Corners

One of my Achilles heels in FM2021 is corners, both defending and attacking (freekicks too but less).

I have noticed during a friendly, that the 5 opponent players (highlighted in red), are close to the 6 yard box and all around my 3 defenders.

3 of the rest of my players are defending behind their attackers and as a result, there are not well marked and I actually conceded here (scorer pointed with black arrow), with their scorer scoring an easy goal, totally unmarked.

When I take an attacking corner, all my players are alligned at the the edge of area, too far from the 6 yards box and they barely do (or have time to do) any offensive move towards the goal.corner.jpg.1d464eb922966a91da3b1e53d864f987.jpg

You're probably thinking that I can set all these things up in the tactics, which I have repeatidly reviewed, with no difference.

The only think I can think off is, that they need more training on both defending and attacking corners, which I do (2-3 times per month each), or that they don't have the intelligence to execute what they learn in trainning.

Any suggestions?

PS: This is the second team I take over. In the first one, they seemed to be really good in both defending and attacking corners, without  much effort.

This is probably because they are set to zonal marking. If you want more man-to-man security in and around corners, set them to man-marking.

If this does not work then it must be down to the decisions, anticipation, off the ball or concentration of your players. It may even come down to the aerial technical ability of your players

On 28/10/2022 at 16:15, Millz53 said:

This is probably because they are set to zonal marking. If you want more man-to-man security in and around corners, set them to man-marking.

If this does not work then it must be down to the decisions, anticipation, off the ball or concentration of your players. It may even come down to the aerial technical ability of your players

i ACTUALLY MADE SOME CHANGES, LIKE 3 PAYERS ARE NOW ON THE 6 YARDS BOX AND THE REST AMN-2-MAN