and Fahmy and Bekoe both have five apiece. Fahmy heads up the club assists list. 

c062c090ab5c42e26d097a2c9d1d330c.png

We're losing plenty of money, £6.5m already.

10 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Thanks Kristian, I did it before with Racing Santander in Cantabria, Spain but had a tycoon takeover so it was a lot easier. 

I'm not a youth only FM player so this gives me the right blend of youth v signings but also gives me longevity to a save. 

Very nice. Might be inspired myself.

Did you write about the Santander save here? Would love to read it.

11 hours ago, KristianT said:

Very nice. Might be inspired myself.

Did you write about the Santander save here? Would love to read it.

I did and I didn't. 

I still have the save on FM22 and then changed the rules abit to be able to sign players from affiliate clubs but didn't write about it I think. 

2040/41 Season Review

Wow, we sat in 2nd place at the mid-season break and we just went from strength to strength in the second half of the season, it almost felt like we won every match but we didn't. Still we ended the back half of the season with 11 wins and three draws from our 17 games, scoring 38 goals and conceding 23, accumulating 36 points to see us crowned as Champions of Bundesliga 2

We finished 6 points ahead of a Kaiserslautern and a further four points to 3rd placed Hansa Rostock. We top scored in the division with 66 goals, whilst we did concede 40 which was the 7th highest total. 

You guessed it, another 2nd Round exit in the Pokal, we beat Lotte in the 1st Round before being demolished 5-0 by Bundesliga side Hoffenheim. 

Three players reached double figures for goals this season, Ahmed Fahmy notched 22 goals and made 10 assists also whilst Oyay Kenyi scored 14 goals and made 13 assists, his assists a club high and Abdul Bekoe in his debut season scored 13 goals and made eight assists from AMC as a Shadow Striker. 

c54b37805984b7aef9fc24d1192d8747.png

We received £19.2m for winning the title this season which see us make a profit before the players season bonuses are exercised. In the new season I'm going to make a concious effort to upgrade as much as I can, if we get relegated next season (which is likely) we will be receiving a minimum £33m for our troubles. 

3cbaaa035ed25fe86fa4c05098d0c5e9.png

68362bc183f9fe2f07ca23625f17b34e.png

Youth Intake Review - April 2042

7286a8974ebd8611988f13a8ad9b8692.png

Downgraded to a Good intake. 

15632994bd04318bb8fcadd1ec912fa8.png

Two elite talents, both left wingers. 

• Enoch Mayanith - either a striker or inverted winger. I could see him dropping even deeper into central midfield. 
  • Prince Andouono - probably a better fit for left wing but we don't play with wingers. 

6b61deebd66c20bf2611caa73362764d.png

Quite a poor set of players overall, with poor personalities apart from the goalkeeper, Traidi. 

Map of Saxony-Anhalt | Map of Germany | Map of Africa

2041/42 Season Review

Last time we were in the Bundesliga we managed to sneak a place in the relegation play-offs but lost, we spent five seasons back in the 2nd tier of Germany, using the "prize money" to improve and build a team capable of staying in the Bundesliga if and when we got promoted again. 

In that 2035/36 season we managed to score just 14 league goals in the entire season which was dreadful this season we achieved 14 goals scored after eight games. We managed to end the season having scored 54 goals which was actually the 5th highest. Spending the past five/six seasons playing the same narrow, direct tactic has paid dividends. We did concede 55 goals which was the  3rd most saw us end with a negative goal difference but only just. Anway, we managed to achieve an 11th placed finish. We picked up some decent wins, we beat Hertha Berlin home and away, Dortmund away, Wolfsburg away, Frankfurt at home. 

We beat Magdeburg on penalties in the 1st Round of the Pokal before losing to Leverkusen in the 2nd Round. 

Ahmed Fahmy continued his goal scoring record with another 22 goals this season in 35 games with 21 of those in the league, which saw him top the league goalscoring chart by three goals. Mauro Santos had a fantastic return to the club with 18 goals and nine assists from AMC as a shadow striker. Nico Wolf had another great season in defence. 

917dda44e37deb3355f6904bd9195621.png

Huge income for finishing 11th, we had spent nearly £6m on improving the training and youth facilities this season so by the end of the campaign we were heavily in the red. We can look to further improve the facilities and the coaching/recruitment. 

9fed8bf03c3cebc4d3b2a6ab14071a5b.png

9fd1c90a42ff6f5c16543a561e5458eb.png

Transfers - Summer 2042

65747c4bab7e125badfa2c971b2bd595.png

There's a real plight of players from the region good enough to warrant signing but we keep our eye on the new players every new intake. 

Marco Gehring fits that bill, he came through last season at Hertha Berlin so I was a little shocked that they accepted and then he wanted to sign. His PA has dropped since joining but that doesn't matter too much, he will develop hopefully and play a role in midfield. Juddy Zola came through in the 38/39 season at Leipzig and hasn't really developed too much. 

I decided to sell the moaning, whinging Boniface Origi, who felt he was above his station, he's gone to sit in Darmstadt U19s instead.