Faces in team talk and on bottom bar on match screen

seagull84

Hi all,

Bit of an amateur at this but I've been dabbling with taking little bits of other skins and putting them into the base skin.

Would be massively grateful if anyone could share the relevant files to have faces on the team talk screen and also for the players in the match screen (Along the bottom) 

Thanks in advance 

I've been dabbling with taking little bits of other skins and putting them into the base skin

Would be massively grateful if anyone could share the relevant files

So i'm abit confused here, which one is it ?

Are you taking stuff from other skins or are you asking skin makers to provide stuff for you for your skin?

i don't mind helping ppl out and help then in there way through skinning, but they ( you ) have to do the leg work,

This is ofc all on me and my opinion.

I'm a bit confused myself now...!

I'm not making a skin more just using little cool bits I see on here to improve my experience .

I download the base skin and then just use some files that get posted to improve it (ie I've got faces on the tactics screen and making the player faces bigger) so nothing fancy at all and I have no idea of the coding.

I've seen people have faces on the team talk page and on the match screen and would love that so just asking if anyone could share the file how they've made that happen so I can put into my game.

hope that makes sense, and do appreciate I'm asking for help/ other people's work but absolutely no intention to pass it off or publish anything

Edited by seagull84

16 minutes ago, seagull84 said:

I'm a bit confused myself now...!

I'm not making a skin more just using little cool bits I see on here to improve my experience .

I download the base skin and then just use some files that get posted to improve it (ie I've got faces on the tactics screen and making the player faces bigger) so nothing fancy at all and I have no idea of the coding.

I've seen people have faces on the team talk page and on the match screen and would love that so just asking if anyone could share the file how they've made that happen so I can put into my game.

hope that makes sense, and do appreciate I'm asking for help/ other people's work but absolutely no intention to pass it off or publish anything

Probably just me reading it wrong, my bad.

i would recommend you to install the Resource archiver 22 from steam, with that you can open the fmf files most skins are packed with today

then you can look for the panels, pages etc you wanna use in your personal skin

this way you have done majority of the work and it's never a bad thing asking for help if you get stuck, thats why we are here after all. To get help and provide help etc

it might be abit scary and confusing at start, but after a little while you'll get the hang of it and will learn to navigate around the different files.

but in this process you'll learn something and be more proud of the work you've done, even if it's the smallest things like picking a panel from another skin and make it work in your own, after that you'll focus on getting it to look good aswell

i hope it makes sense and again, this is all my opinion and i can only speak for myself.

following your advice and with mixed success I've managed to start understanding the language and capability within the code.... I've managed to get the faces into the team talk page (which I was pretty proud of) but I can't for the life of me get the faces in a place that doesn't cover anything else.

In the centre it looks dumb, on the right it covers the rating (the most important part of the screen) and on the left it looks messy - anyone got any ideas? Ideally the faces would sit centre right (just before the rating) or faces sit extreme right with the rating then moved into the middle.

Or if anyone has a file with it all looking neat and tidy with faces on the team talk page that would be really appreciated!

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 14.31.37.png

1 minute ago, seagull84 said:

following your advice and with mixed success I've managed to start understanding the language and capability within the code.... I've managed to get the faces into the team talk page (which I was pretty proud of) but I can't for the life of me get the faces in a place that doesn't cover anything else.

In the centre it looks dumb, on the right it covers the rating (the most important part of the screen) and on the left it looks messy - anyone got any ideas? Ideally the faces would sit centre right (just before the rating) or faces sit extreme right with the rating then moved into the middle.

Or if anyone has a file with it all looking neat and tidy with faces on the team talk page that would be really appreciated!

Spoiler

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 14.31.37.png

Nice :)

you need to wrap it in a <container> so you have the player face in the 1st and the rest in the 2nd

<container>
  <layout class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_layout="50,-1" />

player face widget

the default stuff widget

</container>

this may be a bit complex for me!

So could that bit of coding go at the end of my match team talk person info file (below) or would I need to find all the bits I want to move and wrap them in a <container>?

I may be getting out of my depth here! 

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 14.53.55.png

27 minutes ago, seagull84 said:

this may be a bit complex for me!

So could that bit of coding go at the end of my match team talk person info file (below) or would I need to find all the bits I want to move and wrap them in a <container>?

I may be getting out of my depth here! 

Spoiler

Screenshot 2022-10-27 at 14.53.55.png

Take a look at this file. it will give you what you want and at the same time let you figure out what you've missed in your own attempt

as i said, nothing wrong with asking for help if one get stuck, you are on the right path and with more tries and more errors it will get easier. 

all credit to @keysi for the file from last year

match team talk person info panel.xml