FM23 - Regional Save in Germany, only signing players from Saxony-Anhalt

ToMexico!!

Sensational Season Start - Aug 2042

60f17e13c9bc4c84dec1ad885318f7af.png

The 2nd and 3rd game of the season :onmehead:

I thought the first result was a one off, Frankfurt escaped being automatically relegated on the last day of the season last season and scraped through the relegation play-offs, whilst Bayer Leverkusen finished a single point ahead of us last season are languishing a point above bottom placed Frankfurt this season (after 8 games). 

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mid-Season Break - Dec 2042

We've had some really good results so far this, some ridiculous ones to be honest. 

5f1f9779f0c52d054ceb49e0ddd9b62f.png

As I had previously posted, game 2 & 3 of the season were the results over Frankfurt and Leverkusen. Somehow, we beat Dortmund who are top of the league 6-0 and we also beat rivals Leipzig 3-1 at home. We sit 5th on goal difference. 

9d4407e7c80198c484b7b96d4f385165.png

We're top scorers in the league so far with 41, two more than Dormtund. We've conceded 20 goals which is the 9th most. Ahmed Fahmy has 22 goals in 18 games including three hat-tricks and five braces. Kenyi has sprung into life this season, he scored just seven times last season but has notched 13 so far this season. Mauro Santos has been a little quieter as a result, he has seven assists which is joint most with our right back Tahiri. 

2f0ab8039697cbf98f9586668f64ff25.png

We're in the process of improving the youth facilities again, costing £4m this time. Youth Recruitment has also been improved. Our Youth setup is still only costing £145k per month. 

Edited by ToMexico!!
forgot the table

17 minutes ago, TelcontarTargaryen said:

Well, you have turned the corner now, I feel season or two and you will be crowned champion I think. Still some way to go, but I think you have gotten past the hardest part. 

Thanks, I think we have, we're an established Bundesliga side now despite what the media, board and fans think. 

We're a way off a league title yet. Our midfield trio isn't strong enough. I need to begin investing in Magdeburg and Halberstadt to get them to produce some better players. Although whether I can sign them from Magdeburg I'm not sure. 

Youth Intake Review - March 2043

523cb4b469ab73be4e667f691bdca6e7.png

Remains a golden generation. 

6a6579c9df5e031b540dbf2ad9bea235.png

Four elite talents. With 3 of the 4 most suited to LM/LW. 

• Rui Mane - Mercenary, I can't see this guy making it. 
  • Matsiko Mbowa - another mercenary but a better one, also has two traits already. 
  • Umaro Balde - an either footed attacking midfielder, yes please! Needs some work though, especially physically. 
  • Alex Etoga - not great technically. 

f242a1318e1944b2a4754825ac157dda.png

Quite a few poor personalities. 

Map of Saxony-Anhalt | Map of Germany | Map of Africa

2042/43 Season Review

A great season of improvement as we recorded a 7th placed finish in the league. We ended the season with 17 wins, just three draws and 14 losses, if we can turn four/fives losses into draws next season we'll have a chance of breaking into the top six with a similar sort of season to this one. We ended the season having scored 62 goals, which was the fourth highest in the league behind Dortmund, Gladbach and Bayern. However we conceded 46 goals which was the 6th most, we conceded six more goals in the 2nd half of the season and only scored 21 goals in 17 games compared to 41 in the first 17. 

5a6cb3d231961f83c7ba24ae61cf8103.png

We had our best ever finish in the Pokal; we beat Koblenz, Hansa Rostock and Nurnberg before losing heavily to Hamburg in the Quarter Finals

Ahmed Fahmy top scored with 31 goals in 36 games, with 26 of those in the league which saw him end as the leagues top scorer for the 2nd season running, long ball over the top seemingly doing the damage. Oyay Kenyi scored 18 goals and made 11 assists in a support role in attack, all his goals coming in the league and see's him finish 4th in the league chart. Yaak Deng made 10 assists from midfield, whilst Mauro Santos made nine and our right back Tahiri made seven. 

60dadf18796d22d63f968198b63fee12.png

We rake in a huge £68.5m for finishing in 7th place, we had lost quite a bit of money this season due to higher wage expenditure at over £14m for the season whilst improvements to the facilties had cost us £6.5m. The thing we need to upgrade is the Junior Coaching but the board are reluctant to despite my argument that we need to. 

1ed0c50c8e4315391bde74bf42760e55.png

d2d8e108e51af4f70d957f7ff04e536e.png

Affiliate Clubs - Aug 2043

b9c58732b2672e566b542480b5f978e8.png

Our repuatation has grown enough now to begin the slog of building an affiliate club portfolio. So far, discounting our 2nd string, we have three affiliate clubs. 

• ADO Den Haag - Youth Setup - £157k per season
  • Gwanju - Youth Setup - £155k per season
  • Nagoya Stolz - Financial - £108k per season

It remains to be seen whether we will benefit with youth players coming from either the Netherlands or South Korea due to us currently seeing every player have African nationality of some sort. Time will tell. 

6 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Affiliate Clubs - Aug 2043

b9c58732b2672e566b542480b5f978e8.png

Our repuatation has grown enough now to begin the slog of building an affiliate club portfolio. So far, discounting our 2nd string, we have three affiliate clubs. 

• ADO Den Haag - Youth Setup - £157k per season
  • Gwanju - Youth Setup - £155k per season
  • Nagoya Stolz - Financial - £108k per season

It remains to be seen whether we will benefit with youth players coming from either the Netherlands or South Korea due to us currently seeing every player have African nationality of some sort. Time will tell. 

Very interesting clubs you got and hopefully few youth via youth intakes! :) 

Europa Conference League - September 2043

Our first taste of continental football as we enter the Europa Conference League. Its also my first taste of the new format for the competition, we will play the eight teams below. We stand a good chance of winning at least four of these games I think; Schaffhausen, LASK, APOEL and Dnipro-1. 

b001ccdf4ae11829357d80f71bbdd0a2.png

Lets see how we get on and whether we can qualify for the next stage or not. 

4 hours ago, ToMexico!! said:

Europa Conference League - September 2043

Our first taste of continental football as we enter the Europa Conference League. Its also my first taste of the new format for the competition, we will play the eight teams below. We stand a good chance of winning at least four of these games I think; Schaffhausen, LASK, APOEL and Dnipro-1. 

b001ccdf4ae11829357d80f71bbdd0a2.png

Lets see how we get on and whether we can qualify for the next stage or not. 

Correction - Nov 2043

We're not in the Conference League at all, we're in the Europa League. And its so far, so good. 

ef0e8bf9516ae507b8fa0016b793380b.png

Mid-Season Break - Dec 2043

We go into the mid-season in 8th place, down on where we would like to be but we've had European football to contend with too. Surprised by the negative goal differene also but we have lost 4-0 to Dortmund and 5-2 to Hamburg so far this season. 

In the Europa League, we're going well still, we sit in 4th place with a 4-2-0 record in our six games so far. Having won our first four games against Schauffhausen, LASK, Apoel and Lyon we've drawn against Bristol Rovers and Crvena Zvezda. We have Dnipro and Sporting left to play. 

Ahmed Fahmy has 17 goals in 21(4) games so far this season, he's currently on 100 league goals for the club already. He's 44 goals behind Oyay Kenyi, who is his strike partner but at 33 years of age will be phased out at some point in the next season or two. Kenyi himself has 13 goals in 21(4) games and Mauro Santos is somewhat back to his best with six goals and 11 assists so far this season. Beyond those three, contributions have been few and far between. 

9a0f2e75963b1b06989d8b2a282d4766.png

£50m in the bank still, the balance will continue to grow season-on-season due to our little transfer expenditure due to the save constraints. 

Youth Intake Review - April 2044

2a5765d91ffcb5b134a05cc8c787fc90.png

It remains an excellent intake. 

6fd231b64d8410d774baf6962d72869d.png

Four elite talents. Salomon Fokou looks the best of the bunch although Low Determination is off putting to a degree. 

594acff9834fee03420e2a43820f7160.png

Not blessed with much in terms of good personalities here. Just one dual-African player born outside of Germany. 

Map of Saxony-Anhalt | Map of Germany | Map of Africa

8 minutes ago, Hootieleece said:

Richter would look good in your squad, looking at the poached players it seems like teams are looking for defense. 

He could do a job as 3rd choice if he reaches his potential. Dongmo is 1st choice and still only 29 so could be there for another 6/7 years, Moussa Kone has been promoted to 2nd choice and improving well, he's only 19.

We also have another two GKs who could do a job if required. 

2043/44 Season Review

Our first season in Europe and it was a good one. 

Initially, having finished 7th last season I thought we had qualified for the Conference League but it was actually the Europa League. Anyway, we were drawn against Schauffhausen, LASK, APOEL, Lyon, Bristol Rovers, Crvena zvezda, Dnipro and Sporting Portugal in what was our first foray into the new formats for European competitions. We managed to go through the group stage unbeaten with five wins and three draws to finish in 4th place and qualify for the Round of 16

We faced Swiss side Sion in the Round of 16, we drew 2-2 in Switzerland and then won the return fixture 3-0 at home, Ahmed Fahmy the hero with four goals across the two games. French side Lorient up next in the quarters, at home first with a 4-2 win. We drew the reverse fixture 1-1 to advance to the semi-final. Another French side in the semis in the shape of Nice. Away first this time and it ended 2-2, Fahmy at the double again. Back at home, Fahmy scored after 13 seconds but the game eventually went to extra time, Nice took the lead but we scored in the 119th minute to take the game to penalties where we won 3-1. We were in our first final. 

Annoyingly, we faced Hamburg in the final in Belgium. We eventually took the lead in the second half but were pegged back with 20 minutes to go. The game was uneventful from there on in and went to penalties where we prevailed 4-2 to be crowned the Europa League champions

eb7b1f7c72607248e84d231cdd08ee57.png

In the league we managed to finish in 7th place again, we managed to finish on the same points total but with worse goal difference by -10. We actually scored the same amount of goals as last season too with 62. We were pretty consistent through the course of the season never dropping below 9th or above 6th once the season settled. 

In finishing 7th we have qualified for the Conference League but due to winning the Europa League we have qualified for...

f49fa8b35b57d09cbf99aa3d276945d2.png

We reached the Quarter-Finals of the Pokal again, we beat St Pauli, Stuttgart and Union Berlin before losing to Dortmund. 

Ahmed Fahmy top scored with 37 goals, his highest return for us so far. 19 of those goals coming in the league which saw him finish 5th in the league chart. He scored 16 goals in the 15 games in the Europa League which saw him top the charts by three goals. Mauro Santos was back to his best scoring 23 goals and making 22 assists in 51(2) games. 33 year old Oyay Kenyi is showing signs of decline but managed 20 goals and 12 assists in 41(7) games. 

I think we're going to begin to struggle in a season or two, we don't have too many quality players coming through and there aren't many quality players coming through at other teams. I'm going to contiue to invest money into the youth side of this as thats our easiest way to improve. Currently we have Superb training and excellent youth facilities but with only Good junior coaching but excellent youth recruitment. 

1d6dc278e27ce28ceac0ae25e56c9718.png

We have plenty of money to improve the facilities further its just convincing the board to do so. 

36272ace4980c797ae32d51dd37dff43.png  

Taking a Break - September 2044

With the new patch (which seems to have ruined my tactic) and all the talk of Africa, its time to start a new save in Africa. I'm just working out in which nation I want to start this years save. 

The choice is between Angola, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Madagascar, Mali, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe. 

17 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

With the new patch (which seems to have ruined my tactic) and all the talk of Africa, its time to start a new save in Africa. I'm just working out in which nation I want to start this years save. 

The choice is between Angola, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Madagascar, Mali, South Sudan, Uganda, Zambia or Zimbabwe. 

Very much looking forward to it!

19 minutes ago, ToMexico!! said:

Uganda and Gambia would get my vote.

You had one hell of a ride with Halle with those requirements.

I think with winning the EL, you got a nice exit to this save.

13 minutes ago, ryanlion28 said:

Bristol Rovers in the Europa League? Tycoon takeover?

I think it was just the nature of being a view-only league. Same as Man Utd got relegated to the Championship and Tottenham got relegated to League One. 

On 02/12/2022 at 03:15, ToMexico!! said:

Very excited! Ethiopia and South Sudan seem neat