As a B Team, how to give minutes to first team players

So I started FM23 unemployed, and the only job I can get is Alcorcon B. One of the objectives is to give minutes to first team players. I can't see any option to select players from the first team and the board are devasted that I've not used any first team players. Am I missing something? Is there a way to select first team players?

I'm managing a B team at the moment in FM21. What happens is the First Team manager announces he'd like you to give a start to Player X the day before or day of the game. As it's the Board's primary vision, it's not a good idea to ignore it too often.

Most frustratingly, the First Team manager can call up players from your squad into the first team on the day of the match without bothering to inform you, can might even sell them from under your nose!

This is my second attempt at managing this team - first time I abandoned it at the end of pre-season when the Board were outraged I'd reneged on your order while none of my players had been called up to the First Team, like you're experiencing. Second time I went a bit further and the issue kicked in when the First Team's competitive season began.