[FM23 Beta] Newcastle Title Challengers

xray1324

The aim is simple. Overachieve and get into the top 4 as early as possible. How? Play an exciting, attacking brand of football, while being solid at the back. I believe a 5-2-3 will do that job. We're going to play with the first transfer window off. We have a talented squad with some good players in it, and some players that in time will be replaced as they're not good enough.

This is the tactic we're going to use, and I'll see you once the friendlies are done. Ignore the players in the line-up, that was just me pressing quick pick lol

image.png.70488a466005046c5b2a675c012f2f3d.png

July 2022 Results

image.png.7b6f81d82742b98508d9288b0715ea4d.png

Our game against SH Port was an unexpectedly tight game where if it wasn't for our 4 goals from Alexander Isak, we would've lost 4-1. Instead, we won 5-4. SH Shenhua was a lot less of a narrow game where we won 2-0 thanks to a goal from Isak and Almiron. We have a real challenge in our third friendly match because we face a good bundesliga side in Bayer 04. We managed to just about win against them 2-1, thanks to a goal from Isak and Dummett. Then, we're against Berwick. I'm expecting a heavy win. We got one! 5-0! Our last friendly match is against AZ. It was an eventful match where we won 7-4, and Isak got a hat-trick. 

August 2022 Preview

image.png.a7321e4f3e6c5e08911b6d0884122b41.png

We've got 3 matches we could get something out of in Bournemouth, Aston Villa and I hate to say it, Wolves, but against Man UFC and Tottenham, we'll be struggling. I estimate 9 points from these matches, hopefully. Best case scenario I can see is us getting 11 points with 2 draws 3 wins. But that's unlikely.