FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

Started a new save since the old one was on the beta. Sold Keita to city for 35m, have Firmino transfer listed since he didn't want to accept a contract on reduced wages.

Have signed Bellingham for 115m with most in the future. Was going for Moises Caciedo but they want the 70m up front or close to 90m spread out. Send Madrid an offer for Valverde at that cost and they accepted so I'm signing him too.

Joao Felix was my head scouts main recommendation so I asked the board to sign him and they agreed. What a window.

Edit: Ah ffs, hadn’t confirmed the Valverde transfer and the board stole all my funds. Don’t know if I can cancel Joao but will have to decide between which to go through with unless I can sell Firmino for 30m in the next week. 

Edited by Brandoman10

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finished the first season by winning the league with a game to spare. Beat Madrid in the CL Final. Which was nice. Knocked Man City out along the way. Also won the Carabao Cup. Man City knocked me out the FA Cup. 

Start of second season blew almost my whole budget on Bellinghams release clause of £105m. Was tempted instead to go for 2 midfielders, potentially Caicedo and Fernandez, but having watched Bellingham in the World Cup, I had to have him. Also signed Victor Kristiansen, the left back from Copenhagen for £7.5m who has stayed there on loan for another season. Also sold Matip for £30m and got in Zabarnyi who I think paid a total of about £22.5m for, so a good deal, moving on the oldest central defender and getting in a hot prospect who is hopefully happy to be 4th choice for now, albeit it still getting games here and there.

Ox and Milner left on frees, other than that squad remains the same for now. 

Just realized that Calvin Ramsay is rightback, from Scotland, and truly two-footed. Those 3 credentials are exactly the same as another guy who signed for Liverpool when he was 19 years old (and went on to have a 14 year career with the Reds). Staf9 won't know who I'm talking about, but some of you others might?

6 hours ago, MontyOnTheRun said:

Just realized that Calvin Ramsay is rightback, from Scotland, and truly two-footed. Those 3 credentials are exactly the same as another guy who signed for Liverpool when he was 19 years old (and went on to have a 14 year career with the Reds). Staf9 won't know who I'm talking about, but some of you others might?

do you need a hug?

Finally had chance to continue my save.

Currently top in season 2, jan transfer window. Got Endrick for £20m joining at end of season. 

How is TAA doing for everyone? I really want more out of him but unsure how to get it.

Also how is Elliot? He has developed nicely for me but i just havent decided on his main position.

2 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Cant wait for the winter update to include Cody Gakpo :)

I'm not sold on him at present. Heard good things about him in-game though. To be fair, I tend to look more towards central midfielders as opposed to attackers.

On a side note, was great to see Doak and Bajcetic play (and score in Stefan's case) yesterday.

2 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

I'm not sold on him at present. Heard good things about him in-game though. To be fair, I tend to look more towards central midfielders as opposed to attackers.

On a side note, was great to see Doak and Bajcetic play (and score in Stefan's case) yesterday.

be interesting to see if they end up with a CA boost in the update. plus it could be Gakpo and another to add to the team

Finally managed to get a 4231 tactic to work for me. started a new save but as argentina manager first, won the World Cup and quit then ad got the liverpool job as Klopp was sacked during the WC as liverpool sat 7th. took over and decided to persevere with a 4231. we went ona great run and claimed the PL, Fa Cup and the CL. Ardi Guler is a Gem as the 10 as well

Season 2 review

good season in the PL, record points total and record wins. we went out of the CL in the qtrs to Chelsea and the players werent happy. had to changed formation back to 433 to appease a couple who felt we would be better with that instead of the 4231. might mean some ruthless decisions in the summer window . think Curtis jones might go along with Thiago (he only wants to play as DM DLP). Also if i switch i might need to look at Loaning out Arda Guler for a season as he can only play as AMC. not sure his stats will translate to an AMR IF role. 

need to find a pure goalscorer as well. Nunez is doing well but cant get half the goals of Haaland. Jota had his best season for me breaking the 20 PL goal mark. might cash in on him and try for Sesko. have 2 regens in the U18's with 5 stars who might be good enough in time. 

image.thumb.png.b70b5d5bc0af6243ca7f9f38f31d9d84.png

image.thumb.png.8d0a15630a7ada0412fa41a3b51db587.png

After winning the league 5 years in a row ended when Man City won the title my 6th season only Fa cup win worst season so far hopefully i win the champions league soon only trophy ive yet to win.Salah is still a goal machine at 35 years but starting to decline will see how long it goes on for 

Edited by glenn28

Just coming towards the end of season 2. Through to the semis of the CL, and engaged in a battle for the PL with Chelsea. Currently hold a 2 point lead so fingers crossed. 
Posting though to comment on my youth intakes. Both have been ridiculously good. Three 5* players plus several 4* players across the 2 intakes. I couldn’t help myself and had to install the editor so I could see just how good these guys might be. I have players with the following PA in my youth team. 190 178 176 159 158 155 151 151 plus more in the 140’s. Ridiculous😁

3 hours ago, BoobyBlah said:

It took 4 seasons, but Nunez finally outscored Haaland in a season. Mainly coz Haaland only managed 24 goals.

Still my proudest achievement

in my third season and nunez has 5 more goals than Haaland at the end of November. really pushing for this as well as Haalands number have been unreal in the 2 seasons so far. 

changed set up from having Nunez as an AF to a pressing forward and he's scoring more regular now 

I recently bought the in-game editor so I'm....errr....yeah I'm really tempted to erase our early season injuries and bring in Gakpo.

But then we'll have a lot of options for the front 4 positions (playing a 4-2-3-1). I like the recommendations of Elliot as an AMC so will be trying that, maybe rotating him and Carvalho.

End of season 2 I won the PL again and also beat Bayern in the CL final 3-2 after extra time. Not sure how, they were way superior to me throughout the whole game. 

Heading into season 3, despite attempts to get VVD to renew he has refused saying he will explore his options. So now with just one season left I have reluctantly sold him. Got £21m plus adds on from PSG. Replaced him with Gvardiol for up to £75m so pretty happy with that. Singed Manu Kone too for £45m to add to Fabian Reider who came in during January for £33m. Also signed Joao Pedro for £55m plus add ons as Bobby left at the end of his contract and Jota wants to leave too and I don’t seem to have much choice other than to let him go. Offered Tsimikas a new contract and he won’t settle for less than £165k a week so I have a decision to make on him too. Might have to sell him. 

1 hour ago, ThanatosAFC said:

Caicedo, Tielemans or Szoboszlai... Need a new mezzala on support.

Rice /s

Caicedo is probably best IMO, unless they're on attack in which case none of those are enough better then Elliott to be worth the money.

19 hours ago, aaaawren said:

Rice /s

Caicedo is probably best IMO, unless they're on attack in which case none of those are enough better then Elliott to be worth the money.

Caicedo is the man to go for, amazing fysical and well rounded stats but expensive tho. Might need to pay like over 60 million for him.

Hey guys,

not been on here for a good while however been looking to try and get back into it when time allows. I’ve started my usual Liverpool save and looking at peoples more ‘household’ signings shall we say, but if your looking for a striker to either rotate with or replace Darwin, then let me suggest Scamacca at West Ham. 

Not seen anyone mention signing him on here yet but I did a random save as on the beta & crossed over when the full game was released and found myself managing West Ham and this guys was crazily good! Ended the season with 30 plus goals as his stats would suggest! 

Also a very good young midfielder is Ouedrago (maybe spelling issues) but I think he plays at Schalke to start with, turns out to be world class! 👌

Season 3 review

Looked for a long time that we wouldnt win the league. city were setting the pace for the second half of the season and when we lost to chelsea in our 3rd last league game it looked like we were done but city finished the season with 2 draws and a loss to allow us to pip them on the last day by 1 point. 

Finally had Darwin finish as PL top scorer with 32 goals. 

we went on to beat City in the Fa cup final on Penos and then for the big one, CL final. after going out on the quarters last season we had to reach the final to keep a few players happy. we went into the final against City on a high from the FA cup win and it showed as we scored 3 first half goals. despite a city goal early  in the second half we held on for a 3-1 win to cap a great season

image.thumb.png.c8ed1d9a8c603c0d9b77eb388fb66fcd.png

image.thumb.png.0a5b9ad75ee9405a7ec43c4ea6343deb.png

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

Season 3 review

Looked for a long time that we wouldnt win the league. city were setting the pace for the second half of the season and when we lost to chelsea in our 3rd last league game it looked like we were done but city finished the season with 2 draws and a loss to allow us to pip them on the last day by 1 point. 

Finally had Darwin finish as PL top scorer with 32 goals. 

we went on to beat City in the Fa cup final on Penos and then for the big one, CL final. after going out on the quarters last season we had to reach the final to keep a few players happy. we went into the final against City on a high from the FA cup win and it showed as we scored 3 first half goals. despite a city goal early  in the second half we held on for a 3-1 win to cap a great season

image.thumb.png.c8ed1d9a8c603c0d9b77eb388fb66fcd.png

image.thumb.png.0a5b9ad75ee9405a7ec43c4ea6343deb.png

Any chance you could post your squad on this thread? Please...

On 05/01/2023 at 17:15, guruhd said:

End of season 2 I won the PL again and also beat Bayern in the CL final 3-2 after extra time. Not sure how, they were way superior to me throughout the whole game. 

Heading into season 3, despite attempts to get VVD to renew he has refused saying he will explore his options. So now with just one season left I have reluctantly sold him. Got £21m plus adds on from PSG. Replaced him with Gvardiol for up to £75m so pretty happy with that. Singed Manu Kone too for £45m to add to Fabian Reider who came in during January for £33m. Also signed Joao Pedro for £55m plus add ons as Bobby left at the end of his contract and Jota wants to leave too and I don’t seem to have much choice other than to let him go. Offered Tsimikas a new contract and he won’t settle for less than £165k a week so I have a decision to make on him too. Might have to sell him. 

Sold Tsimikas too for £27.5m to Man City. Replaced him with Luca Netz whose £37m release clause I paid. He should be good enough to be Robertson’s long term replacement. 

8 games into the 3rd season I’m already 7 points behind City which isn’t ideal. Just lost 1-0 to them at their stadium. I’m literally incapable of getting any kind of result at their ground.

On 08/01/2023 at 19:51, jmc1980 said:

Any chance you could post your squad on this thread? Please...

squad is quite big as i've brought in a good few high potential young players to develop, hopefully will have a few of them as HG shortly and if they arent good enough i should get good fee's back for them

image.thumb.png.c79be941215875d52480f2d5dea7da89.png

image.thumb.png.f5ef76d652e7c247639be6b9f5ec7e0d.png

only 2 players in ahead of season 4. 

Antonio Silva was bought in the Jan window and loaned back to Benfica as Palace had a bid accepted, Madrid were sniffing around Konate so i was trying to cover myself and now Konate doesnt want to leave. will have to loan 1 CB out for the season as i expect VVD to leave at the end of this season, board will only allow me to offer 1 year deals now

Benjamin Sesko - Jota was doing brilliant for me as Darwin's back up but he wanted to move on so with a 62m offer from Juve i couldnt refuse. met Sesko's 79m release clause to give me quality back up for Darwin

Outs - Jota 79m, Curtis Jones 35m (monaco), Bajetic 32m (leverkusen), Gordon 7.5m (palace), Quadragoa (loan), Bardghji (loan)

i'll also move a few others out on loan once the friendlies are over (archie Gray, Doak)

1 hour ago, Staf9 said:

squad is quite big as i've brought in a good few high potential young players to develop, hopefully will have a few of them as HG shortly and if they arent good enough i should get good fee's back for them

image.thumb.png.c79be941215875d52480f2d5dea7da89.png

image.thumb.png.f5ef76d652e7c247639be6b9f5ec7e0d.png

Thanks so much, Staf

I actually really enjoy reading your updates and many others on here

2 hours ago, carlrich1 said:

Dear Friends,

Just started a new save as Liverpool and regarding staff who do you let go and who do you bring in?.

Thanks.

scouting staff, anyone with under 15 Judging Ability and  Potential. fitness coaches are poor, get rid of  anyone with under 17 fitness stat.  

generally same on all other staff roles. under 16/17 stat for the role let go and  try  to get better in

On 14/01/2023 at 17:54, Staf9 said:

scouting staff, anyone with under 15 Judging Ability and  Potential. fitness coaches are poor, get rid of  anyone with under 17 fitness stat.  

generally same on all other staff roles. under 16/17 stat for the role let go and  try  to get better in

Does the whole "DDM" theory still apply? You know, the one where you could potentially sacrifice a few points on fitness if Determination, Discipline and Motivating are really high?

23 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Does the whole "DDM" theory still apply? You know, the one where you could potentially sacrifice a few points on fitness if Determination, Discipline and Motivating are really high?

i think it does. still find that a few of the staff at the club have under 15 stat for their prefferred role and also poor overall stats. i will look to have determination and motivating as a high stat especially in the coaching roles. for staff like Sports science and scouts i mainly want that individual stat to be as high as possible

14 hours ago, glenn28 said:

In season 8 which been poor So only Fa cup & champions league I can win will finish this season then I’ll start a new save once the winter update is out 

i'm in season 4 and sort died off with playing due to the Jan window. might wait for the update and get a good long term save going then

8 hours ago, EnigMattic1 said:

Data lock is February 15th. So one would assume that it wouldn't be too long after that.

They mentioned this on the recent PS5 FM announcement.

"When the transfer data drops in just over a month’s time you can kick start a new career, ready for the road to football glory."

So looks like the end of February.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my most notable signings for my latest career (completed 2 seasons) after offloading all the aging ones (Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Matip, Salah, Firmino, etc.) - a.k.a. "Team of Wonderkids":

• Alexander Isak (73M->105M): Replaced Darwin Nunez as the main striker after the first season and did his job tremendously. 56 goals in 52 appearances (34 goals in 33 Premier League appearances) with an average rating of 7.73. UEFA Player of the Year. PFA Player of the Year. Football Writers Footballer of the Year. European Golden Shoe runner-up. Premier League Golden Boot runner-up. Fans' favorite after only 1 season. Can not speak highly of him! 💯 (see his profile after the first season)
  • Moises Caicedo (73M->89M) & Eduardo Camavinga (73M->87M): Completed my midfielder trio with our own golden boy Harvey Elliot. World-class players in a couple of seasons.
  • Antonio Silva (75M->84M): Provided great partnership with Van Dijk. Wonderkid.
  • Rodrygo (43.5M->60M): Replaced aging Mohamed Salah. A bargain for 43.5M (60M). 13 goals & 8 assists in 43 appearances. 6 goals & 2 assists in 13 CL appearances. Not bad for a 22-year-old. World-class potential.
  • Datro Fofana (on loan): Signed on loan for the first two seasons. A very high loan fee is required considering his potential as well as his current contribution to Chelsea. Was really good, especially for the second season. 8 goals and 9 assists in 29 appearances. Unfortunately, Chelsea did not sell him even for a total of 243M. According to his agent, the rivalry between Chelsea & Liverpool had an impact on this situation. Really hoped to extend his journey with me but unfortunately, Chelsea neither sells nor loans him anymore. 
  • Malo Gusto (40M->55M): Rotation for Trend. Did his job well.
  • Xavi Simons (56M->76M): Rotation for the midfielder trio and surprisingly did an amazing job. 5 goals & 7 assists in 30 appearances with an average rating of 7.29. Named in the UEFA Champions League Dream Team.
  • Luca Netz (55M->60M): Rotation for Robertson.
  • Paul Wanner (Free): Signed for free in the last 6 months of his contract with Bayern Munich. Wonderkid. Hope he meets the expectations. But, if not, no problem. Would provide profit as a free transfer which is expected by the board.
  • Andreas Schjelderup (62M->86M): Could not meet my high expectation so far but not bad too: 7 goals & 2 assists in 23 PL appearances. Wonderkid.
  • Mohamed-Ali Cho (39.5M->45M): Backup for Isak. High potential. 41 goals in 40 U21s appearances.
  • Wilfried Gnonto (54M->70M): Rotation for wings and forward. High potential. Wonderkid.

High potential youngsters:

• Curtis Jones: Cover for my midfielders and wingers. Did his job whenever necessary. Never made an issue for not regularly playing. Great guy.
  • Joe Gomez: Cover for my center backs and even for full-backs. Similar to Curtis Jones, did his job whenever necessary. Never made an issue for not regularly playing. Great guy.
  • Stefan Bajcetic, Fabio Carvalho, and Calvin Ramsay were all loaned to gain first-team experience.

Hopes this post gives hints to its readers regarding potential signings. Cheers. :thup:

Edited by talhak

2 hours ago, talhak said:

Here are my most notable signings for my latest career (completed 2 seasons) after offloading all the aging ones (Thiago, Fabinho, Henderson, Matip, Salah, Firmino, etc.) - a.k.a. "Team of Wonderkids":

• Alexander Isak (73M->105M): Replaced Darwin Nunez as the main striker after the first season and did his job tremendously. 56 goals in 52 appearances (34 goals in 33 Premier League appearances) with an average rating of 7.73. UEFA Player of the Year. PFA Player of the Year. Football Writers Footballer of the Year. European Golden Shoe runner-up. Premier League Golden Boot runner-up. Fans' favorite after only 1 season. Can not speak highly of him! 💯 (see his profile after the first season)
  • Moises Caicedo (73M->89M) & Eduardo Camavinga (73M->87M): Completed my midfielder trio with our own golden boy Harvey Elliot. World-class players in a couple of seasons.
  • Antonio Silva (75M->84M): Provided great partnership with Van Dijk. Wonderkid.
  • Rodrygo (43.5M->60M): Replaced aging Mohamed Salah. A bargain for 43.5M (60M). 13 goals & 8 assists in 43 appearances. 6 goals & 2 assists in 13 CL appearances. Not bad for a 22-year-old. World-class potential.
  • Datro Fofana (on loan): Signed on loan for the first two seasons. A very high loan fee is required considering his potential as well as his current contribution to Chelsea. Was really good, especially for the second season. 8 goals and 9 assists in 29 appearances. Unfortunately, Chelsea did not sell him even for a total of 243M. According to his agent, the rivalry between Chelsea & Liverpool had an impact on this situation. Really hoped to extend his journey with me but unfortunately, Chelsea neither sells nor loans him anymore. 
  • Malo Gusto (40M->55M): Rotation for Trend. Did his job well.
  • Xavi Simons (56M->76M): Rotation for the midfielder trio and surprisingly did an amazing job. 5 goals & 7 assists in 30 appearances with an average rating of 7.29. Named in the UEFA Champions League Dream Team.
  • Luca Netz (55M->60M): Rotation for Robertson.
  • Paul Wanner (Free): Signed for free in the last 6 months of his contract with Bayern Munich. Wonderkid. Hope he meets the expectations. But, if not, no problem. Would provide profit as a free transfer which is expected by the board.
  • Andreas Schjelderup (62M->86M): Could not meet my high expectation so far but not bad too: 7 goals & 2 assists in 23 PL appearances. Wonderkid.
  • Mohamed-Ali Cho (39.5M->45M): Backup for Isak. High potential. 41 goals in 40 U21s appearances.
  • Wilfried Gnonto (54M->70M): Rotation for wings and forward. High potential. Wonderkid.

High potential youngsters:

• Curtis Jones: Cover for my midfielders and wingers. Did his job whenever necessary. Never made an issue for not regularly playing. Great guy.
  • Joe Gomez: Cover for my center backs and even for full-backs. Similar to Curtis Jones, did his job whenever necessary. Never made an issue for not regularly playing. Great guy.
  • Stefan Bajcetic, Fabio Carvalho, and Calvin Ramsay were all loaned to gain first-team experience.

Hopes this post gives hints to its readers regarding potential signings. Cheers. :thup:

How much did you make in sales to cover all those purchases?

12 minutes ago, jmc1980 said:

I can never get much from sales. Is that just from offering them out to clubs?

Yes, exactly. I personally offered the to clubs with transfer-listing despite I do have a Director of Football.

2 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Hoping Bajcetic gets a PA boost in the next update haven’t touched FM 23 for over a month will start a long term save when the winter update is out 

with a bit of luck it'll be out soon. going to start a new save with an updated database from another site to see if i can get into a save. might holiday season 1 and set all of Naby, Ox and Milner to leave at the end of their contracts to force a rebuild without the ease of being able to sell them in game

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit of a stickler for player personality, and Liverpool are blessed with two Model Citizens with Determination of 19 (Millie and Hendo).

I managed by the end of the first season to mentor a few established players to join them as Model Citizens and complete the leadership group for the next ten years. These included Declan Rice, Jamal Musiala, Eduardo Camavinga and Youssefa Moukoko.

From then on, newgens can be mentored to produce more Model Citizens and continue the lineage. 

2 hours ago, 7. Shevchenko said:

I'm a bit of a stickler for player personality, and Liverpool are blessed with two Model Citizens with Determination of 19 (Millie and Hendo).

I managed by the end of the first season to mentor a few established players to join them as Model Citizens and complete the leadership group for the next ten years. These included Declan Rice, Jamal Musiala, Eduardo Camavinga and Youssefa Moukoko.

From then on, newgens can be mentored to produce more Model Citizens and continue the lineage. 

this is one of the reasons i'm tempted to get rice in my next save. his high leadership and teamwork stats. after Hendo, Millie and VVD there is a drop off to trent and robbo and then very little around the squad in terms of captain material. 

Anyone had any joy getting new stadium? Inevitably i get get taken over, board demands I spend the entire transfer budget, and wont even negotiate on the stadium..   been as far as 2030 and stil nope.. 

Edited by rinso