FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

start of November in my Own save. Same as Siven i only really plan on playing to see who wins the world Cup. i might even add a manager to take over a mid range Nation and see if we can get far in the world cup. 

so far we are top of the league by 5 points from City. finished second in my CL group to Inter. i have brought in 3 players all for the midfield in Caceido, Bellingham & Szoboszlai. with only Naby being sold its left me a bit overloaded in CM. i will have transfers off when i start on full release but i think these 3 will be top of my January wishlist as i should be able to offload Naby, Ox and Milner at that stage and possibly 1 other. 

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Started playing the BETA just so as to set up a couple of tactics, and do some scouting. In terms of midfielders definitely liking the look of Bellingham obviously. Caicedo also looking good as well as Nunes at Wolves though not sure how attainable he would be after one season.  Susic at Salzburg looks like for the future too. I guess I fancy all those LFC have been linked to IRL. 

Phyically, Henderson and Fabinho still look pretty decent in the game, not exactly a reflection of their real life condition, where the currently look pretty knackered most of the time!

Edited by guruhd

12 hours ago, guruhd said:

Started playing the BETA just so as to set up a couple of tactics, and do some scouting. In terms of midfielders definitely liking the look of Bellingham obviously. Caicedo also looking good as well as Nunes at Wolves though not sure how attainable he would be after one season.  Susic at Salzburg looks like for the future too. I guess I fancy all those LFC have been linked to IRL. 

Phyically, Henderson and Fabinho still look pretty decent in the game, not exactly a reflection of their real life condition, where the currently look pretty knackered most of the time!

think the game generally takes a version to catch up to a players decline on the CA stats. might see a very different Henderson on FM 24 with his physicals. will be interesting to see if any changes have been made to the players between Beta release and Datalock 

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

think the game generally takes a version to catch up to a players decline on the CA stats. might see a very different Henderson on FM 24 with his physicals. will be interesting to see if any changes have been made to the players between Beta release and Datalock 

Im hoping Elliot has an increase in his natural fitness, which currently is 9 i think. Seems rather low.

3 hours ago, Staf9 said:

FM23.4 february data update is also possible

Given the news about a potential sale I’m wondering if there is a way that I can make it so FSG are looking to sell the club when I start my first save. 

I’m not very familiar with the Pre-game editor so hoping someone else may have some helpful experience with a change like this?

7 hours ago, Brandoman10 said:

Given the news about a potential sale I’m wondering if there is a way that I can make it so FSG are looking to sell the club when I start my first save. 

I’m not very familiar with the Pre-game editor so hoping someone else may have some helpful experience with a change like this?

i'll have a look at it this morning and see if there is a way to put it in

Damnit, Peter Krawietz trainign stats are wasted.

Has a secondary job as performance analyst which lowers his training rating to 3 stars. 

Trying to offer new contract but wants over 60k a week and we can only offer 44k a most :(

2 hours ago, Siven said:

Damnit, Peter Krawietz trainign stats are wasted.

Has a secondary job as performance analyst which lowers his training rating to 3 stars. 

Trying to offer new contract but wants over 60k a week and we can only offer 44k a most :(

I just discovered that too. Painful. 

Had to Google the 2 random coaches Hausler and Hantschke too. They are the guys behind our penalty shoot outs and that type of stuff. Part timers. Not sure what to do with them in the game right now. 

First season done and dusted..

Transfer window off at start. And signed just one player in January (Facundo Buonanotte £5m and was loaned back till end of the season) Although I did have a bid of £65m and 20% of profit accepted for Declan Rice the board wouldn't go ahead and sanction it as it was more than budget. Only 1 youth player outgoing (Matteo Rittacio) and loaned Nat Phillips to Leeds with obligation to buy set at £5m and loaned Calvin Ramsey to Sunderland for more experience.

Down to the actualities then. Massive Quintuplet of trophies (Although I can't claim community shield as Klopp was in charge for that game as didn't start game till week before season started)

Won the Premier league at a canter. 105 points. 34 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss (away to Crystal Palace in February ending a 50 game unbeaten run. They sucker punched us on the counter and no matter the adjustments made I couldn't score. Hit the woodwork 3 times and Guaita was M.O.M which says it all)

Carabao Cup beat Chelsea 2-1 in Extra time. F.A cup Beat Chelsea 4-3 in extra time.

Champions league group was a walkover 5 wins and final game drew with the 2nd string all playing. Beat Juve in last 16, Inter in Quarters, Real in semi and then Beat Barcelona 2-1 in the final. 

Nunez top scorer with 40 in all competitions. Decent return from him, but can be hit and miss. Salah got 33 goals and 19 assists. Trent was semi disappointing, Whilst he did register 25 assists in all comps he still ended with a 6.70 rating. Same with Robbo 15 assists 6.98 rating.

Struggled to get any decent ratings for Robbo, Hendo, Elliot, Ox, Carvalho, Keita, Trent, Milner and Matip. 

In Pre season I am looking out for a good attack minded RB with good tackling skills and going to experiment with Trent in CM. And backup for Salah to be able to rotate him some more.

Carvalho sending on loan, Elliot may go on loan, Ramsey out on loan too. 

Possible outgoings if any interest - Ox, Hendo (Although I may just keep for his personality, Same with Milner who is staying another year), Adrian, Keita, Matip and may even consider any bids made for Fabinho/Thiago. Also VVD has asked to leave, I've told him I won't actively look to sell him but if someone comes in with a respectable enough bid of close to £80m then I'd have to consider that.

U21/U18 is where I have started a massive clearout. Quite a lot of yth, but a lot with no potential.

Keeping Doak, Gordon, Van Den Berg, Rhys Williams, Morton, Clark, Bradley, Bajcetic and possibly Clarkson, Stewart, Cannonier, Mabaya, Pitaluga, Clark, Koumetio

Really unsure what to do with the likes of Beck, Balagizi, Quansah, Musialowski and a little disappointed that Harvey Davies has very little potential in game

Pre-season - season 23/24

Owen Beck out for 700k + 30% of Next sale to one of Leeds/Southampton. I'll take that for someone that has zero chance here.

Cannonier is attracting attention from Norwich - I don't think they'll bid the 750k tag + 40% of next sale but if they do then fine by me.

Bobby Clark is another attracting interest. Burnley, Villa, West Brom and Stoke - again, not sure they'll bite at £1.2m + 40% of next sale.

Mabaya is wanted and upon second look he can leave if acceptable bid arises. 500k is enough.

Not much interest in the likes of Ox, Hendo, Matip. Not listed anyone yet, was hoping I'd get interest at least. Only person attracting interest is Keita (Atletico Madrid) for between £57-63m, Awaiting a bid to accept. Whilst Adrian has retired.

3 incoming transfers agreed. 

Pedro Porro for £39m (Release clause) Attacking RB wanted, And boy do I have one. Did brilliant for me last year on another save. Fingers crossed for this one.

Zabarnyi from Kiev for £17m. Considering last year he would cost at least £45m to get I'm hoping he hasn't been nerfed.

Youssoufa Moukoko - £37m. Shocked at this one. During beta tests I've seen him valued at £100m+ and considering he has 4 years on his contract to go I think I got a bargain.

£86m outgoing leaves about £38m plus any sales. Looking at Yeremy Pino of Villarreal. £69m release clause. Young with bags of potential and resale value. This should close out my window.

Edited by kopfan1977

19 hours ago, Brandoman10 said:

I've done this in the past by changing the chairmans date of birth so they are about 100 years old. So due to their age, in-game they are instantly looking to sell the club. 

19 hours ago, Brandoman10 said:

I'll look at it, though in doing so I've got a bone to pick with James Milner/our researcher dependent on who is at fault. No7 shirt isn't retired?

image.png.b416a642cdca5d5e5d91bd9347b11a69.png

image.png.df48f15e5094f0cef5908673393cadf3.png

13 minutes ago, 7. Shevchenko said:

I've done this in the past by changing the chairmans date of birth so they are about 100 years old. So due to their age, in-game they are instantly looking to sell the club. 

That works, though a less obtrusive way of doing it is to change fan confidence to 1 for Henry and Werner. Though I noticed they are zero in the db, so maybe that's another broken element of the database.

2 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

First season done and dusted..

Transfer window off at start. And signed just one player in January (Facundo Buonanotte £5m and was loaned back till end of the season) Although I did have a bid of £65m and 20% of profit accepted for Declan Rice the board wouldn't go ahead and sanction it as it was more than budget. Only 1 youth player outgoing (Matteo Rittacio) and loaned Nat Phillips to Leeds with obligation to buy set at £5m and loaned Calvin Ramsey to Sunderland for more experience.

Down to the actualities then. Massive Quintuplet of trophies (Although I can't claim community shield as Klopp was in charge for that game as didn't start game till week before season started)

Won the Premier league at a canter. 105 points. 34 wins, 3 draws and 1 loss (away to Crystal Palace in February ending a 50 game unbeaten run. They sucker punched us on the counter and no matter the adjustments made I couldn't score. Hit the woodwork 3 times and Guaita was M.O.M which says it all)

Carabao Cup beat Chelsea 2-1 in Extra time. F.A cup Beat Chelsea 4-3 in extra time.

Champions league group was a walkover 5 wins and final game drew with the 2nd string all playing. Beat Juve in last 16, Inter in Quarters, Real in semi and then Beat Barcelona 2-1 in the final. 

Nunez top scorer with 40 in all competitions. Decent return from him, but can be hit and miss. Salah got 33 goals and 19 assists. Trent was semi disappointing, Whilst he did register 25 assists in all comps he still ended with a 6.70 rating. Same with Robbo 15 assists 6.98 rating.

Struggled to get any decent ratings for Robbo, Hendo, Elliot, Ox, Carvalho, Keita, Trent, Milner and Matip. 

In Pre season I am looking out for a good attack minded RB with good tackling skills and going to experiment with Trent in CM. And backup for Salah to be able to rotate him some more.

Carvalho sending on loan, Elliot may go on loan, Ramsey out on loan too. 

Possible outgoings if any interest - Ox, Hendo (Although I may just keep for his personality, Same with Milner who is staying another year), Adrian, Keita, Matip and may even consider any bids made for Fabinho/Thiago. Also VVD has asked to leave, I've told him I won't actively look to sell him but if someone comes in with a respectable enough bid of close to £80m then I'd have to consider that.

U21/U18 is where I have started a massive clearout. Quite a lot of yth, but a lot with no potential.

Keeping Doak, Gordon, Van Den Berg, Rhys Williams, Morton, Clark, Bradley, Bajcetic and possibly Clarkson, Stewart, Cannonier, Mabaya, Pitaluga, Clark, Koumetio

Really unsure what to do with the likes of Beck, Balagizi, Quansah, Musialowski and a little disappointed that Harvey Davies has very little potential in game

Surprised about Balagizi and (especially) Musialowski. Both are rated by the coaching staff irl and Musialowski is often tipped for a first team run in the future. Yes, I know players are often hyped up and fail (Adam Pepper, I'm looking at you), but Musialowski seemed a lot more capable if that makes sense?

1 minute ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Surprised about Balagizi and (especially) Musialowski. Both are rated by the coaching staff irl and Musialowski is often tipped for a first team run in the future. Yes, I know players are often hyped up and fail (Adam Pepper, I'm looking at you), but Musialowski seemed a lot more capable if that makes sense?

there's a few things going on behind the scene's with him. hasnt kicked on as expected. 

5 minutes ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Both have some potential in game. Balagizi looks the more rounded of the 2. Musialowski is severely lacking in physical, mentals and technicals. I've tried to get him out on loan and only just succeeded. He's gone home to Poland for a season. Balagizi gone back out on loan too to Rotherham in Championship, but I don't think either have the required potential to make it here. If anything, possible lower prem/top championship.

So far I've managed to Send Quansah, Stewart, Bradley, Musialowski, Balagizi, Mabaya, Cannonier out on loan.

Currently looking for loans for Pitaluga, Williams, Clarkson, Koumetio, Morton, Van den Berg, Bajcetic, Gordon and a young Belgian winger I snapped up on a freebie just because Chelsea wanted him - Diego Moreira (prob sell in a season or 2) and loan or transfer for Glatzel

I also took the

12 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

just injuries and a bit of homesickness due to being out is what i've read. 

Injuries, Homesickness and the fact that it's a bigger jump than expected from U18 to the U23 or as it is now U21.. He's got time, fingers crossed. As when that kid is in full flight he's a wonderful looking player.

started my save. transfer window turned off. have sacked any staff i can and hired a few scouts and a couple of coaches who were not at clubs. results wise in our friendlies we played 6, W4, D, L1. bit of tweaking on tactic at the start caused the couple of poor results. 

Community Shield v Man City we absolutely smashed them 5-0. Goals from Robbo, Nunex(2), Diaz and Salah to claim a big win. 

Anyone have contract issues with the primadonna that is Ibrahima Konate?

He's on 70k p.w. Wants a new contract, So I think fair enough. Go to negotiate with Agent, Who says 190-225k. So I tell the agent get lost that's too much, lower your demands. So he comes back with 180-220k. Try offering a contract and he won't go lower than 225k which I just ain't paying 

16 minutes ago, Siven said:

Seriously thinking of letting Firmino go for £45m in first window.

Maybe get Barbosa as replacement .

thinking of doing the same in the Jan window and moving Bobby on but will look at getting in a wide player and use jota upfront then

What new coaches have people got in?  I’m looking for someone with decent attacking attributes. Preferably not a ‘Park the bus’ type. Only one tempting me so far is Kevin Ball. 

Does anyone else insist on new staff being able to speak English. I’m not sure if it makes any difference in the game, ie it’s programmed into it, but to me it makes sense they should be able to communicate in our native language. 

I always spend hours at the start sorting out my staff.

With coaches i dont think it matters what there preffered style etc is unless they are assistant manager, HOYD etc. But i always get them to learn english.

Mutually terminated some coaches and analysts, then asked for more coaches and scouts (after terminating some scouts too).

New coaches:. Neil Critchley, Bergkamp, Paul Robinson

Fitness: Antonio Gomez

Physio: Juanjo Brau

Head of Performance Analyst: Balsom

Performance analyast: Ross Johnston, Harrison Kingston

Recruitment analyst: Callum Smithson

Sports Science: Darragh Connolly, Silvia Ortega

Scouts: several with good attributes.

U21 Assistant: Toni Ruiz

U21 Coach: Hyppia

U21 Fitnesss: Matt Allen

U18 Manager: Jenkins (formerly assistant)

U18 assistant: Tralhao

U18 GK: Tenius

U18 Fitness: Darlan Schneider

U18 Coach: Lantz

u18 Physio: Mel Stweart

Beta is over but still sold Keita(£36 mil to City) & Thiago(£59 mil to PSG) after the full release. 

So with that heavy transfer kitty i went for Camavinga instead of Jude, bought him for £69 million and is on £175k a week. Also tempted to sign Tielemans but unsure if  i splash £38 mil on him now or wait till he hits free agency.

Pre-season is done, won community shield on penalties after a 2-2 draw.

Sold Keita to Man city for £40m upfront and £5m after 10 goals.

Nat Phillips went on loan to Cardiff with £4.2m mandatory fee.

Bought Bellingham for £25m upfront, £15m after 50 games, £75m over 3 years and 25% profit from next sale. His price went up from beta.

Contract of 91k a week, regular starter. DoF sorted it better than i could.

Got Schelderup for £7.5m. Bargain for great young player.

And Rice for £33m upfront, 10% profit and £50m over 3 years. 23yr old, English, future captain, Hendo replacement. Bargain imo.

DoF sorted contract at 135k a week, important player, but i lowered his playing time to squad player after he signed and he was ok with it.

Went through squad making sure playing time makes sense for the players. Will help with resting them. Milner changed to fringe. VVD and Salah changed to important. Hendo and Ox to squad.

Gave Firmino and Ox new contracts. Will sell 2nd season hopefully for good price.

Terminated Arthur loan as soon as i could.

Im hoping i have enough back for the right back slot with Milner, Gomez and Ramsey. Bradley is looking good for 2nd season.

Edited by Siven

On 08/11/2022 at 22:16, kopfan1977 said:

Anyone have contract issues with the primadonna that is Ibrahima Konate?

He's on 70k p.w. Wants a new contract, So I think fair enough. Go to negotiate with Agent, Who says 190-225k. So I tell the agent get lost that's too much, lower your demands. So he comes back with 180-220k. Try offering a contract and he won't go lower than 225k which I just ain't paying 

This has been an issue for years. Players wanna double or even triple their wages after one season, it takes out the fun. I don't mind to pay good wages on star players but not for rolplayers.

Btw Konaté looks good this year.

Finally got my save going won the comm shield 3-2 against Man City also won my 1st game beating Fulham 3-0 away injuries are piling up lost Diaz  for 4 weeks Gomez for 3 months & Elliot for 3 weeks no players signed will go in the Jan market getting a midfielder 

Edited by glenn28

into october in season 1. 2nd in the PL to United after 11 games. as good as through in our CL group (PDG, Leverkusen & Cluj) have 10 points after 4 games with PSG played twice.

had the transfer window turned off but after looking around now to start scouting in preparation for getting a budget i can see a few players signed new deals with reasonable release clauses. Caicedo now has a 55m clause and Bellingham is now available for an 86m release. so i will have to be targeting both in January along with the young Norwegian winger for AML. 

Carvalho wont make it with me. i'll loan him out in Jan and for season 2 to try and get his value up. Ben Doak has a 4 star rating so i've been giving him some game time and will continue to push for him to develop. 

Got to start of the world cup.

Currently top of league, drew against Man utd and Arsenal. Won every other match.

Bad news for TAA, he wasnt picked for England squad.....but good news for me, gets a nice rest. Edit: never mind, he got called up to replace Dier.

Thiago wanted a new contract very early into the season, couldnt be talked out of it so is now getting an extra 25k a week. Hendo also asked, but was happy to wait.

This year im using the rest section in training more. After each match ive been checking what the Physio recommends and noticed a trend, especially with most weeks being 2 games a week.

So i have now set the first 2 intensity setting (red and orange heart) to no pitch and gym work (apparently the players will still come in for recovery and match reviews with this setting). The next 2 (Yellow, and light green) to half intensity and full green to Normal intensity. 

I also took control of training and used my own schedules, so no heavy sesssion before and after matches silly assistant!. 

Im trying out dribble less instruction too, as apparently this helps lower tiredness in a match. Make the ball work more than the player.

Compared to beta i noticed i got less fatigued players, but i also did rotate more often due to making sure i lowered some players agreed playing time.

Everyone is now back from injury, infact Jota already has 9 goals in 15 apps. Hoping to up Ox price to sell 2nd season.

Edited by Siven

i've had to rest a VVD, Salah and Nunez all near the end of october on Physio recommendation. i did the chat part with each to say i would rest them for the next game and all accepted it and it boosted morale with them. 

42 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

i've had to rest a VVD, Salah and Nunez all near the end of october on Physio recommendation. i did the chat part with each to say i would rest them for the next game and all accepted it and it boosted morale with them. 

Yeah thats the problem i had in beta. So i decided im FM23 to do my own training and learn more to combat fatigue. 

I really want to play VVD, Salah, Trent in 99% of games like real ife, but its not possible in FM.

11 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

What do you guys do with Firmino? He is willing to take a pay cut and sign a new 2 year deal but PSG just stepped in with an offer of £45 million, 25 upfront and 20 in instalments.

Could have got £45m, but gave him new contract at £125k a week. I have needed him as backup first season.

I do plan on selling 2nd season though. Hoping for at least £45m.

18 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

What do you guys do with Firmino? He is willing to take a pay cut and sign a new 2 year deal but PSG just stepped in with an offer of £45 million, 25 upfront and 20 in instalments.

i'll be selling him after the first season. doesnt score enough for me. i'll move Jota as Nunez back up and buy a winger

@Staf9 @Siven I rejected the bid and now he refuse to sign a new deal :lol: 

Got a deal with Marcos Leonardo for like £16 million(could rise to £23 million) but he is still raw. Might look at Evanilson from Porto now, Joao Pedro looks good too.

Also found a gem with Karim Konaté from Salzburg, only cost like £5 million, nice pressing forward with good potential.

59 minutes ago, ThanatosAFC said:

He's off to Juventus for £30m in Jan 2024, so I've got him for a few months, bit of a 'Thanks for the teeth 'n flicks, and adeus Bobby'!

That PSG offer you have is incredible.

7 minutes ago, rich10 said:

He's off to Juventus for £30m in Jan 2024, so I've got him for a few months, bit of a 'Thanks for the teeth 'n flicks, and adeus Bobby'!

That PSG offer you have is incredible.

It's PSG after all :D They also bought Thiago from me and they are also interested in Henderson, Matip & Gomez.

Never got succes with Firmino on FM so i won't mind to sell him tho, lots of good young strikers in the game to replace him.

13 minutes ago, Siven said:

Joao Pedro has 5 star potential in my game. He is my target replacement for Firmino in 2nd season. 

him and Mohamed Ali-cho with Soceidad are 2 top options. strikers who can play either wing AMR/L position are well worth it 

4 hours ago, ThanatosAFC said:

I Managed to get him to sign an extension first season with small reduction to wage, Also got Keita, Ox, Milner and Thiago on slightly reduced terms too.

Then sold Firmino to Madrid for £29m end of season 1.. Can't shift Keita or Ox. Milner is fringe player, but Thiago I'm keeping as he's stayed pretty much injury free so far.

2 minutes ago, kopfan1977 said:

I Managed to get him to sign an extension first season with small reduction to wage, Also got Keita, Ox, Milner and Thiago on slightly reduced terms too.

Then sold Firmino to Madrid for £29m end of season 1.. Can't shift Keita or Ox. Milner is fringe player, but Thiago I'm keeping as he's stayed pretty much injury free so far.

Sold Thiago for £59 million to PSG, was testing to see if he would take less money but actualy he was asking for like 400k a week lol He is out now for 4 months.

At the end  i am glad i made the right decision.