FM23 difficulty

4 hours ago, thehig2 said:

At first I didn't believe this, been trying low block with ok results but I believed SI in thinking gegenpress wasn't so overpowered now. 

Decided to change my tactic to push up further, close down more, step up, counter press etc. 

As Everton went on a run of 5 wins in 6 beating Liverpool, Arsenal & City along the way lol.

Seems to be less thought needed into the tactic if you go gegenpress as it works too well.

I've just started another save with Kettering Town in the vanarama North, predicted to finish rock bottom 20 games in and sitting in 3rd spot, it's crazy how part time players can play gegenpress to such a high standard. 

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Weller1980 said:

I've just started another save with Kettering Town in the vanarama North, predicted to finish rock bottom 20 games in and sitting in 3rd spot, it's crazy how part time players can play gegenpress to such a high standard. 

you have me picturing Kettering Town Gegen Pressing like a prime Jurgen Klopp team now lol

1 hour ago, Weller1980 said:

Should be a lot of miss tackles and caught out of position going on.

Funny, how there is another thread about FM 23 being too difficult ;-)

I switched Gegenpress off and it worked wonders. Not winning games anymore with 3-0, 4-0. They are close now and I am even loosing some. A bit of a shame that there is such an easy cheat mode...and actually has been for years. But what the heck...at least the game is enjoyable now!

18 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

I dont think blaming the ME is the right approach if you're losing 7 games in a row with Man City...

I think the overall match engine is very good and I enjoy the variety of play etc. lots of positives, but why can't gegenpress style of play be better balanced and why dont the DEVS elaborate on the problem and talk about what they're trying to do to fix it.  It's been an issue since the day it was introduced. 

6 hours ago, fuchan3 said:

Funny, how there is another thread about FM 23 being too difficult ;-)

I switched Gegenpress off and it worked wonders. Not winning games anymore with 3-0, 4-0. They are close now and I am even loosing some. A bit of a shame that there is such an easy cheat mode...and actually has been for years. But what the heck...at least the game is enjoyable now!

Sorry if this is a silly question but what is gegenpress?

Also the game should be enjoyable whatever tactic you use. One tactic shouldn't be grossly overpowered and ruin the game.

2 hours ago, SergeiG said:

I just noticed how the transfer market AI is so poor, Miles worst than previous versions of FM. it makes the game very easy.

2-3 seasons with 50 million pound budget and you set with a team of superstars.

A larger database helps but I’m at the point where I only bring in transfers by using the transfer target feature with the DOF and only go after players that were scouted.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

5 hours ago, Weller1980 said:

I think the overall match engine is very good and I enjoy the variety of play etc. lots of positives, but why can't gegenpress style of play be better balanced and why dont the DEVS elaborate on the problem and talk about what they're trying to do to fix it.  It's been an issue since the day it was introduced. 

A lot of it has to do with the way the AI squad handles their fatigue players. They don’t rotate squads as much as they should. Maybe something like this could be raised in the big tracker. 

Edited by Mars_Blackmon