[FM23] The Haaland - De Bruyne combo is ridiculous

So I played a full season with Man City for the sole purpose of seeing how many goals I could get out of Haaland. Needless to say, the results were disturbing.

Haaland not only destroyed Shearer and Cole's record for premier league goals in a single season, but he destroyed Messi's record for total goals in a season:

2084670331_ErlingHaaland_Attributes.thumb.png.da9beff6848cdd0ee0b9e9ef6a737cb5.png

His sole failure this season was the champions league (still got a respectable 10 goals though). We were eliminated in the semi-final.

Meanwhile, De Bruyne set assist records,

248958622_KevinDeBruyne_Attributes.thumb.png.f7101f180f320d3bd70ae32394f06fe9.png

Despite their impressive efforts, I wasn't able to win the league... This is a ridiculous state of affairs:

1200217048_EnglishPremierDivision_Stages-2.thumb.png.d3700b15f822428d61ad995486384ac6.png

Liverpool are too overpowered, lol. On the bright side, I beat them in the Community Shield, the Carabao Cup final, and the FA Cup final.

Anyone else had ridiculous stats like these? I think the only time I've had a player with more goals than this in a season was with Messi back in FM13.

At any rate, it was a lot of fun coaxing as many goals as I could out of Haaland 😅Got lucky though - he only got injured once, during an international break, and it was a short injury so it didn't affect club games. De Bruyne got injured during a game once but again it was a short one, so he only missed one league game.

I think he has 17 goals so far in 11 games so thats about 1.5 goals per game irl. Should he continue at this rate then playing the same 62 games irl he has in your FM screen shot then we would expect irl around 94 so I'd say he is well on track irl to match what you simulated in FM

11 minutes ago, Iggy Hassan said:

Always people posting about the game being too easy when they play as Liverpool or Manchester City.

You do know that the game has a built-in difficulty level? I.e. start a game as Exeter or Oldham. 

You misinterpreted my post. I wasn't moaning about it being "too easy". I was just messing around with that save (I'm not playing for more than the first season) to see how many goals I could get out of Haaland. It wasn't a criticism of the game being easy. Obviously playing as Man City is going to be a breeze! Just wanted to have a bit of goalscoring fun before settling into any long term save 😅

36 minutes ago, TokyoBlade said:

You misinterpreted my post. I wasn't moaning about it being "too easy". I was just messing around with that save (I'm not playing for more than the first season) to see how many goals I could get out of Haaland. It wasn't a criticism of the game being easy. Obviously playing as Man City is going to be a breeze! Just wanted to have a bit of goalscoring fun before settling into any long term save 😅

Sorry. I stand corrected 

2 hours ago, Iggy Hassan said:

Always people posting about the game being too easy when they play as Liverpool or Manchester City.

You do know that the game has a built-in difficulty level? I.e. start a game as Exeter or Oldham. 

This is always an idiotic point of view, you think Klopp finds it easy at Liverpool at the moment? He’s won one league title in seven seasons

23 minutes ago, Tbarnes88 said:

Even AI controlled he is insane. I set up my tactic to get Isak to get as many goals as possible and didn't even come close.

image.png.5e6e568d8fceb608036d9c18eb0230a8.png

Wow, AI Man City gets 54 goals out of him? Madness! The guy is obviously broken 😅

But those 46 goals for Isak is an impressive achievement! Crazy that with Haaland around that's still not enough to win the top scorer awards.

4 hours ago, Iggy Hassan said:

Does that mean Guardiola and Klopp don’t see their job as a challenge?

It should be more of a challenge at the top. 

25 minutes ago, TokyoBlade said:

Wow, AI Man City gets 54 goals out of him? Madness! The guy is obviously broken 😅

But those 46 goals for Isak is an impressive achievement! Crazy that with Haaland around that's still not enough to win the top scorer awards.

I know right! I would agree that he's broken but for the fact he's doing it in real life :lol: Previous FM's I've struggled to see any AI top scorers getting more than 20-25 (including Haaland). 

The long balls in the ME were intentionally introduced to facilitate Haaland to score 50+ goals a season... Without this flaw in the ME I am 100% sure he wouldn't score so much. Isak scoring 46 proves my theory. Man City are also an official partner this year.

Of course, SI will come out and tell me I'm wrong and the ME is realistic because Haaland is scoring like irl. But look at the other strikers when played in a similar tactic, they are scoring for fun if they have good passers around.

Edited by Vali184

2 hours ago, Iggy Hassan said:

You can't catch a break making this game. It's either too easy or too difficult. I've noticed the moaners about it being too easy are playing as Liverpool or Manchester City. Try playing as Bradford city then tell us it's too easy. 

Always the same crap reasoning. 

Its 'harder' with a bottom team for the first season, then because the AI is awful, its easy and you win the league 456823 times in a row. Again, does Klopp, Ten Haag, or Pep find it EASY in real life? No. 

16 minutes ago, SeaCarrot said:

Always the same crap reasoning. 

Its 'harder' with a bottom team for the first season, then because the AI is awful, its easy and you win the league 456823 times in a row. Again, does Klopp, Ten Haag, or Pep find it EASY in real life? No. 

I have edited your post- you can make your point without using that type of language so no more please.

5 hours ago, Iggy Hassan said:

You can't catch a break making this game. It's either too easy or too difficult. I've noticed the moaners about it being too easy are playing as Liverpool or Manchester City. Try playing as Bradford city then tell us it's too easy. 

In the last five years, I don't recall seeing the "Too Difficult" thread...

Taking non-league teams to the top level in back-to-back promotions throughout the season does not have anything to do with Liverpool and Man City...

Give the user modifiers to go along with the other pre-setup options. Would you like to see more injuries? Increase it, want less? Decrease it. Slow cohesion? Increase it, etc. Everyone can enjoy the game how they like instead of SI adding in fluff features that don't have any real effect so that they won't get complaints from users who do not like it and rather ignore it.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

14 hours ago, TokyoBlade said:

So I played a full season with Man City for the sole purpose of seeing how many goals I could get out of Haaland. Needless to say, the results were disturbing.

Haaland not only destroyed Shearer and Cole's record for premier league goals in a single season, but he destroyed Messi's record for total goals in a season:

2084670331_ErlingHaaland_Attributes.thumb.png.da9beff6848cdd0ee0b9e9ef6a737cb5.png

His sole failure this season was the champions league (still got a respectable 10 goals though). We were eliminated in the semi-final.

Meanwhile, De Bruyne set assist records,

248958622_KevinDeBruyne_Attributes.thumb.png.f7101f180f320d3bd70ae32394f06fe9.png

Despite their impressive efforts, I wasn't able to win the league... This is a ridiculous state of affairs:

1200217048_EnglishPremierDivision_Stages-2.thumb.png.d3700b15f822428d61ad995486384ac6.png

Liverpool are too overpowered, lol. On the bright side, I beat them in the Community Shield, the Carabao Cup final, and the FA Cup final.

Anyone else had ridiculous stats like these? I think the only time I've had a player with more goals than this in a season was with Messi back in FM13.

At any rate, it was a lot of fun coaxing as many goals as I could out of Haaland 😅Got lucky though - he only got injured once, during an international break, and it was a short injury so it didn't affect club games. De Bruyne got injured during a game once but again it was a short one, so he only missed one league game.

Did you play on full detail ? The results differ if you didnt

I've started a Man City save just to see how many I can get him to score, however, I seem to have got the wrong Haaland as he is injured!! Mind you the replacement Alvarez is knocking in the goals for the team...

Same as in FM22.

I had Haaland and either Sesko or Mbappe up front for Man City (Haaland as AF and the other as DLF) with De Bruyne as left sided WM and taking corners... for 6 consecutive seasons Haaland scored over 100 goals and De Bruyne hit 35-40 assists... Think I've accidently delete the save, if not I'll post some pics.

I have no idea why people are complaining about this. I had a striker score 51 goals in one season in all competition with a simple 442.

if he keeps scoring at the rate he is right now he’s definitely going to reach those numbers 

The fact that this can happen is a good thing, no? I remember a few years back it was impossible to get strikers scoring much at all. As others have said though it seems very much realistic based on how they are both combining in real life at the moment anyway.

Il 23/10/2022 in 18:06 , Iggy Hassan ha scritto:

Sure, IRL top clubs pay so much Guardiola, Klopp & co for charitable spirit

I'm a lower league manager, but I'm watching YouTube creators playing FM23, most of whom are choosing top teams - which is fine if you're checking out the animations and match engine improvements and things like that. It's clear from those who are managing City as well as other PL sides that Haaland is pretty much a game breaker - as he is with fantasy football and the real thing at the moment. Ominously, he appears to be happy to spend his whole career at City too!