FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Staf9

13 hours ago, rinso said:

Anyone had any joy getting new stadium? Inevitably i get get taken over, board demands I spend the entire transfer budget, and wont even negotiate on the stadium..   been as far as 2030 and stil nope.. 

i would imagine that as IRL there is no sign of the club moving from Anfield that its coded in the game. might be something that happens 30-40 seasons in. in your save to 2030 did you get further capacity increases?

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Staf9 said:

i would imagine that as IRL there is no sign of the club moving from Anfield that its coded in the game. might be something that happens 30-40 seasons in. in your save to 2030 did you get further capacity increases?

No mate, most of the time that wasn't even an option to ask for. annoys me they keep insisting on this "spend original transfer budget" clause as well..

Gonna start a new save this afternoon.

I have noticed we only have £5m budget in first window. 

Bajcetic looks potentially world class now. Also Doak, Ramsey, Bradley, van den berg  and Gordon, can be good. Honestly with the youngsters theres not a lot of players needed until you want to replace the older guys in a season or 2. 

Of course i am still going to try and get Bellingham asap. Also i really like Macallister from brighton who i got in my first save. Great versatile player, good squad player.

Starting as well with Liverpool. Doesn't look like the squad was nerfed too much in the patch, but Bajcetic and Doak looks class potential now. I'm starting without the first window, but after that I am going to release everyone who's contract up this season, and likely sell Matip and Thiago, who are up in 2024. Targeting Bellingham, Rice, and Gvardiol to replace everyone.

Contemplating a 343 with Bajcetic as the Libero.

1 hour ago, Siven said:

Gonna start a new save this afternoon.

I have noticed we only have £5m budget in first window. 

Bajcetic looks potentially world class now. Also Doak, Ramsey, Bradley, van den berg  and Gordon, can be good. Honestly with the youngsters theres not a lot of players needed until you want to replace the older guys in a season or 2. 

Of course i am still going to try and get Bellingham asap. Also i really like Macallister from brighton who i got in my first save. Great versatile player, good squad player.

Bajcetic and Doak are 100% set as world class with the boosts given. really happy with both. 

i dont think ramsay has had much of a boost. Bradley definitely looks better. Sepp, Morton and Gordon could all be developed and used a squad players long term to ease the HG quotas

one to look out for if you want to replace Fabinho early is Ugarte. looks like he got a big upgrade and someone we are linked with IRL. 

I got a couple of weeks done, after spending a few hours sorting out staff..... then remebered about the real name fix i forgot to install so am starting again :D

Checked the pre game editor for the PA of some players, not posting numbers but Bajcetic and Doak have a high chance of being world class. Bradley, Ramsey, Morton, Van den Berg, Gordon and a few others have a fairly good chance to roll well too. If they dont develop, will sell for a lot.

Edited by Siven

Started my save, won community shield 3-1 and first game of season 3-1 also.

Sorted out my training and got a lot of new staff.

Offered out Keita on first day of save and Man City bought him for £40m. Happy with that. 

Phillips went on loan to Rangers with a £10m mandatory fee, and paying 100% wages for the loan period. Happy with that too.

Carvalho went on loan for gametime to boost his value. Not going to use him so hoping to sell in a season or 2. Bunch of other youth went on loan too.

Brought in Archie Gray for £1.2m, good prospect and also Bellingham for £100m (25m upfront, 75 over 3 years). 

Bajcetic promoted to senior team and will get gametime as backup until hes ready. Also promoted to get mentored, both Hendo and Milner are model citizens, one of the best personalities in the game, so make use of mentoring with them.

Firmino got a new 3 year contract (less wages too), didnt want to lose him for nothing but plan to sell in a season. Will do the same with Ox too.

Changed a few players playing time expectations too, just had to talk to them and they were happy to. Got Milner down to impact sub, lowered a few from regular to squad player, and star players to regular/important. Will help when resting them so they dont become unhappy.

Using a 433DM, tho i keep changing my 2 CM roles, never sure what to stick with.Currently BBM and CMs.

Edit: A week or so before transfer deadline and Thiago comes to me wanting a new contract. Luckily my DoF sorts it out nicely, an extra year + optional extension, keeps the same wages and only slightly higher in his bonuses.

Edited by Siven

• Staf9 changed the title to FM23 Liverpool FC: I'm so glad Jurgen is a red

Near end of Dec and TAA has successfully unlearned Try killer through balls after my coaches recommended it. I did notice he rarely crossed the ball compared to my left backs.

We will see how it goes!

10 hours ago, Siven said:

Near end of Dec and TAA has successfully unlearned Try killer through balls after my coaches recommended it. I did notice he rarely crossed the ball compared to my left backs.

We will see how it goes!

i'm trying to look at this side of training more as well. remove some PPM and ask the coaches to recommend ones that suits. at the start of Dec and have Darwin now beating the offside trap

up to the 1st of Feb in season 1 on new save. started the game with Naby, OX, Milner and Bobby set to leave once contracts were up and 1st window closed. 

currently sitting top of the table by a point ahead of City and spurs. into the League cup final, still in FA cup and we got Leverkusen in the CL knockout rounds. 

Jan window, only had 5 mil and the board made a further 60 available so i've brought in Alex Scott for 15m, Ugarte for his 52m release and Evan Ferguson on Loan from brighton to see if he will fit into my tactic. deals done for the summer with Rafael Luis and Arda Guler joining. 

out went Naby for 15m as City bid for him and bobby agreed a contract with PSG and they paid 12.5m to do the transfer now. Nat philips for 3.1m to Wolves. 

Finished season 1 didnt win anything & made no signings finished 3rd in the league letting Bobby,Keita,Ox & Milner go 

already signed Bellingham,Rice & Nunes my midfield sorted out for the next 5 years there took a chunk out of the bank 

Edited by glenn28

On 08/03/2023 at 14:09, Staf9 said:

up to the 1st of Feb in season 1 on new save. started the game with Naby, OX, Milner and Bobby set to leave once contracts were up and 1st window closed. 

currently sitting top of the table by a point ahead of City and spurs. into the League cup final, still in FA cup and we got Leverkusen in the CL knockout rounds. 

Jan window, only had 5 mil and the board made a further 60 available so i've brought in Alex Scott for 15m, Ugarte for his 52m release and Evan Ferguson on Loan from brighton to see if he will fit into my tactic. deals done for the summer with Rafael Luis and Arda Guler joining. 

out went Naby for 15m as City bid for him and bobby agreed a contract with PSG and they paid 12.5m to do the transfer now. Nat philips for 3.1m to Wolves. 

got to the middle of may in season 1. 2 games left in the League and we are top level on points with city but we have a better GD. we wont the league cup and into the final of both the Fa Cup and CL where we have City and Barca to play. 4 wins away from a phenomenal season trophy wise. while we are top in the PL overall its been a bit underwhelming as currently on 80 points so 86 will win it. 

we got our budget for season 2 as soon as CL football was confirmed and i've spent most of it by bidding Bellinghams release clause 96m. only 16m left but i will be able to cover any buys through sales during the window. as i only really want to bring in 2 CB's to cover a clear out of Matip, Gomez and Kostas (so Gvardiol + 1 other will do). ox and milner will go on free's as contracts will be up and i'll possibly try to move on Fabinho, thiago to bring in big fee's and reuce the overall age of the squad and i think Jones will go as while he's decent he's just not good enough in any one position. other targets for the summer window will be minimal. outside of the 2CB's and Jude making Evan Ferguson's loan permanent will be priority. 

Gonna restart my save wasn't happy with my current save usual drill disable transfer windows & won't make any signings until season 2 which will be focused on rebuilding my midfield & get a couple of new defenders depending on my transfer kitty & player sales

3 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Gonna restart my save wasn't happy with my current save usual drill disable transfer windows & won't make any signings until season 2 which will be focused on rebuilding my midfield & get a couple of new defenders depending on my transfer kitty & player sales

trying to do a rebuild but finding it hard to offload Fabinho and Thiago, both get fairly annoyed at being offered around and making them available for lowish fee's (in comparison to their value) isnt generating any offers. 

in game the midfield isnt as bad as IRL so there isnt such a panis to do a full reset

Edited by Staf9

Won everything in first season apart from champs league where PSG knocked me out in the semis. Everton were relegated.

In Jan i bought Antonio Silva for £75m (most over 3 years). 18 year old DC, future star and will be homegrown at club. If i got him at end of season 1 he wouldnt have been able to get homegrown, which is something i do like to get with my squad. I like to buy young and improve them.

I also got Mannsverk for £5.5m. Wasnt planned, but i saw a bid go in for him and hes a decent squad player and can sell on for a lot more later on. He went back on loan till end of season for gametime.

Along with Archie Gray and Bellingham at start im happy with first season transfers.

During season 2 preseason, i sold Firmino to Chelsea for £50m, Ox went on loan to Wolves, they pay full wages, will get £5m from fees and optional £55m fee for transfer. Thiago went on loan to Milan, they pay full wages, £12m fee and optional £40m fee (slow, old, injury prone, wanted more gametime for Elliot). Matip was sold to Barca for £31m (Silva took his place). Van den Berg went on loan with a mandatory £20m fee. Carvalhao went on loan again for a £3m fee, and sold and loaned a bunch of youth to get another £20m which includes £10m for Phillips.

Ramsey is out on loan, Bradley is now my main RB backup, Milner still mentoring some youngsters. Doak will get gametime this season also. Hoping he will be Salah replacement in a few seasons.

Bought Rafael Luis for £12m. Future backup to Bajcetic, or sell for profit.

Also have Dennis Seimen joining in Jan for £32m. My future number 1.

Targetting Left back Destiny Udogie for season 3, and a CM, prolly Mac allister as i liked him in my first save where i got 4 seasons in.

Very happy with my business so far. Squad is looking more youthful with plenty of experiance still.

Currently a few games into season 2. 

Oh and Gerrard is back as an U21 coach. Edwards back as DoF, and a few other staff improvements.

Edited by Siven

Im now at an important part of the 2nd season.

End of Dec, currently top and unbeaten in the league, drawn the last 2 against Chelsea and Man Utd, now have Spurs, Arsenal, Man City and Brentford in the space of 12 days. All of them without Salah as he is with Egypt for the African cup.

Milner has decided to retire at end of season. Thats fine just using him to mentor.

Konate, Silva, Bajcetic, Elliot, Jones. Bellingham, Gakpo have all developed nicely in stats and also personality from being tutored by Milner and Hendo. Will be keeping Hendo until he retires for that reason too.

Unless something happens, i donk think i will be signing anyone in Jan. Though i have started to look for a right winger to eventuall;y replace Salah, unless i use Elliot there, currently hes CM. Doak is nice, but his low stamina and finishing doesnt fill me with excitement.

Edit: Turns out even though the calander said Salahs away, he didnt leave until after the 4 games, which he helped me win them all!

Edited by Siven

A quick update.I'm sitting on top in march of season 1 only lost 1 game so far in the league Keita has actually been good for me in this save will still move him on in season 2.

Edited by glenn28

10 hours ago, glenn28 said:

Won the league with 4 games to go still got the champions league & Fa cup to win so could be a great season then gonna work on my transfers & staff for season 2 

hopefully you win both. 

did you bring anyone in during the Jan window?

45 minutes ago, Staf9 said:

hopefully you win both. 

did you bring anyone in during the Jan window?

Won both though the champions league went to pen against RB Leipzig signed no one in Jan already signed Bellingham also trying to get Gvardiol depends if I sell Matip Barcelona have agreed to sign him 25mill & Keita has agreed a fee of 45 mill with Real Madrid.signed no one in Jan prefer to save the money for season 2 summer transfers 

Edited by glenn28

Finished season 2, won everything and went unbeaten in the league!

In Jan i promoted Doak to senior team as backup. 8 goals and 9 assists in 24 appearances. Very happy.

In season 2 I bought Rafael Luis for £12m, Seimen for £32m, both for the future and Alexis Mac Allister for £61m in Jan as a squad player.

End of the season/Pre season of season 3 i have sold Thiago for £22m (his £40m optional loan fee wasnt activated so got what i could). Ox sold for £44m (his £55m optional loan fee wasnt activated), Rhys Williams went for £12m, Carvalho sold for £46m, Ramsey sold for £42m. 

Verry happy with these sales of backup/youth. Wish i got more for Thiago though i di get £12m from his loan and no wages in season 2.

Happy with the age of my squad now. Van Dijk, Henderson, Salah, Fabinho, Allison and Robertson are the only squad members 30 or above. Hendo is stil la good squad player and fantastic mentor. Van Dijk is still going well and good mentor, Salah is still top tier and good mentor, Allison can go many more years, Fabinho and Robertson are still top tier also.

Robertson and Salah retired from internationals which will help them get more gametime for me. Milner retired and got good staff attributes and became my u18 assistant. He did well at tutoring my first team youngstersm now he can help the U18s.

And other than a few more staff, i havent bought anyone yet. Though i am targetting Destiny Udogie as Robertsons replacement in a season or so.

Pre season has been weird. With the Euros and Copa america, i had to send 75% of the squad on holidays when they returned from internationals so they could have a rest and lose fatigue. Should have most back before first game of season.

Edit:

A few games into season 3. A week before the transfer window closes. Just beat newly promoted Everton 4-1 away. Their squad is so bad now, think they are going to be relegated again. Bajcetic missed the start of season due to Olympics, and then i sent on holiday for a month to recoup. Current squad and tactic below.

Liverpool_ Overview-2.png

Liverpool_ Overview.png

Edited by Siven

Just started season 3.

Season 1- Transfer wise, I brought in James Justin on loan in January for defensive cover (did not make it permanent) and Michael Olise for his £50 million release clause to predominantly backup Salah on the RW but have retrained him so he can also can play at RCM as a Mezzela.

I won the Champions League, beating PSG in the final and finished a point behind Man City in the league. Cups were poor as we were crippled with injuries so it was youngsters playing in them to save the first teamers for league and Champions League.

Season 2 was a big one for transfers and a bit of an overhaul to the squad, brought in Bellingham (£100, £25m up front & £75m over 3 instalments) Gvardiol (£70m, £20m up front, £50m over 2 installmets) Luke Thomas (£12m) Caicedo (£87m, £32m up front & £55m over 3 installmets) then a couple youngsters that'll become HG in 3 years Ivan Fresneda (£23.5m) Ashley Phillips (£12m) and Vitor Roque (£32m).

To fund this we sold Keita to Real Madrid for £58m, Tsimikas to PSG for £39.5m, Firmino to Benfica for £35m, Matip to Barcelona for £19m, Ox to Southampton for £16m. 

We won the league, beating City by 4 points, but got beat in Champions League semi final by Atletico Madrid. Cups were slightly better, getting put out in the semi final of both.

Season 3, we brought in Manu Kone for midfield depth for £22m, Antonio Silva for £48m due to Virgil advising in December 2023 that he'd be considering his options at the end of his contract in June 2025 (he wouldn't discuss a new contract prior to this so hoping he changes his mind, as yet there's been no interest in him) but I do now have Gvardiol, Konate, Silva, Gomez with Ashley Phillips developing very nicely too. Jota and Gakpo both requested transfers late in the window so had transfers agreed for both, brought in Smith-Rowe on loan to cover these and both fell through although Gakpo did end up going out on loan as well as Bacjetic and Doak who did feature sparingly over the first two seasons and have developed well but not quite first team ready yet.

Squad looks like this:

GK (SK/s) Alisson / Kelleher / Davies

RB (WB/s) Trent / Fresneda (Gomez can cover here, Ramsay and Bradley both out on loan)

RCB (CD/d) Konate / Silva / Gomez

LCB (BPD/c) Gvardiol / van Dijk / Phillips (have started to phase van Dijk out since he's likely leaving, it probably wont convince him to change his mind but may as well develop those that will be here long term)

LB (FB/a) Robertson / Thomas (Similar to Gomez at RB, Gvardiol covers here)

DM (DM/s) Fabinho / Caicedo / Henderson (will potentially sell Fabinho or Thaigo to make room for Bacjetic next season, depending on whether I want as a 6 or LCM as my DLP rotating with Elliot)

RCM (B2B/s) Bellingham / Kone

LCM (DLP/s) Elliot / Thiago

RW (IF/a) Salah / Olise

LW (IW/a) Diaz / Jota / Smith-Rowe (probably sell Jota to make room for Doak next season)

ST (AF/a) Nunez / Roque

Currently running my traditional Liverpool save, but only got as far as December 2023 in season 2. Won everything in season 1, having started with the summer 2022 transfer window disabled.

In the winter 2023 transfer window, managed to sell Keira before his contract expired (only £8m, but better than nothing), and arranged transfers for Schjelderup and Diomande from Nordsjaelland and Gulliksen from Stromsgodset.

Gave the midfield a major overhaul in summer 2023. In came Rice, Caicedo (from a relegated Brighton) and Bellingham. Ox was released at the end of his contract, Thiago went to Leicester for £33m, and Jones went to Spurs for £30m (rising to£40m). In defence, Matip and Phillips were both sold, and Gvardiol came in.

Transfers have worked a treat, and I'm currently top again entering the Christmas period with a 100% record. In fact, the only game I haven't won was a 2-2 draw away to Inter in the Champions League.

I'm going to try and move on both Firmino (who wants a new challenge) and Fabinho (Rice is taking his place anyway, but I managed to give Fabinho a new contract last season and missed removing a promise about preferred position and role, and he's now unhappy that he's being used in a 'weak' role, even though he's still rated a 4* HB, rather than a 4.5* DM...)

However, I find myself with a dilemma. Salah has missed half of the season so far through five injuries - two separate 4-week groin injuries, and two 2-week ankle injuries, and currently has another muscle injury. I'm concerned he's becoming injury prone and wondering if I should cash in, either in January or at the end of the season. I want to sign Kvaratshkelia from Napoli anyway, so is it a good idea to try and offload Salah? The problem I foresee is Salah's wages - I expect there would only be PSG and Real Madrid who could afford him...

Any thoughts on my Salah situation?

Edited by brod_104
Forgot to include Jones sale

8 hours ago, brod_104 said:

Currently running my traditional Liverpool save, but only got as far as December 2023 in season 2. Won everything in season 1, having started with the summer 2022 transfer window disabled.

In the winter 2023 transfer window, managed to sell Keira before his contract expired (only £8m, but better than nothing), and arranged transfers for Schjelderup and Diomande from Nordsjaelland and Gulliksen from Stromsgodset.

Gave the midfield a major overhaul in summer 2023. In came Rice, Caicedo (from a relegated Brighton) and Bellingham. Ox was released at the end of his contract, and Thiago went to Leicester for £33m. In defence, Matip and Phillips were both sold, and Gvardiol came in.

Transfers have worked a treat, and I'm currently top again entering the Christmas period with a 100% record. In fact, the only game I haven't won was a 2-2 draw away to Inter in the Champions League.

I'm going to try and move on both Firmino (who wants a new challenge) and Fabinho (Rice is taking his place anyway, but I managed to give Fabinho a new contract last season and missed removing a promise about preferred position and role, and he's now unhappy that he's being used in a 'weak' role, even though he's still rated a 4* HB, rather than a 4.5* DM...)

However, I find myself with a dilemma. Salah has missed half of the season so far through five injuries - two separate 4-week groin injuries, and two 2-week ankle injuries, and currently has another muscle injury. I'm concerned he's becoming injury prone and wondering if I should cash in, either in January or at the end of the season. I want to sign Kvaratshkelia from Napoli anyway, so is it a good idea to try and offload Salah? The problem I foresee is Salah's wages - I expect there would only be PSG and Real Madrid who could afford him...

Any thoughts on my Salah situation?

I personally wouldn't dream of selling Salah, start of season 4 and still rated 5* current ability.

image.thumb.png.99bb8f38c4e4a93395c100b67636f671.png

First season wasnt great as he picked up a couple niggles and had to come off early in a few games but seasons 2 and 3 he's rarely been injured and only rested by choice ahead of big PL and CL games.

41 minutes ago, DBurns said:

I personally wouldn't dream of selling Salah, start of season 4 and still rated 5* current ability.

image.thumb.png.99bb8f38c4e4a93395c100b67636f671.png

First season wasnt great as he picked up a couple niggles and had to come off early in a few games but seasons 2 and 3 he's rarely been injured and only rested by choice ahead of big PL and CL games.

He's still rated as a star player, I'm just a bit concerned about the injuries he's had at the start of my second season - the type, the repetition, and the frequency, plus he's going to be entering 1- or 2-year contract renewals due to board policy, so don't want to lose him for free. He's off at the Africa Cup of Nations now, so I guess I'll see what condition he comes back in, and how he fares for the rest of the season. Also, I really want Kvaratshkelia!! :lol:

Transfer updates for January 2024, meanwhile: Firmino has gone to Benfica for £25m (18 months left on his contract, with no intention of resigning), and Tsimikas has gone to Real Madrid for £42m (again, 18 months on contract, and saying he was going to "consider his options", so cashing in now). Not been able to find a buyer for Fabinho yet, due to wages. Pitaluga (20-year-old reserve keeper) has also left for around £450k, as he failed to get a renewed work permit.

Incomings so far include Vitor Roque for £14m (release clause), and Zaire-Emery will be joining from PSG in the summer for a structured deal worth around £35m after add-ons (maybe PSG will take Fabinho as a replacement in the summer...). Also looking at options for a new back-up left-back, including Balde of Barcelona and Milos Kerkez from AZ Alkmaar.

Edited by brod_104

1 hour ago, brod_104 said:

He's still rated as a star player, I'm just a bit concerned about the injuries he's had at the start of my second season - the type, the repetition, and the frequency, plus he's going to be entering 1- or 2-year contract renewals due to board policy, so don't want to lose him for free. He's off at the Africa Cup of Nations now, so I guess I'll see what condition he comes back in, and how he fares for the rest of the season. Also, I really want Kvaratshkelia!! :lol:

Transfer updates for January 2024, meanwhile: Firmino has gone to Benfica for £25m (18 months left on his contract, with no intention of resigning), and Tsimikas has gone to Real Madrid for £42m (again, 18 months on contract, and saying he was going to "consider his options", so cashing in now). Not been able to find a buyer for Fabinho yet, due to wages. Pitaluga (20-year-old reserve keeper) has also left for around £450k, as he failed to get a renewed work permit.

Incomings so far include Vitor Roque for £14m (release clause), and Zaire-Emery will be joining from PSG in the summer for a structured deal worth around £35m after add-ons (maybe PSG will take Fabinho as a replacement in the summer...). Also looking at options for a new back-up left-back, including Balde of Barcelona and Milos Kerkez from AZ Alkmaar.

Yea fair enough regarding Salah and the contract situation, however what I've done with the older players when restricted to 1/2 years max is add in an optional additional year or a year extension after 5 league appearances, although I did lose van Dijk on a free but he'd regressed badly physically and was 4th choice at best.

image.thumb.png.55c733f01305e33268c2162c646d3264.png

In January of 2025 I brought in Harry Kane for £45m and £5m after 50 goals and Levi Colwill for £76m and sold Curtis Jones to Dortmund for £20m.

We won the PL and CL, Kane scoring 2 goals in a 3-2 win over Man United in the final.

Summer 2025, I brought in a couple of 18 year old regens just as I am happy with the squad however lost van Dijk as mentioned, Fabinho to Real Madrid for £50m and Thiago left for Barcelona for £5m. Tyler Morton joined Wolves for £42.5m after a highly successful loan spell last season.

Squad now looks like this:

Alisson / Kelleher

Trent / Fresneda

Silva / Gomez

Gvardiol / Konate

Robertson / Colwill

Jude / Kone

Caicedo / Bacjetic / Henderson

Salah / Olise

Kane / Elliot

Diaz / Jota / Doak

Nunez / Roque

Only possible addition will be a backup / rotational LB with Colwill moving to backup LCB, Konate to backup RCB and Gomez third choice RB & RCB but theres a shortage of decent LB's that are actually available.

Restarted my game as 23.4 came out gonna do things differently when it comes to transfers re signed Keita & Ox will sell both in season 2 also Jones will go as well will post a update after I complete season 1

On 30/03/2023 at 00:31, DBurns said:

Yea fair enough regarding Salah and the contract situation, however what I've done with the older players when restricted to 1/2 years max is add in an optional additional year or a year extension after 5 league appearances, although I did lose van Dijk on a free but he'd regressed badly physically and was 4th choice at best.

image.thumb.png.55c733f01305e33268c2162c646d3264.png

In January of 2025 I brought in Harry Kane for £45m and £5m after 50 goals and Levi Colwill for £76m and sold Curtis Jones to Dortmund for £20m.

We won the PL and CL, Kane scoring 2 goals in a 3-2 win over Man United in the final.

Summer 2025, I brought in a couple of 18 year old regens just as I am happy with the squad however lost van Dijk as mentioned, Fabinho to Real Madrid for £50m and Thiago left for Barcelona for £5m. Tyler Morton joined Wolves for £42.5m after a highly successful loan spell last season.

Squad now looks like this:

Alisson / Kelleher

Trent / Fresneda

Silva / Gomez

Gvardiol / Konate

Robertson / Colwill

Jude / Kone

Caicedo / Bacjetic / Henderson

Salah / Olise

Kane / Elliot

Diaz / Jota / Doak

Nunez / Roque

Only possible addition will be a backup / rotational LB with Colwill moving to backup LCB, Konate to backup RCB and Gomez third choice RB & RCB but theres a shortage of decent LB's that are actually available.

Luca Netz

Alejandro Balde

Fabiano Parisi

Destiny Udogie 

Cheaper options for backup:

Antonino Gallo (Salento)

Valeri (Cremonese)

All highly recommended.

18 hours ago, kopfan1977 said:

Luca Netz

Alejandro Balde

Fabiano Parisi

Destiny Udogie 

Cheaper options for backup:

Antonino Gallo (Salento)

Valeri (Cremonese)

All highly recommended.

I was also in the market for a left back as competition for Robertson, given Tsimikas' move to Real Madrid. I was looking at most of those listed above, but Netz and Udogie were both more expensive than I was willing to pay at the moment (Netz is in excess of £60m!). I ended up making a bid for Kerkez from AZ, but then saw that Thierry Rendall Correira was transfer listed at Valencia. I'd seen him be snapped up by AI-Klopp in another save, and the scouts were giving him glowing reviews, so ended up instructing my DoF to make a loan offer initially, and have ended up signing him on a loan deal that will turn into a permanent signing for around £10m (with a further £9m in instalments).

On 30/03/2023 at 20:51, glenn28 said:

Restarted my game as 23.4 came out gonna do things differently when it comes to transfers re signed Keita & Ox will sell both in season 2 also Jones will go as well will post a update after I complete season 1

doing the same mate. try and get a good final save going

Started my first save with Liverpool on FM23. Usually I avoid as I find it a little too easy.. But with the struggles IRL right now I feel like simply dominating the world for a few years. Leaving Utd well and truly in the dust. First window transfers turned off.  January came along and the board gave me £73m to play with. I've made one yth signing (Playing with a minor edited DB which was aimed at trying to improve Wales rankings in world football) and So Rubin Colwill was given a decent P.A so have snapped him up for the U21 and sent right back out on loan to Cardiff.

I managed to renew contracts for Milner, Ox, Keita, Bobby and Ox till 2024 just so I could sell at the end of the season along with Matip and possibly Thiago should I get any offers. Rest of the transfer Kitty will stay till then end of the season.

I plan on releasing the majority of the U18 squad as majority just won't ever make it - Keeping Doak, Kone Doherty, Koumas, Clark, Figueroa and Laffey . Same goes for the U21 team - Keeping Koumetio, Pitaluga, Cannonier, Arroyo, Balagizi, Stewart, Orjzynski, Musialowski, Harvey Davies, Chambers, Van den Berg, Quansah, Clarkson, Glatzel, Frauendorf, Gordon, Beck, Bradley, Ramsey, Morton, and Curtis Jones

First team wise.. Jota, Tsimikas, Kelleher, Gomez, Konate, Keita all have various admirers. Should any serious bids arrive they are free to leave.

Currently 2nd in league 1 pt behind City and game in hand. Carabao semi final all but sewn up 5-1 lead over Norwich. FA Cup 4th Round is where I am currently. Awaiting a replay after drawing 4-4 away at Man City.

Champions league was Easy in Group - Ajax, Union saint Gilloise and Bayer 04 - Topped with 5 wins from 6. Just the loss against Bayer away when I played mainly the 2nd string. Barcelona await in Round of 16

The league eventually turned into a bit of a breeze. 89 points takes the title ahead of Man City by 14 points. Arsenal in 3rd and Man Utd took 4th.

Strolled through to the Carabao cup Final where Man City were no match in an eventual 3-1 win. 

FA Cup - The replay against City proved to be a simple task. A 2-0 win courtesy of 2 headers from VVD secured the win. From there on in it was simple case of dispatching Blackpool, Brighton, Wolves in extra time to setup a final against Aston Villa. Villa sent out a strong team while I sent out the backups and those in need of games. A bore draw in normal time followed up by a similar ET period led to pens. Kelleher saved 2 pens giving us a 4-3 win

Champions league. Barca came and got dispatched 4-2 on Agg. Next up came the mighty PSG. A massive 7-1 win at Anfield where we were 4-0 up within the first 15 mins proved more than enough despite losing the 2nd leg 2-1. Old foes Man City were next to be dispatched. 2-2 at the Emptihad followed up with a 4-1 Anfield win took us through to the final and the scenes of The single best comeback in Champions league history - Turkey - Ataturk Stadium to face Inter Milan. Inter proved to be no match where we spanked them 5-0

Salah finished the season with 55 goals in all comps, VVD had 29 goals one of them a volley from edge of area that nestled in top corner. Should have been goal of the season!

Trent finished season with 41 assists in all comps. Robbo had 16 and Gakpo with 18.

Season 2 upcoming.. Already settled on a few transfers.

Incoming :

Jude Bellingham triggered his full release of £87m and paid it all upfront.

Alejandro Balde was listed at Barca - He joins for £20m upfront & £11m in installments.

Nicolo Zaniolo joins from Galatasaray for £16m + £3.2m in clauses.

Bids submitted for Ilia Zabarnyi - £11.5m (Hopefully he has a good potential, If not then he'll sell for profit in a season or 2) 

Outgoing:

Diogo Jota - Real Madrid £60m

Bobby Firmino - Juventus £37m

Have listed Matip, Thiago, Keita and Tsimikas but no luck selling just yet.

However Keita is in discussions for a move to Inter (Despite not being interested) £25m plus Nicolo Barella who is listed!! I'll take that if Keita agrees a deal! 

Summer window done and dusted..

Transfers in were exactly as stated in post Above : Bellingham £87m, Alejandro Balde £31m, Illia Zabarnyi £11m and Nicolo Barella P/EX - Total £129m

Transfers out were : Anderson Arroyo £1.8m which was his clause in his loan, Jota £60m, Keita £25m + Barella, Firmino £37m, Tsimikas £30m, Matip £25m as well as Releasing almost all the U21 and U18.

Of those that stayed a few went out on loan while a couple that made the summer cut ended up sold in January - Total £183m

Tried my hardest to sell Thiago but no one would take him off my hands. Even at a reduced price of £10m 

Charity Shield we beat City again 2-1. An experimental side consisting of some youth and a few senior stars somehow snagged a win despite being under great duress for majority of the match.

Into the Carabao Cup final. We have beat Leicester, Millwall, Wolves and Arsenal and will face surprise finalists Bournemouth

Champions league. We coasted through our group which consisted of Milan, Atletico Madrid and Young Boys. We face Lazio in the last 16

League - Despite not feeling as consistent as we were last season we are currently top after 26 games with 6 draws and 1 loss on the Record to Chelsea a 4-2 loss away from home where we had to field a couple of players that weren't match ready (At this point I was missing both LB's, Trent & Fabinho had to play despite only just recovered from injury, Salah was out and had to field Gomez at LB who got roasted the whole game by Sterling!)

On 06/04/2023 at 03:43, kopfan1977 said:

The league eventually turned into a bit of a breeze. 89 points takes the title ahead of Man City by 14 points. Arsenal in 3rd and Man Utd took 4th.

Strolled through to the Carabao cup Final where Man City were no match in an eventual 3-1 win. 

FA Cup - The replay against City proved to be a simple task. A 2-0 win courtesy of 2 headers from VVD secured the win. From there on in it was simple case of dispatching Blackpool, Brighton, Wolves in extra time to setup a final against Aston Villa. Villa sent out a strong team while I sent out the backups and those in need of games. A bore draw in normal time followed up by a similar ET period led to pens. Kelleher saved 2 pens giving us a 4-3 win

Champions league. Barca came and got dispatched 4-2 on Agg. Next up came the mighty PSG. A massive 7-1 win at Anfield where we were 4-0 up within the first 15 mins proved more than enough despite losing the 2nd leg 2-1. Old foes Man City were next to be dispatched. 2-2 at the Emptihad followed up with a 4-1 Anfield win took us through to the final and the scenes of The single best comeback in Champions league history - Turkey - Ataturk Stadium to face Inter Milan. Inter proved to be no match where we spanked them 5-0

Salah finished the season with 55 goals in all comps, VVD had 29 goals one of them a volley from edge of area that nestled in top corner. Should have been goal of the season!

Trent finished season with 41 assists in all comps. Robbo had 16 and Gakpo with 18.

Season 2 upcoming.. Already settled on a few transfers.

Incoming :

Jude Bellingham triggered his full release of £87m and paid it all upfront.

Alejandro Balde was listed at Barca - He joins for £20m upfront & £11m in installments.

Nicolo Zaniolo joins from Galatasaray for £16m + £3.2m in clauses.

Bids submitted for Ilia Zabarnyi - £11.5m (Hopefully he has a good potential, If not then he'll sell for profit in a season or 2) 

Outgoing:

Diogo Jota - Real Madrid £60m

Bobby Firmino - Juventus £37m

Have listed Matip, Thiago, Keita and Tsimikas but no luck selling just yet.

However Keita is in discussions for a move to Inter (Despite not being interested) £25m plus Nicolo Barella who is listed!! I'll take that if Keita agrees a deal! 

What tactic are you using?

34 minutes ago, trym.jorg said:

What tactic are you using?

3 different ones. Dependant on opposition/Player availability 

Main Tactic is a 4-2-1-3 - 2 Segundo Volante with a Mezzala in front of them. 2 Shadow strikers and 1 Striker.

2nd Tactic is a more attacking 4-2-3-1 - A HB beside a combo of DM/Or Segundo Volante (dependant on quality of opposition) with 2 Shadow Strikers with an AM on support sandwiched between topped off with the customary single striker

3rd Tactic is a 4-1-2-1-2 Boxed Diamond - HB behind a BWM and Mezzala/CM on Attack. Infront of those is 1 shadow striker with an AF and DLF combo upfront. Nunez usually the DLF

Completed season 1 missed out on winning the league by 3 pts that went to Man City lost early in the Fa cup champions league lost to Real Madrid in the last 8 but managed to win the Carabao cup Nunez was my top scorer with 39 goals Salah also got 29 goals will post a review later on

Review season 1 

League:2nd 

Fa cup:Rd 4 

League cup:won

Champions league:q/f 

Was leading the league with 2 games to go on GD then lost a home game to Arsenal & Man City won both games Nunez scored 39 goals & Salah got 29 will reshape my midfield in season 2 

On 09/04/2023 at 01:19, ThanatosAFC said:

Btw who needs Bellingham when you can get Alex Scott for £10 mil, what a bargain. Also bought Luka susic for £15 mil and loaned him back out. Those 2 and Bajcetic will be the future in midield.

Alex scott is one of my favourite gets on this years FM. really good player but you can have both him and bellingham in the same midfield. plus scott can play in the AM role. but he's definitely a must buy for me