FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

3 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Gordon's CA doesn't look that much different then last years FM or am i wrong? Bajcetic looks indeed very promising. Doak already worth £23 mil, that's insane.

yeah his CA or PA have not changed much but there is plenty to work with on Gordon. Doak is the one, is his important stats are good in your save then push hard to develope him, has a few that start random. Bajcetic is another potential if it hits the high end of his PA he can be very good as his DM stats are strong. Clark is another one who has a lot of random stats but if they come out even mid range his has a good enough PA to make it worth while 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

@Staf9, don't let negative comments affect you. At the end of the day, you didn't have to start this thread again this year and, as you have said, you have work and family life which is more important than a thread on a forum. You have been on the forum for years and have contributed no end, that says a lot in itself. It is negative comments like these that stop people from posting or skinners and editors from creating. 

they'll never bother me mate

31 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

yeah his CA or PA have not changed much but there is plenty to work with on Gordon. Doak is the one, is his important stats are good in your save then push hard to develope him, has a few that start random. Bajcetic is another potential if it hits the high end of his PA he can be very good as his DM stats are strong. Clark is another one who has a lot of random stats but if they come out even mid range his has a good enough PA to make it worth while 

Doak and Bajcetic both seem to have random stats?

18 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

So sold Thiago (as he is quiet injury prone and on big wages) for £47 mil to PSG and got a stud like Barella in place for only £39 mil, gotta love the Beta.

i tried to sell him on a test save and he got annoyed at me offering him out so had to promise not to sell him. using the Beta as a tester for sales and to see who will move early (if i decide to leave the window open from the start) so far the only eaasy sale is Naby to city for 40mil injuries ruin a few other potential moves. 

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i tried to sell him on a test save and he got annoyed at me offering him out so had to promise not to sell him. using the Beta as a tester for sales and to see who will move early (if i decide to leave the window open from the start) so far the only eaasy sale is Naby to city for 40mil injuries ruin a few other potential moves. 

Well i am just testing myself, i don't had that problem with Thiago tho. Another pleasant thing  i saw is that Firmino is willing to sign another contract for like 50k wages less each week.

43 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Well i am just testing myself, i don't had that problem with Thiago tho. Another pleasant thing  i saw is that Firmino is willing to sign another contract for like 50k wages less each week.

yeah i think if i start with the window closed i will try to get Bobby, Naby and Ox on new deals just to get fee's in for them. bobby is worth keeping for a season or 2 anyway

See, I like Thiago, he is a decent player. But, as @ThanatosAFChas said, he is injury prone and on big money. I would rather let him leave and get someone who can play the matches I'm paying them for.

However,

I did have a player, albeit at a different team, who is known for his injury problems and I was able to get him through an entire season in a high tempo tactic and he only missed one match (through being rested due to frequency of fixtures) and was never injured once. So, I am tempted to run 2 different saves and attempt to do the same with Thiago on one of them.

Also, has anyone else looked at getting Kamil Grabara back? Looks pretty decent, young with a decent personality (I've seen 'Perfectionist' and 'Model Citizen' and would be an upgrade on Adrian. At most, he would cost 6m with a slight increase in wage compared to Adrian and is also trained at club. His agent, when asked, said that he (Grabara) would "hope to be first choice once Alisson leaves the club) which would imply he would be happy as a sub keeper for a while.

Edited by EnigMattic1

I like Harvey Elliot for the AMC position in a 4-2-3-1. We never really replaced Coutinho, who often filled that role. When you look at two of his PPMs - "comes deep to get ball" and "tries killer balls often" - those are intriguing traits for the AMC position. That's not to say he can't do a decent job as an inverted winger in the AMR position, but I feel he's too slow for a wide player in my direct counter-attack setup. I've had surprisingly decent performances from Curtis Jones in the AMC position, but I feel Elliot can take it one step further. 

I guess the new player I am most curious about in this version is Calvin Ramsay. When looking at his stats, I see one of the most technically gifted rightbacks for his age. I assume his potential ability is random, so it might be a bit hit and miss how he develops (and I must state, PLEASE DO NOT REVEAL/HINT ABOUT HIDDEN ATTRIBUTES LIKE POTENTIAL ABILITY in this thread, as there are some who prefer to play the game without knowing this info). His tackling is shockingly low, so he might need individual training for attribute. Whether Ramsay makes the grade depends on how much emphasis you as his manager put on defensive solidity. Much like his mentor, this seems to be a rightback who likes attacking more than he likes defending.

Speaking of TAA, I'm tinkering with the idea of retraining him as a MR. Putting him in the MC is out of the question, due to his crossing ability. But as a MR I think he could really be devastating in a 4-4-2 with Salah and Nunez on top. If anyone have tried this then please let me know the amount of assist you got from him. 

One thing I find effective about Diogo Jota (who is lurking on this forum somewhere), is to make use of his unique heading ability as a winger. So for corners I put him on the far post, and for his position I always put im on the side of the wing where he's up against the fullback with the lowest jumping/heading stat. Then it's just a matter of having our own fullback cross to far post to find Jota, and chaos ensues.

I see alot of people mentioning that they are selling Thiago due to his injury proneness. Personally I've never had a problem with Thiago being frequently injured in any version of FM. I just stick him on "light training", and in my training setup I set all players to "no training" if their conditioning drops below 70%. That way he's always getting rested after the games and I don't have to micromanage him. Thiago is the sort of Hollywood passer of the ball that every team needs. I can't tell you the amount of times he's unlocked the opposition defence with a brilliant throughball and helped secure the points for my Liverpool team. Try him as an advanced playmaker in the MC position in a 4-3-3 DM Wide, on a standard direct counter attacking team setup, and you might be surprised at how well he performs. It might make economic sense to cash in on him in the first season, but isn't winning with the Liverpool players that are currently in the squad what it's all about? To me it feels much more rewarding to win the Champions League in the first season with Thiago pulling the strings, as opposed to replacing him with someone like Nico Barella (something Klopp would never dream of doing).

As painful as it is, this might be the last season where I keep Milner as a player at the club. It depends on whether I can get him to come down on his salary demands. So my strategy is to use him sporadically, and then at the end of the season call him to my computer screen and tell him that if he wants a new contract he must first accept reduced playing time (to make room for the youngsters). With a reduced role, he should accept a considerably lower wage. Then I might offer him the same player/coach role that Spearing is on. Starting this legend on his coaching badges is always the first thing I do when assessing my squad.

I guess my longterm goal when managing Liverpool this season is to find the next Liverpool wonderkid and put him in my side. To that end, I am maximising the youth recruitment and checking what scouted newgens have "Liverpool" as home city. It's really a sad state of affairs when the best Liverpool born players at the moment (outside of the Liverpool squad) are Conor Coady and Ross Barkley. The next Steven Gerrard and Robbie Fowler will be produced on FM, given the size of the region.

I've ran the game on for 1 season before taking over from Klopp and they gave me a budget of £147m (zero signings were made before I took over).

I've just had PSG offer me £74m for Alisson when they already have Donnarumma, Kaylor Navas & Sergio Rico...with no obvious intent to sell any of those guys on. Random. <- this bid was rejected of course.

Madrid are now offering me £93m for Fabinho, which I'm very tempted to take and then bring in the younger (and English) Rice as his direct replacement as DMC for similar money.

I've also bought Bellingham in for £94m as he wasn't happy with Dortmund not making the CL.

I plan to gradually form a new midfield trio of Rice, Bellingham & Trent whilst slowly phasing out Keita, Thiago & Henderson over the course of this season.

I only have Jota, Salah & Nunez as options up front in a 4-1-2-2-1 (effectively a 4-3-3 with a DM and 2 IFs) so I'll need to spend the remaining £32m on a 3rd choice striker. I'm giving both Bradley and Ramsey a chance at right-back, knowing that I can bring in Milner if they can't perform on the league.

Edited by rich10

25 minutes ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

As painful as it is, this might be the last season where I keep Milner as a player at the club. It depends on whether I can get him to come down on his salary demands. So my strategy is to use him sporadically, and then at the end of the season call him to my computer screen and tell him that if he wants a new contract he must first accept reduced playing time (to make room for the youngsters). With a reduced role, he should accept a considerably lower wage. Then I might offer him the same player/coach role that Spearing is on. Starting this legend on his coaching badges is always the first thing I do when assessing my squad.

Try letting your DoF renegotiate his new contract, he accepted £68k a week on my save, which means he's welcomed into training everyday with a hug. His versatility, fitness, experience and the example he sets the kids are worth that I think. I'll be sending him to do his badges at some point. Future Assistant Manager.

14 minutes ago, rich10 said:

I've ran the game on for 1 season before taking over from Klopp and they gave me a budget of £147m (zero signings were made before I took over).

I've just had PSG offer me £74m for Alisson when they already have Donnarumma, Kaylor Navas & Sergio Rico...with no obvious intent to sell any of those guys on. Random. <- this bid was rejected of course.

Madrid are now offering me £93m for Fabinho, which I'm very tempted to take and then bring in the younger (and English) Rice as his direct replacement as DMC for similar money.

I've also bought Bellingham in for £94m as he wasn't happy with Dortmund not making the CL.

I plan to gradually form a new midfield trio of Rice, Bellingham & Trent whilst slowly phasing out Keita, Thiago & Henderson over the course of this season.

I only have Jota, Salah & Nunez as options up front in a 4-1-2-2-1 (effectively a 4-3-3 with a DM and 2 IFs) so I'll need to spend the remaining £32m on a 3rd choice striker. I'm giving both Bradley and Ramsey a chance at right-back, knowing that I can bring in Milner if they can't perform on the league.

have a look at Joao Pedro from Watford. if they didnt come up he could be available for a low price. good 3rd choice option and can play AML/R role as well. another one to look at it Mohamed Ali-cho (excuse the spelling) with Sociedad. he might also count as HG player  

I had both of those players come back to me in scouting reports, and Cho interested me the most, mainly because he's a new name. I may go back in for him actually, there was nothing really that put me off.

As for Joao Pedro, Watford didn't come back up, and so he might have a clause or just be unhappy - perhaps I should take another look and compare them both side by side. 

Cheers for the recommendations!

1 minute ago, ThanatosAFC said:

@EnigMattic1excellent idea to run two different saves. Might keep everyone after the beta and just add a few cheap wonderkids.

@Staf9 I like Caicedo a lot but he is so pricey for the moment, he be my prior signing next season tho. 

I almost confirmed Caicedo for around £40m in the 2nd summer window, but cancelled it in favour of Bellingham. I ended up accepting the £93m Madrid offer for Fabinho and so maybe instead of Rice I go back in for him (if the price is still that low).

FWIW on my save his analytical stats we're 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd for things like tackling, interceptions etc... incredible really in a relegated Brighton team.

2 minutes ago, rich10 said:

I almost confirmed Caicedo for around £40m in the 2nd summer window, but cancelled it in favour of Bellingham. I ended up accepting the £93m Madrid offer for Fabinho and so maybe instead of Rice I go back in for him (if the price is still that low).

FWIW on my save his analytical stats we're 1st, 1st, 1st, 2nd for things like tackling, interceptions etc... incredible really in a relegated Brighton team.

Only 40? That's a very reasonable price. First season they ask 75 million which I refuse to pay of course. Went with Barella instead. 

BTW I refuse to sign Bellingham as everyone buys him :D

3 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Only 40? That's a very reasonable price. First season they ask 75 million which I refuse to pay of course. Went with Barella instead. 

BTW I refuse to sign Bellingham as everyone buys him :D

in fairness Bellingham is quality IRL and in the game. due to the links IRL its very difficult not to go for him. 

Archie Gray from Leeds would be an interesting project as well, as is Alfie Devine. create an all english midfield that coule last you a decade on the game

6 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

in fairness Bellingham is quality IRL and in the game. due to the links IRL its very difficult not to go for him. 

Archie Gray from Leeds would be an interesting project as well, as is Alfie Devine. create an all english midfield that coule last you a decade on the game

Of course he is heavily linked with Liverpool, just like to go for other names as there are a ton of class midfielders in this years FM.

Had Devine last year as a BBM and he was mint, defo will try to get him again. Andrey Santos another one  on the list, he can be a perfect allround midfielder.

1 minute ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Of course he is heavily linked with Liverpool, just like to go for other names as there are a ton of class midfielders in this years FM.

Had Devine last year as a BBM and he was mint, defo will try to get him again. Andrey Santos another one  on the list, he can be a perfect allround midfielder.

there are a few interesting options this year. i really like the look of Joao Veloso from benfica as a project player.  i'll be going all out for him and Rafael Luis in season 2 to develop. 

31 minutes ago, rich10 said:

I had both of those players come back to me in scouting reports, and Cho interested me the most, mainly because he's a new name. I may go back in for him actually, there was nothing really that put me off.

As for Joao Pedro, Watford didn't come back up, and so he might have a clause or just be unhappy - perhaps I should take another look and compare them both side by side. 

Cheers for the recommendations!

check Mathys Tel from bayern as well. 

Heya fellas!

@Staf9 - Thanks for the new FM23 thread!

So, been lurking while I made my moves in the Beta... and thought I'd post to share what I've been getting on to with Liverpool...

Took the talk about moving Naby in the start to heart and sold him to City for 45m, probably could've got more with installments for #of games, etc. but didn't want to be bothered.

I immediately went out and got Camavinga, because why not?, I mean they got Tchouameni right? I know it would never happen irl, but FM is where fantasies are made real.... he was a decent buy for only 78m(83 with incentives and several installment payments). DOF took care of wages, which wasn't too bad considering current wage structure.

It wouldn't be complete without Bellingham and I'm not a patient bugger, so off we went and got him for 108m (150m with incentives and several installment payments at max amount). DOF again took care of wages, which again weren't terrible and within wage structure.

Also got one for the future... Andreas Schjelderup from FC Njordsjaellen, tricky little winger for the future... 9.25m and loaned him back to play the season instead of U21

Keeping the team as whole as possible has been tough with the injuries that start and random injuries that happens when playing matches, but touch wood we've coming back strong.

Mostly keeping Millie as rotation option for Trent at RB which is where I feel the weakness is now in the club. Ramsay and others are for the future, but not the now. In the summer I'll plan on getting Neco back from Forest as they will go back down and I rate him.

I did notice we are barely making the numbers for HGC and HGN, so that will be a challenge to see who makes the numbers from the U21 squad and elsewhere in the league.

IRL I don't rate Gomez but FM seems to like him, so I'll keep him but I'm looking at Guhei at CP as another option as BPD.

Got Ox and Bobby on new contracts... Bobby to keep at least another year (he got a bog standard 2 year contract less than what he's on now thanks DOF), and Ox to sell in summer for something more than free :-)

Playing Harvey on wing when Salah needs a break and switch between Fabio and Jota on the other wing for Diaz.

Just getting Jones back now so I'll shuffle him into my mid as either CMa or APM depending on the formation I'm using (433 or 4321)

So far things are going well, and I hope better for all of you, so I'll end my ramblings here...

YNWA

Edited by Stumpy0126
corrections

I am planning on training Nunez to play AML just so hes a little more versatile if i want to play another forward upfont and rest the left inside forwards etc.

Also hoping to train Bobby as a CM, but it seems to be going slow, stil awkward after a month. Hes got great stats for a CM.

With a bit more testing, i sold Keita to City on day 1 for £40m + £11mil after 10 goals.  Quite happy with that.

Edited by Siven

9 hours ago, Siven said:

I am planning on training Nunez to play AML just so hes a little more versatile if i want to play another forward upfont and rest the left inside forwards etc.

Also hoping to train Bobby as a CM, but it seems to be going slow, stil awkward after a month. Hes got great stats for a CM.

With a bit more testing, i sold Keita to City on day 1 for £40m + £11mil after 10 goals.  Quite happy with that.

I agree. Technically, Bobby could be a great CM. he just doesn't have the pace or finishing for a goalscoring striker. I don't know if it is random, but in my save, his tackling is higher than his finishing.

58 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I agree. Technically, Bobby could be a great CM. he just doesn't have the pace or finishing for a goalscoring striker. I don't know if it is random, but in my save, his tackling is higher than his finishing.

found him decent as a pressing forward support in this version. 

I haven’t tried this out myself but I think now Liverpool have Nunez it should be easier to use Harvey Elliott. Previously, like others, I haven’t always fancied him as a midfielder due to lack of physicals and similarly haven’t fancied him as an inside forward due to lack of pace. 
But now Liverpool have Nunez as a centre forward, the wide forwards don’t need to have that searing pace like they do when playing with Bobby coming deep. The wide forwards can be more wide playmaker types, looking for Nunez with through balls, crosses etc, and joining up with him. 
Obviously for now Mo is still in place but in future Harvey can potentially make that position his own. 

Going in the opposite direction to the way we would usually discuss players. Has anyone actually looked at the u18 and u21 squads and found anyone who WONT ever make the first team (or even start for the u21 side)?

I mean, with a total squad size of 94, consisting of 27 (First Team), 41 (u21) and 26 (u18), there needs to be a lot more outgoings on top of trying to ship out Thiago, Keita and others. All it will take is one youth intake and you will have over 100 players.

Obviously, 15 of the u21s are out on loan, but you can't tell me all 41 are capable of playing for the first team. One thing I have noticed is the abundance of goalkeepers at our disposal this year which could be a good place to start.

Elliott as a Mez on the right side of a midfield 3 has played himself into the first choice. I kept Thiago and he was great first season and only got 1x 3 week injury all season. Been using TAA in midfield after bringing in Pavard at RB. He's done well there so midfield feels sorted.

13 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Going in the opposite direction to the way we would usually discuss players. Has anyone actually looked at the u18 and u21 squads and found anyone who WONT ever make the first team (or even start for the u21 side)?

I mean, with a total squad size of 94, consisting of 27 (First Team), 41 (u21) and 26 (u18), there needs to be a lot more outgoings on top of trying to ship out Thiago, Keita and others. All it will take is one youth intake and you will have over 100 players.

Obviously, 15 of the u21s are out on loan, but you can't tell me all 41 are capable of playing for the first team. One thing I have noticed is the abundance of goalkeepers at our disposal this year which could be a good place to start.

there is a lot who will never been near first team squad standard but you need to keep a healthy number of players to keep both 23's and 18's team playing. i generally will set my team up to copy my tactic for both of those squads so that players develop in line with the roles i use. 

looking at the squads you are probably looking at Grabara, VDB, Clarkson, Morton, Bajcetic, Gordon, Clark, Doak as the ones who can develop to be first team players in some form. possibly Mabaya as well if you re train him as a FB. 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

there is a lot who will never been near first team squad standard but you need to keep a healthy number of players to keep both 23's and 18's team playing. i generally will set my team up to copy my tactic for both of those squads so that players develop in line with the roles i use. 

looking at the squads you are probably looking at Grabara, VDB, Clarkson, Morton, Bajcetic, Gordon, Clark, Doak as the ones who can develop to be first team players in some form. possibly Mabaya as well if you re train him as a FB. 

Grabara is at Kobenhaven, but I think he would be worth getting back. I'm surprised Pitaluga isn't rated higher to be honest. In my save, he is only 1* (2* if counting silver) whereas I have 2 keepers in the u18s (Poytress and Hewitson) who could be 2.5*. Jaros looks the best of the bunch at 3* with Liam Hughes and Fabian Mrozek at 2.5*

54 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Grabara is at Kobenhaven, but I think he would be worth getting back. I'm surprised Pitaluga isn't rated higher to be honest. In my save, he is only 1* (2* if counting silver) whereas I have 2 keepers in the u18s (Poytress and Hewitson) who could be 2.5*. Jaros looks the best of the bunch at 3* with Liam Hughes and Fabian Mrozek at 2.5*

yeah i would be thinking of Grabara more for season 2 as 3rd choice keeper. will give you a HG player as well. 

i dont look too deeply into the star ratings as these are more in line with the other players in your squad. you could have a 3 star midfielder with a PA above 170, just depends on who he is being compared too in your squad

2 hours ago, Staf9 said:

yeah i would be thinking of Grabara more for season 2 as 3rd choice keeper. will give you a HG player as well. 

i dont look too deeply into the star ratings as these are more in line with the other players in your squad. you could have a 3 star midfielder with a PA above 170, just depends on who he is being compared too in your squad

Yeah, I know what you mean. Still, if you include players out on loan, 11 keepers across the 2 youth teams is a bit much.

Anyway, had a bid accepted for Grabara, 3m up front and 3m over 3 years. He wanted 5k a week more than Adrian (so 65k) and to be a regular starter once Alisson leaves. Kobenhaven also wanted him back on loan for the season which is fine with me. Also had a bid accepted for the winger at Nordsjaelland for a similar price. Also going back on loan for the season.

Still in July here, post & pre-seasons can be slow affairs when there's a rebuild to be done.

So far I've sold:

Fabinho - £93m to Real Madrid

Konate - £32m (Monaco came in with a non-negotiable bid and he threw his toys about if I wasn't going to accept, so I did...and then smashed them 4-0 in Hendo's testimonial)

Tsimikas - £35m to PSG

And I've bought:

Caicedo - £42m from a relegated Brighton, Rice proved too pRicey (sorry) in the end as West Ham wanted £150m+ add-ons.

Yaser Asprilla - £13m (can play AML/R/C and is 19, tonnes of potential...and there's the Faustino connection from those heady Newcastle days "Collymore CLOSING INNNNN!")

Moukoko - £48m

I still have £30m left to recruit a good young centre back (what on EARTH has happened to Andrea Papetti!?!), so any suggestions are very welcome.

4 hours ago, rich10 said:

Still in July here, post & pre-seasons can be slow affairs when there's a rebuild to be done.

So far I've sold:

Fabinho - £93m to Real Madrid

Konate - £32m (Monaco came in with a non-negotiable bid and he threw his toys about if I wasn't going to accept, so I did...and then smashed them 4-0 in Hendo's testimonial)

Tsimikas - £35m to PSG

And I've bought:

Caicedo - £42m from a relegated Brighton, Rice proved too pRicey (sorry) in the end as West Ham wanted £150m+ add-ons.

Yaser Asprilla - £13m (can play AML/R/C and is 19, tonnes of potential...and there's the Faustino connection from those heady Newcastle days "Collymore CLOSING INNNNN!")

Moukoko - £48m

I still have £30m left to recruit a good young centre back (what on EARTH has happened to Andrea Papetti!?!), so any suggestions are very welcome.

check out benfica, they have 2 good young CB's 

this years papetti is Scalvini with Atalanta. he an play as a DM as well

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

check out benfica, they have 2 good young CB's 

this years papetti is Scalvini with Atalanta. he an play as a DM as well

I've literally just heard that name mentioned on the recent Football Manager podcast, thanks for the suggestions.

I'd prefer a English CB, but I'll check them out.

Does anyone have experience with Ronnie Edwards, 20 year old at Peterborough?

1 hour ago, rich10 said:

I've literally just heard that name mentioned on the recent Football Manager podcast, thanks for the suggestions.

I'd prefer a English CB, but I'll check them out.

Does anyone have experience with Ronnie Edwards, 20 year old at Peterborough?

Marc Guehi is more then decent. Ronnie Edwards seems to have potential this year too.

Been lurking on this thread and finally decided to post with my ideas. I used to love playing Liverpool up until around when they had Mane/Salah then thought it was too easy. Though it's still an amazing squad and i'm sure will be quite easy but after seeing how we are doing in real life, I thought it would be fun to play as Liverpool again this year.

I've been playing a bit of the beta as a test and will wait for the full release to start a proper save. Here's my plans:

Sell:
Thiago - Injury prone and I want to try use Firmino/Elliot as playmakers instead. Could be fun retraining Bobby as a CM.
Keita - For the cash and don't rate him IRL
Matip - Getting old and have a plan who to replace him with.
Adrian - Will get a better backup

Buy:
Pau Torres - Will be my left footed CB, a replacement for Matip and by using the money from Matip, he'll only cost me 10m extra around. Him and Van Dijk will by the main CBs.
Bowen - Left footed and will use as a backup to Salah. However still unsure as his speed isn't amazing.
Joe Hart - Why not. Not too expensive, English and makes a good backup.
Sturridge - Purely for fun as a emergency backup on cheap wages. Thinking to try get Suarez in winter to reunite SAS. 

Tactics:
I will try out the 4-2-3-1 vertical tika taka as my main tactic. Also I want to try one of the counter attacking tactics as I heard they actually work on this version. Anyone been playing with a counter tactic, if so, how has it worked for you?

Cheers!

Nazdroid3000 are you on drugs? Counter-attack do indeed work and Thiago is key to that tactic with his long through balls. You do realize VVD prefers to be on the left in a two-man pairing at the back? Joe Hart might bring some joy, but better to have fun and games with David James (if that gamer is still playing). Good call on Suarez, he might be the perfect mentor for Darwin and give you more bite in the attack. Spearing is kicking about in the reserves too, if you need one last hurrah from him (better than Milner and much more modest wage). Where is Lucas Leiva?

I have just finished my 2nd season. We won the league by 8 points and won the FA Cup convincingly, beating City 3-0. We were knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid (😡)

In our first season, I disabled first-window transfers and holidayed until January 1st. When I took over Klopp, Liverpool were second and that’s where we stayed. We also didn’t progress very far into the Champions League - Napoli actually humbled us in the Quarter Final - they beat us 5-0 on aggregate! I’ve since worked out the reason for this is because we were coming towards the end of the season, and games were happening every 2-3 days. Instead of rotating, I was selecting all and resting the squad. Bad mistake on FM23 it seems! Fatigue is real.

When I took over in January, we bought 3 players. 

Khephren Thuram, for £25m who would play in the Mezzala role.

Enzo Fernandez, for £55m who would play in the AP role.

Andreas Schjelderup for £8m who would rotate with Diaz in the IW role on the left.

Now, hear me out…

The players I sold are the players who I currently do not rate in real life. There are no second chances in the virtual world for me. 

I play the game as though I am the real-life manager and so outgoings were:

Jordan Henderson for £21m to Real Madrid

Fabinho for £37m to Real Madrid

Joe Gomez to Tottenham for £37m

At the end of the first season, we quickly snapped up Tino Livramento for £29.5m who would offer competition to TAA and also Matheus Nunes for £50 - both S’ton and Wolves were relegated so it was easy to get these deals over the line.

And then, right at the end of the summer transfer window we bought Jude Bellingham for £96m and sold James Milner for £2.5m, Oxlade-Chamberlain for £6m, Kelleher for £15m, Van der Berg for £15.5m and Curtis Jones for £12.5m

Ruthless, yes - and some of the fees are pretty low but I needed to get rid to raise money and also to make wages available so I can adjust the finances.

So essentially I went from having a midfield of:

Thiago, Keita, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Ox, Jones to:

Thiago, Keita, Bellingham, Nunes, Fernandez, Thuram

I’d say that’s a win…

The rest of the XI basically picks itself.

740083925_Screenshot2022-11-04at8_32_52am.thumb.png.5885ac427dca28358122a81049699c57.png

The key for this summer is to replace Darwin. He finished the season with 24 in 40, which is respectable - however, he is largely inconsistent. I feel like ingame, he misses so many chances.

I am torn between replacing him with Osimhen, Vlahovic or Abraham. 

I could also do with one more midfielder, possibly replacing Ketia as he’s starting to moan about game time.

And then finally, the season after that the priority will be to replace VVD as he wants a new challenge.

2 hours ago, ashlfcowen said:

I have just finished my 2nd season. We won the league by 8 points and won the FA Cup convincingly, beating City 3-0. We were knocked out of the Champions League by Real Madrid (😡)

In our first season, I disabled first-window transfers and holidayed until January 1st. When I took over Klopp, Liverpool were second and that’s where we stayed. We also didn’t progress very far into the Champions League - Napoli actually humbled us in the Quarter Final - they beat us 5-0 on aggregate! I’ve since worked out the reason for this is because we were coming towards the end of the season, and games were happening every 2-3 days. Instead of rotating, I was selecting all and resting the squad. Bad mistake on FM23 it seems! Fatigue is real.

When I took over in January, we bought 3 players. 

Khephren Thuram, for £25m who would play in the Mezzala role.

Enzo Fernandez, for £55m who would play in the AP role.

Andreas Schjelderup for £8m who would rotate with Diaz in the IW role on the left.

Now, hear me out…

The players I sold are the players who I currently do not rate in real life. There are no second chances in the virtual world for me. 

I play the game as though I am the real-life manager and so outgoings were:

Jordan Henderson for £21m to Real Madrid

Fabinho for £37m to Real Madrid

Joe Gomez to Tottenham for £37m

At the end of the first season, we quickly snapped up Tino Livramento for £29.5m who would offer competition to TAA and also Matheus Nunes for £50 - both S’ton and Wolves were relegated so it was easy to get these deals over the line.

And then, right at the end of the summer transfer window we bought Jude Bellingham for £96m and sold James Milner for £2.5m, Oxlade-Chamberlain for £6m, Kelleher for £15m, Van der Berg for £15.5m and Curtis Jones for £12.5m

Ruthless, yes - and some of the fees are pretty low but I needed to get rid to raise money and also to make wages available so I can adjust the finances.

So essentially I went from having a midfield of:

Thiago, Keita, Fabinho, Milner, Henderson, Ox, Jones to:

Thiago, Keita, Bellingham, Nunes, Fernandez, Thuram

I’d say that’s a win…

The rest of the XI basically picks itself.

740083925_Screenshot2022-11-04at8_32_52am.thumb.png.5885ac427dca28358122a81049699c57.png

The key for this summer is to replace Darwin. He finished the season with 24 in 40, which is respectable - however, he is largely inconsistent. I feel like ingame, he misses so many chances.

I am torn between replacing him with Osimhen, Vlahovic or Abraham. 

I could also do with one more midfielder, possibly replacing Ketia as he’s starting to moan about game time.

And then finally, the season after that the priority will be to replace VVD as he wants a new challenge.

i think if you can get through season 2 with Darwin then Sesko might be gettable from RBL. 

how has Schjelderup done for you?

2 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i think if you can get through season 2 with Darwin then Sesko might be gettable from RBL. 

how has Schjelderup done for you?

I’ve done season 2 mate 

He had a decent return but wow was he frustrating in front of goal 😂

Sesko is a decent shout but I had him on 2 long term saves last year so wanted someone different this time around 

Andreas has been decent. A little too lightweight for my liking but he’s still really young. 

My long term save will be with Wrexham so just testing the waters this save hence why I’ve not really focused on any development 

Edited by ashlfcowen

1 minute ago, ashlfcowen said:

I’ve done season 2 mate 

i think in game his stats are very close to real life but i'd probably have his off the ball higher. you look at him in games and he just causes Chaos, hard to replicate that in game 😂

11 minutes ago, ashlfcowen said:

I’ve done season 2 mate 

Sesko is a decent shout but I had him on 2 long term saves last year so wanted someone different this time around 

Andreas has been decent. A little too lightweight for my liking but he’s still really young. 

My long term save will be with Wrexham so just testing the waters this save hence why I’ve not really focused on any development 

same with Sesko. glad he's un-getable for 2 seasons. and even then its one where you will probably have to pay big to get him so its not an easy get 

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

i think in game his stats are very close to real life but i'd probably have his off the ball higher. you look at him in games and he just causes Chaos, hard to replicate that in game 😂

Agree, similar to Konate though I think he's raw and has loads of room to improve - unfortunately that bit isn't replicated on the game as they both seem to be pretty close to their PA.

Just about to start the 3rd season with this squad:

image.thumb.png.d16a2e23ee3448fcb57c1118b1a4b125.png7

A few contract renewals who all want the Champions League winners medal so that's the aim for this season.

34 minutes ago, ashlfcowen said:

Agree, similar to Konate though I think he's raw and has loads of room to improve - unfortunately that bit isn't replicated on the game as they both seem to be pretty close to their PA.

Just about to start the 3rd season with this squad:

image.thumb.png.d16a2e23ee3448fcb57c1118b1a4b125.png7

A few contract renewals who all want the Champions League winners medal so that's the aim for this season.

strong squad, how much did you pay for Kane? never bought him as i dont like him in real life

I got to the start of the world cup, and thats as far as im going in the beta. Did learn a few things tho.

Virgil, Fabino and Trent all needed a rest due to fatigue a few games before the break. Really need to rotate more, unfortunately its not like real life where Virgil can play every game. I also just had assistant doing training, so that wasnt optimised.

I play 433 gegen lite (DM+2CM). Slightly less tempo and closing down than default.

GK's are fine. Adrian is fine as 3rd choice until 2nd season.

Going to have to rotate the CD more often. Which isnt helped by Matip and Gomex being injury prone. But should do ok until 2nd season.

I dont like using Milner (slow), Gomez (bad crossing, better as CB) as backup right backs, and Ramsey just isnt ready (poor defensive attributes). But i think i can make do until 2nd season to get another rightback in. Prolly go get Neco Williams back as a backup. Homegrown etc. Or Livramento. Or stick with Ramsey and Bradley (back from loan), both need plenty of defensive training though.

Left backs are solid. No need to change here. Maybe in 2nd season look for youngsters.

Definately need a CM who isnt injury prone. Fabinho needs to be rotated more, probably with Hendo. Which means the 2 CM spots need filling more often.

Thiago for a season before i sell him. Injury prone, high high wages, 2 years on contract.

Keita is a deffo sell for me first window. High wages, injury prone, 1 year on contract, wants more wages than i want to give to renew. if his contract wasnt up, i'd keep him.

Ox i am giving a contract to as i dont want to lose for nothing. Decent backup CM for first season.

Jones and Elliot are ok, still developing, but not starting CM in my eyes

Hendo will bounce between DM and CM.

Milner backup everywhere.

Will definately get Bellingham, and maybe another. Either splash on Rice, or another cheaper CM like Khep Thuram or Musah, maybe even wait till Jan for 2nd CM.

Carvalho, as he is atm, isnt good enough. 3 star potential, backup at best. Hoping for release day data boost.

Left wing is fine with Diaz and Jota. Nunez can also retrain there and Jones as further backup. But will get Schjelderup as backup also as Jota will be playing a lot of games for me in all forward positions.

Salah has Jota as backup as well as Elliot. Though i am looking at Asprilla as possible early signing too.

Nunez, Jota and Firmino are fine as my strikers for a few seasons, then plan on getting Endrick.

Note that i love Jota. Is great in every front position and never lets me down.

Youth wise, there really only Doak that i rate to be potential first team starter. Ramsey, Bradley, Gordon, Koumetio, Morton are potential backups. The other 3 star potential players i dont really rate, and are there to make money after loaning out and selling.

Now im just waiting for the release day data update and see if anyone has changed before i start my real save game.

Edited by Siven