[FM23] How to adjust font sizes, their correct alignment on screen and a few doubts

lugui

Hello there,

I'm looking to make four changes and I've been having difficulties with some of them, any help would be very welcome and grateful! I tried to compile them into the same image to make it easier:

1- Here, I'm trying to understand which file and part of the code I can adjust to avoid this cut at the bottom of the FAMILIARITY & INTENSITY bars.

2- I changed the font in the base skin and in that case, I would like to pull up even if just a little the line below the title in caps. File and/or code.

3- The same question as above, now to adjust the writing for the player roles. I would like to pull them up and maybe increase the font size. File and/or code.

4- If possible, put the FACES of the reserve players on the bench. Whether removing the kit or even leaving it. I was pointed it must be something in subs bench panel, here's what I have, but I don't know what to add to get it.

Sorry for so many questions or if something is not clear, getting a little light on any of them would help a lot. I'm interested in learning more and since the last edition of the game the whole exchange on this forum has helped me a lot in this.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.4445e8c392847e2a36d2893d64c4bacb.png

subs bench panel.xml

6 hours ago, lugui said:

Hello there,

I'm looking to make four changes and I've been having difficulties with some of them, any help would be very welcome and grateful! I tried to compile them into the same image to make it easier:

1- Here, I'm trying to understand which file and part of the code I can adjust to avoid this cut at the bottom of the FAMILIARITY & INTENSITY bars.

2- I changed the font in the base skin and in that case, I would like to pull up even if just a little the line below the title in caps. File and/or code.

3- The same question as above, now to adjust the writing for the player roles. I would like to pull them up and maybe increase the font size. File and/or code.

4- If possible, put the FACES of the reserve players on the bench. Whether removing the kit or even leaving it. I was pointed it must be something in subs bench panel, here's what I have, but I don't know what to add to get it.

Sorry for so many questions or if something is not clear, getting a little light on any of them would help a lot. I'm interested in learning more and since the last edition of the game the whole exchange on this forum has helped me a lot in this.

Thanks in advance.

image.png.4445e8c392847e2a36d2893d64c4bacb.png

subs bench panel.xml 1.48 kB · 0 downloads

Hey @lugui

1 - I don't understand when you say the "cut" at the bottm - but this file controls everything in this image or the overlay and have a few underlying pages - "tactics/tactics overview side panel.xml

2 - i believe it's the - "generic/titlebar search panel.xml" - but not 100 sure as it could just aswell be "client_object/client object browser.xml"

3 - is "tactics(tactics icon info panel overview.xml"

4 - should be possible, but replacing the kit code with a face code

hope some of it helps

11 horas atrás, snowofman disse:

Hey @lugui

1 - I don't understand when you say the "cut" at the bottm - but this file controls everything in this image or the overlay and have a few underlying pages - "tactics/tactics overview side panel.xml

2 - i believe it's the - "generic/titlebar search panel.xml" - but not 100 sure as it could just aswell be "client_object/client object browser.xml"

hope some of it helps

Thanks again for the help, mate. You always there when I need it, I appreciate it.

I'll try the adjustments when I'm home, if you don't mind us continuing to exchange information and me tagging you here.

2 hours ago, lugui said:

Thanks again for the help, mate. You always there when I need it, I appreciate it.

I'll try the adjustments when I'm home, if you don't mind us continuing to exchange information and me tagging you here.

you welcome and if i can help. you're more then welcome to tag me :)

no promises that i can answer everything... or i know i can't, just saying

Em 24/10/2022 em 02:21, snowofman disse:

Hey @lugui

hope some of it helps

Em 24/10/2022 em 16:39, snowofman disse:

you welcome and if i can help. you're more then welcome to tag me :)

no promises that i can answer everything... or i know i can't, just saying

Hi @snowofman, once again, thanks for your assistance so far. I finally had some time and was able to test your suggestions, with mixed results. I'll share it below in more detail, in case it helps someone:

1- I tested the mentioned file and got the result I wanted, increasing the "height" values in the lines below. This got those bars for familiarity & intensity back to what I wanted.

<container class="tactic_slot_tab_container" entity_layout_id="it17" file="tactics/tactic slot tab container intensity" id="tstI" width="100" height="40" name="Intensity">

<container class="tactic_slot_tab_container" entity_layout_id="it06" file="tactics/tactic slot tab container familiarity" id="tstf" width="100" height="40" name="Familiarity">

2- Indeed, generic/titlebar search panel.xml is the correct file. I was able to fix the alignment to my liking and I even learned to edit the font size, colours and style!

3- Still having trouble adjusting that part, unfortunately. As you can see in the image below, messing with tactics icon info panel overview.xlm, in the code snippet below, I even managed to increase the font size to role/dutty, but I still couldn't center them and make them aesthetically "normal" . Note that it's cutting off the bottom part of the text. Do you have any suggestions in this regard?

image.png.114c96d29460b48fcd763735c099e2ea.png

4- I couldn't in any way edit the code and make it work. I leave what I have below, if you have any suggestions or can point out where I'm going wrong, please.

Once again, thanks for your time and help!

subs bench icon panel.xml subs bench panel.xml

Edited by lugui

8 hours ago, lugui said:

Hi @snowofman, once again, thanks for your assistance so far. I finally had some time and was able to test your suggestions, with mixed results. I'll share it below in more detail, in case it helps someone:

1- I tested the mentioned file and got the result I wanted, increasing the "height" values in the lines below. This got those bars for familiarity & intensity back to what I wanted.

<container class="tactic_slot_tab_container" entity_layout_id="it17" file="tactics/tactic slot tab container intensity" id="tstI" width="100" height="40" name="Intensity">

<container class="tactic_slot_tab_container" entity_layout_id="it06" file="tactics/tactic slot tab container familiarity" id="tstf" width="100" height="40" name="Familiarity">

2- Indeed, generic/titlebar search panel.xml is the correct file. I was able to fix the alignment to my liking and I even learned to edit the font size, colours and style!

3- Still having trouble adjusting that part, unfortunately. As you can see in the image below, messing with tactics icon info panel overview.xlm, in the code snippet below, I even managed to increase the font size to role/dutty, but I still couldn't center them and make them aesthetically "normal" . Note that it's cutting off the bottom part of the text. Do you have any suggestions in this regard?

4- I couldn't in any way edit the code and make it work. I leave what I have below, if you have any suggestions or can point out where I'm going wrong, please.

subs bench icon panel.xml 499 B · 0 downloads subs bench panel.xml 1.48 kB · 0 downloads

1 & 2)  - Very nice

3) the way i moved the role/duty up was with inset="-3"

in the layout line above <!-- role/duty--> widget in mine it's line 56

I havnt managed to get it Horizontal aligned, either because i forgot or gave up (i'll look into it tomorrow after som sleep, it's 5:51 am  here)

4) i'll take a look at this aswell, later today

edit: typo's

Edited by snowofman

9 hours ago, lugui said:

subs bench icon panel.xml 499 B · 2 downloads subs bench panel.xml 1.48 kB · 2 downloads

So the shirts on the bench boils down to a single ID "icns" as you probably already found out

no matter how i try and fiddle with it, it's not letting me change to faces either

and the alignment of the role/duty, same as above, nothing allow me to move. probably why i never get back to it

so, not much help i know. Maybe someone with more knowledge has an answer for you - crossing fingers

Em 27/10/2022 em 00:52, snowofman disse:

1 & 2)  - Very nice

3) the way i moved the role/duty up was with inset="-3"

in the layout line above <!-- role/duty--> widget in mine it's line 56

I havnt managed to get it Horizontal aligned, either because i forgot or gave up (i'll look into it tomorrow after som sleep, it's 5:51 am  here)

4) i'll take a look at this aswell, later today

edit: typo's

Em 27/10/2022 em 07:36, snowofman disse:

So the shirts on the bench boils down to a single ID "icns" as you probably already found out

no matter how i try and fiddle with it, it's not letting me change to faces either

and the alignment of the role/duty, same as above, nothing allow me to move. probably why i never get back to it

so, not much help i know. Maybe someone with more knowledge has an answer for you - crossing fingers

Hi man, got #3 adjusted, thanks to your tip again. It turned out that for me, inset="-4" solved the issue. I would like to make the text for role/duty more centralized, but I couldn't, even though I messed with other parts of the code a lot. Anyway, I was satisfied as it is in the image below.

image.png.db70fcc049000276988a5518ae0edf22.png

As for #4, the faces on the bench players, no worries. It would be a nice addition, but I can totally live without it. 

Once again, thanks for you help, I was able to learn a lot and get what I was looking for.

5 hours ago, lugui said:

Hi man, got #3 adjusted, thanks to your tip again. It turned out that for me, inset="-4" solved the issue. I would like to make the text for role/duty more centralized, but I couldn't, even though I messed with other parts of the code a lot. Anyway, I was satisfied as it is in the image below.

image.png.db70fcc049000276988a5518ae0edf22.png

As for #4, the faces on the bench players, no worries. It would be a nice addition, but I can totally live without it. 

Once again, thanks for you help, I was able to learn a lot and get what I was looking for.

you're welcome and glad you are happy with the outcome, it looks good.

i didnt manage to centralize it either, nor have i seen any skin that has.