[FM23] 5TATMAN (Version 5.0 - Updated 17.09.23)

_Ben_

28 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

like him for example, i can see that he's an okay technically (misspelled btw - techician / techNichian), good in the air, strong, composed

How have I got this far without noticing that one?!

28 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

for ai controlled players (not in my club) how can i see their defensive attributes? or even the approximation of them?

You can't - for the short answer. I wanted to then look at scout reports to back that up - by taking only those things that are clearly evident to you from a first glance. It also ties in with there being six outfield and six keeping attributes in that space but I'm open to suggestions about what else could go there? My original plan was to be somewhat opposite with them. I also tried to stay away from the actual attribute name to create a more rounded descriptor of them, although that has not always been the case.

Awareness (Positioning) | Movement (OtB) would make this:

ea3c5ea9cf9d9fd41c13a9835458e1e5.png

---

Would love some suggestions but knowing that I have to mirror (or at least, keep the same amount) of goalkeeper attributes here.

Edited by _Ben_

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Positioning and Movement for defensive and offensive

Awareness maybe ties into anticipation, composure as well logically speaking

for goalkeeping maybe add communication or throwing in addition to adding positioning? kicking is already there so it makes sense, as well as command of area

Edited by -Jef-

14 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

How have I got this far without noticing that one?!

You can't - for the short answer. I wanted to then look at scout reports to back that up - by taking only those things that are clearly evident to you from a first glance. It also ties in with there being six outfield and six keeping attributes in that space but I'm open to suggestions about what else could go there? My original plan was to be somewhat opposite with them. I also tried to stay away from the actual attribute name to create a more rounded descriptor of them, although that has not always been the case.

Awareness (Positioning) | Movement (OtB) would make this:

ea3c5ea9cf9d9fd41c13a9835458e1e5.png

---

Would love some suggestions but knowing that I have to mirror (or at least, keep the same amount) of goalkeeper attributes here.

Rushing out can be an option for GKs

14 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Maybe Positioning and Movement for defensive and offensive

Awareness maybe ties into anticipation, composure as well logically speaking

for goalkeeping maybe add communication or throwing in addition to adding positioning? kicking is already there so it makes sense, as well as command of area

13 minutes ago, deniz said:

Rushing out can be an option for GKs

Thanks both.

I want to settle on a) the names for these. As I said - I wanted to go for player types rather than just attributes. Maybe passing should be called playmaking: it's vague and lots of other things fit into that category but that is exactly what it's meant to be - vague and b) settle on the order of them. What is opposite to what.

4dbd6a8f383d6606dcf8b67cb10877a5.png 862703c97ec2d6f7c1e58f1dca33a230.png

Got a little more defensive structure in there.

Can you guess what position the player, on the right, is? That's the real acid test here, I guess!

EDIT: Physical at the bottom needs to be renamed, too!

Edited by _Ben_

In a way, if you add any more it will be (if it is not already) telling us at least as much as about our own players, at least when using the range/threshold option there (with the different coloured/sized icons), though admittedly i made those more vague manually (graphics, tcs, icons and then edit xml + replace some icons with other sized ones).

Is there a way i could do sth similar with this 1-10 scale (5 half buttons) btw?  Maybe reduce it to 1-8 or even 1-5, so that every half star stands for 4 attribute points potentially rather than 2? Or make certain half stars contain more ratings? (like say 5 not being 19+20 but 17-20). If so, could you give a hint for the folder to look at? 

EDIT:  I found it in tcs/icons/attribute circles (and inverted circles) :)

Edited by Marinho

30 minutes ago, Marinho said:

In a way, if you add any more it will be (if it is not already) telling us at least as much as about our own players, at least when using the range/threshold option there (with the different coloured/sized icons), though admittedly i made those more vague manually (graphics, tcs, icons and then edit xml + replace some icons with other sized ones).

Is there a way i could do sth similar with this 1-10 scale (5 half buttons) btw?  Maybe reduce it to 1-8 or even 1-5, so that every half star stands for 4 attribute points potentially rather than 2? Or make certain half stars contain more ratings? (like say 5 not being 19+20 but 17-20). If so, could you give a hint for the folder to look at? 

Absolutely. I don't want to show too much as that is the whole point of the AI profile panel.

I have circles already used elsewhere that indicate a range of 4 attribute points, like this:

f35559c322c4f1a45ffcc4b908a2cc51.png

I can resize these quite easily but it's now quite vague. They are in the metrics icon folder. What do you think?

16 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

@_Ben_yeah i get what you're going for. Maybe organization for positioning?

right one is a defensive or central mid

Yeah, could be!

He's actually a left back but that's perfect - you can't really tell!

18 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Yeah, could be!

He's actually a left back but that's perfect - you can't really tell!

Well he sucks as a left back - slow, weak, no heading. :D

Also, I'm sure it was already asked here

any way to change colors of the circles? Are they in different places for all the different panels?

Also, Training in player profile is underutilized as it seems, no? Cannot see progress, can't change training for the player, don't see assman report

image.thumb.png.fef5886aa4fe5323107badb97421fb53.png

training report that comes to inbox is better (only thing i'd change is back to old-school attributes but if it's too much hassle to implement it from the player profile then it's fine :))

image.thumb.png.f626924e62cd0cc8980ed6a3eb5270d2.png

17 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Well he sucks as a left back - slow, weak, no heading. :D

I think he was a random 16 year old I clicked on to get my screenshot! Give him a chance!!

20 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

any way to change colors of the circles? Are they in different places for all the different panels?

Not hugely different places. in Graphics > TCS > icons (no idea why TCS but I once had something in that folder and never changed the name back) you can see all of the graphics I used. Here is the code for the circle that represents an attribute value of 1:

<properties>
	<!-- <record id="image_slices" left="25" right="25" top="25" bottom="25"/> -->
	<colour id="red_replacement" name="low attribute"/>
	<colour id="blue_replacement" name="bg"/>
</properties>

The blue replacement in the bit isn't coloured and 'bg' is my background colour but you can change the red to anything. A bit time consuming but quite straightforward.

32 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Also, Training in player profile is underutilized as it seems, no? Cannot see progress, can't change training for the player, don't see assman report

Absolutely. Was a WIP and I wanted something I could screenshot for my career thread. Got a few ideas for the bottom but really want to think hard about it and create something that doesn't overlap with this panel:

604606078768620e080c91395a68ecb2.png

Which I hate and only visit to praise training ratings. 

@-Jef- This is a bit closer to my intention for the player development panel:

6272f2ad82e5d2c475fadd88ff943967.gif

Coach report, medical report and overall progress at the bottom with specific focus on his development in the additional foci at the top. If I add in a P/R/D changer, it shows all the attributes in the little graph and, because I've got the original way of this hidden, I can't deselect certain rows. That means that the other, Individual Training, panel, will incorporate the stuff that is missing here - specific schedules for tactical familiarity. 

@-Jef- : I changed it to be Orange for excellent and green for good attributes via the Colour Settings (Settings --> Gold by default i think, i inserted the Orange settings file instead). Just looked about in the in-game settings (skin colour) and inserted the RGBA values into the XML. Look for "attribute colours". This changes it for the profile and also the training report but also for the Star pictures on the scouted Stats (90th percentile and 75th percentile)

image.png

The one that doesn't change is your own players stats. There it either only changes the top category OR i forgot i changed that seperately :D Any advice @_Ben_ on where to properly change the colours on these?

image.png.58f6a01b6f06f5b3a8edcbcc2e94b6b8.png

Also, the training report ratings are based on the same scale as those on other teams players scout report so me changing those kind of screws up that scale. So i would also prefer the profile attributes (classic layout) being used here ;)

@_Ben_ : As for the bigger ranges for scouted attributes/archetypes: You could always include something like this as an alternate option the way it is done with the Flut Skin for example (where you either leave it as is or copy over the files in a folder named, in this case, sth like "Alternative rating thresholds").

Could you share how the different archetype are rated? Does "Passer" only count passing or is it taking into account vision as well for example?

I'm trying my own variation right now build from the existing icons-->attribute circles/inverted circles and corresponsing XML to match the colour. I just deleted the half star icons and then copied the 1-5 full stars. 

Currently set set at 1-4, 5-8, 9-11, 12-15, 16-20. But going back and forth in my mind, might also set it at 1-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-16, 17-20. It's tough to make right as 17 or higher for excellent means almost no one ever being excellent (when, say, 16 is definitely excellent for many attributes. Like, tackling on a CB is almost never 17+) while good already at 12 means a ton of players will have it. Might add in the half stars for the lowest and highest attributes (so 0,5 and 4,5) and make it sth like 1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-12, 13-15, 16-18, 19-20. Colour-wise then the top 2 as excellent, 13-15 good, 7-9/10-12 = normal. Still in essence 1 rating point more per category.

Edited by Marinho

6 minutes ago, Marinho said:

The one that doesn't change is your own players stats. There it either only changes the top category OR i forgot i changed that seperately :D Any advice @_Ben_ on where to properly change the colours on these?

Each class has them set:

<class class="stat_indicator_clear" parent="match_rating_label" font="bold" size="small" should_recolour="false" fixed_appearance_alignment="centre" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/med">
  <list id="value_list">
    <record min_value="-1" max_value="0" red_replacement="bg lighter" hidden="true"/>
    <record min_value="0.0001" max_value="0.7699999999999" red_replacement="grey" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/1" hidden="false"/>
     <record min_value="0.77" max_value="1.6499999999" red_replacement="blue 300" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/2" hidden="false"/>
    <record min_value="1.65" max_value="3.269999999999999" red_replacement="normal attribute" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/3" hidden="false"/>
    <record min_value="3.27" max_value="3.87399999" red_replacement="blue 900" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/4" hidden="false"/>
    <record min_value="3.88" max_value="100" red_replacement="excellent attribute" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/5" hidden="false"/>
  </list>
</class>

That is for clearances etc. I'd suggest something like Notepad+ and going to the classes folder and getting 'blue 900' and changing to 'green 900' for example.

8 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Also, the training report ratings are based on the same scale as those on other teams players scout report so me changing those kind of screws up that scale. So i would also prefer the profile attributes (classic layout) being used here ;)

I just realised that I actually over wrote every thing with that icon change so I'll revert back to what I have. I'll then create some new classes for them...

EDIT: Ok...

Human can have 'half circles'

895365ce4973a94dc70812871bfd0015.png

But AI cannot:

855a7ce92a3a2fe31cf1c1d76ba8c538.png

14 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Could you share how the different archetype are rated? Does "Passer" only count passing or is it taking into account vision as well for example?

No - it's only passing. You can't (as far as I know) add attribute values together in game.

8 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Each class has them set:

<class class="stat_indicator_clear" parent="match_rating_label" font="bold" size="small" should_recolour="false" fixed_appearance_alignment="centre" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/med">
  <list id="value_list">
    <record min_value="-1" max_value="0" red_replacement="bg lighter" hidden="true"/>
    <record min_value="0.0001" max_value="0.7699999999999" red_replacement="grey" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/1" hidden="false"/>
     <record min_value="0.77" max_value="1.6499999999" red_replacement="blue 300" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/2" hidden="false"/>
    <record min_value="1.65" max_value="3.269999999999999" red_replacement="normal attribute" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/3" hidden="false"/>
    <record min_value="3.27" max_value="3.87399999" red_replacement="blue 900" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/4" hidden="false"/>
    <record min_value="3.88" max_value="100" red_replacement="excellent attribute" appearance="tcs/icons/stats/5" hidden="false"/>
  </list>
</class>

That is for clearances etc. I'd suggest something like Notepad+ and going to the classes folder and getting 'blue 900' and changing to 'green 900' for example.

Cheers. I'll change it to "good attribute" and then can just change the colout globally should i fancy sth other than green :)

As for the half/full circle: That's definitely sensible imo. What i was referring to however was the fact that the training reports and this menu also will show half-circles which kind of defeats the purpose of using attribute dots, no?

2 minutes ago, Marinho said:

s for the half/full circle: That's definitely sensible imo. What i was referring to however was the fact that the training reports and this menu also will show half-circles which kind of defeats the purpose of using attribute dots, no?

I don't actually use attribute dots - I just left them in as they were something I created and I thought others may use it. They have now gone from the Individual Training Panel as it's becoming an overview panel, in my eyes:

63d60e10c82ac7642c6923855a7ce2fa.png

Got a linked title there to the individual panel that sets in stone all of the progress and development. Just my take on how I think it should work.

On 16/04/2023 at 12:01, _Ben_ said:

I've pulled it back a couple of hundred pixels in the short term. Drop this in 'Match' and let me know how it fits, please.

EDIT: Tested to 100% zoom on my resolution:

100%

Reveal hidden contents

a76d7e8ef0dc9a61cf018de3c8a1335b.png

85%

Reveal hidden contents

225de7be0995e55e554d95cd2efbba47.png

match full time review panel.xml 24.07 kB · 4 downloads

I've tried downloading this panel update and I'm still having the issue with the panel.  Any advice?

20 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

I've tried downloading this panel update and I'm still having the issue with the panel.  Any advice?

I didn't make it much bigger because I was unsure. Is it any bigger? Change lines 34 and 35 in the code:

<flags id="alignment" value="horizontal" />
						<integer id="min_value" value="0" />
						<integer id="max_value" value="1360" />
						<symbol id="set_property" value="width" />
						<integer id="true_value" value="450" />
						<integer id="false_value" value="450" />

Turn those to something noticeable - 950 or similar. Then pop a screenshot in here if you wouldn't mind please.

41 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I didn't make it much bigger because I was unsure. Is it any bigger? Change lines 34 and 35 in the code:

<flags id="alignment" value="horizontal" />
						<integer id="min_value" value="0" />
						<integer id="max_value" value="1360" />
						<symbol id="set_property" value="width" />
						<integer id="true_value" value="450" />
						<integer id="false_value" value="450" />

Turn those to something noticeable - 950 or similar. Then pop a screenshot in here if you wouldn't mind please.

No screenshot needed. The tablet size remained the same. 

Guys, I've searched because I think I saw it some time ago in the forum but I can't find it, sorry to repeat it. 

I just reinstalled the skin and these dots appear in black instead of blue according to their meaning, do you know what can happen and what to do?

Thank you very much!    NOTE: I have deleted all other skins, cleared cache and restarted the game. I even downloaded version 3.12 again.

image.png.ba5444d87d748a9b1c062bc9d2a0c36f.png

Edited by Darien

36 minutes ago, Darien said:

Guys, I've searched because I think I saw it some time ago in the forum but I can't find it, sorry to repeat it. 

I just reinstalled the skin and these dots appear in black instead of blue according to their meaning, do you know what can happen and what to do?

Thank you very much!    NOTE: I have deleted all other skins, cleared cache and restarted the game. I even downloaded version 3.12 again.

when you clear cache and all that, remember to untick "used cached files" in preferences.

4 hours ago, Darien said:

I actually don't know why this happens! You're not the first person that's said it but I can't replicate!

Statman v3.2: https://www.mediafire.com/file/wx2rqnd1ucd9bbq/Statman_v3.2.rar/file

- Bug fixes:

• Can now (again) create a new formation from scratch
  • Access player list in match tactics screen
  • Post match screen now fits on at 100% zoom at 1920x1080
  • Tweak to touchline tablet size

- New features:

• Added player games in position for human players
  • Team competition stats are now out of 100
  • Added Positioning/Movement as AI comparative attributes
  • Added Throwing/Rushing Out as AI comparative attributes
  • Changed AI attribute circles to only show full circles (each attribute could be one of four numbers instead of two)
  •  

New home panel:

daf0d42e95d4e6e86f3cd9b4a87c45da.png

New Training Unit panel:

c299eff1dfcca7444870c36156d3265a.png

New individual training panel:

9db5d51e71c0e59a2c46eb52b2cca62d.png

Updated individual progress panel:

89e54e6b6869d60853befd16dc756530.png

---

Any feedback or anything I've missed from previous requests, please let me know!

• _Ben_ changed the title to [FM23] Statman v3.2 - Updated 20/04/2023
hace 4 horas, snowofman dijo:

when you clear cache and all that, remember to untick "used cached files" in preferences.

Yes, I've tried all that, but nothing. As Ben says, it's one of those unsolved mysteries heheh, thanks anyway!

23 minutes ago, Darien said:

Yes, I've tried all that, but nothing. As Ben says, it's one of those unsolved mysteries heheh, thanks anyway!

Let me see what it is that's causing it. You can change the preferences in skin colours can't you?

e37ca294653c3e6bc51f31b2c0b5c9cf.png

18 minutes ago, keeper#1 said:

Yes!  Just when we get 3.12 working on my laptop, it’s time for a new version. :lol:

Now you've sorted your Windows Zoom out, you're flying!

On 16/04/2023 at 14:25, _Ben_ said:

0ec705007f38db9d672d2626d251713e.gif

And this is a player who isn't mine that has been scouted. 

If the player has not been scouted (as in the base skin), you won't see form and, as such, will get this. Now that it's back in the skin, I'll look to see if I can develop what is shown there a little more - maybe more than just G and A.

I feel that's a pretty realistic outcome? Do you?

Any chance for this extra tab to still be added for scouted AI players? ;) (Or am i just blind)

Thanks for the Update :)

Edited by Marinho

51 minutes ago, Marinho said:

Any chance for this extra tab to still be added for scouted AI players? ;) (Or am i just blind)

Has it gone? I’m sure I posted that to you as a way of saying it was there! I will look later on and, if I’ve removed it, will re-add it. 

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

One thing to note is that the Unit panel will be remade as it’s too large for any other resolutions/zooms. That’ll come in a further update. 

Thank you for taking into account lower resolutions, Ben!

9 hours ago, Marinho said:

To return to this...

It's not available for all AI players as I wanted to ensure that you'd scouted the player before getting this info - I don't feel it's common knowledge to know how many goals x player scored as a right winger compared to a left, for example. On the analyst report, you can see this:

c8f519f58fea86c24d787d57806fe2e6.png

Great changes

But am here with bugs :D

1080p 100%

training report is cut

image.thumb.png.b2b42e251d68b874dce757dce1f99a12.png

edit - also, key attributes don't work no-more

image.png.8d6dcb45fe6ba698513e263858cc70ba.png

edit 2 - aparently that's only for player controlled players

also this is cut off

image.png.07854984483b948c87cda801eba84a13.png

sorry for spamming bugs here

Edited by -Jef-

14 hours ago, -Jef- said:

But am here with bugs :D

This is much needed, so thank you!

training report is cut

Easy. I'll reduce spacing and it'll work:

Here is at 100% zoom:

Spoiler

ae490e75e46d8599883eeb0c12bfe8e3.png

edit - also, key attributes don't work no-more

image.png.8d6dcb45fe6ba698513e263858cc70ba.png

edit 2 - aparently that's only for player controlled players

Works fine for me? Again at 100%

26adbf23f8d1a0a45d943712d6c2fc54.png

945c01d8d10c5daa1217369a0a978801.png

also this is cut off

Slight change to sizing and it's in:

038eaedee9ff2e248788c570f0a6ec31.png

--

Please, carry on testing! I need to spend more time at 100% to see how things fit compared to the 85% I normally play at.

8 hours ago, Bdare said:

awesome skin! Definitely one of the best. 

Does anyone know how to quick pick selection on the pitch view of the tactic screen?

I hadn't ever been bothered to move it. I would hesitate to say you can't because it controls something on the other panel.

2 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Works fine for me? Again at 100%

Spoiler

26adbf23f8d1a0a45d943712d6c2fc54.png

945c01d8d10c5daa1217369a0a978801.png

--

Please, carry on testing! I need to spend more time at 100% to see how things fit compared to the 85% I normally play at.

No problem, my 'testing' is just me playing the game and reporting bugs as I find them.

Key attributes came back to life as I just opened FM. Yesterday they were not working.

edit - one suggestion

can you replace this percentage with the new scout knowledge descriptors?

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.7b42e175de638a9672638ea7ce26a826.png

Edited by -Jef-

49 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

Key attributes came back to life as I just opened FM. Yesterday they were not working.

Glad it's fixed for you. I had wondered whether it was a zoom thing but happy it's not.

50 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

can you replace this percentage with the new scout knowledge descriptors?

Yes! I just need to find it because I haven't been able to, so far. Although, that was ages ago, so will dig through again.

I just did my first batch of signings with this skin and all of them were absolutely amazing except one. Only about one was I unsure and I took him on loan with option to buy and he's fine but not worth the fee. Honestly, brought back the excitement for FM back.

Edited by -Jef-

Quick question, where can I add a trait to a player?

It used to be on this screen but it's missing, and it's not in player profile training screen

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9b666e326970e34063c9f6848e450c18.png

Edited by -Jef-

56 minutes ago, -Jef- said:

It used to be on this screen but it's missing, and it's not in player profile training screen

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.9b666e326970e34063c9f6848e450c18.png

it's also under the player profil - development - training

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

I just did my first batch of signings with this skin and all of them were absolutely amazing except one. Only about one was I unsure and I took him on loan with option to buy and he's fine but not worth the fee. Honestly, brought back the excitement for FM back.

THIS bit of feedback is what makes me happy. Thank you so much for taking time to help me get this skin as good as it can be and for using it to play the game how I like to!

2 hours ago, -Jef- said:

As @snowofman man said but I've also put it into that panel, earlier today, but have struggled to get the 'Cancel' button to show if they are currently learning a trait..

Spoiler

beff2dbb4e14f95970d25988b6b9d3d9.png

Hey @_Ben_, I haven’t checked in for a while, but this skin is looking absolutely amazing.

Going to take a look at it on my Guernsey youth save and see how it works.

Fantastic work! :applause:

Just one question, and I apologise if it was already answered, the comparison tab on the player screen - is that comparing to squad, club, or League?

34 minutes ago, keysi said:

I'm currently completely blind but where did you edit the main menu to make it central? Thank you. 

image.thumb.png.ee64dd8f61b79367a58b7a16492551ec.png

Just look for the id="tBAR"

<container id="tBAR">
            <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="middle"/>
            <container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" auto_size="horizontal"/>
</container>

4 hours ago, Punch said:

Hey @_Ben_, I haven’t checked in for a while, but this skin is looking absolutely amazing.

Going to take a look at it on my Guernsey youth save and see how it works.

Fantastic work! :applause:

Just one question, and I apologise if it was already answered, the comparison tab on the player screen - is that comparing to squad, club, or League?

There is an explanation at the top right corner. Just for clarification, these are not dynamic values.

image.png.b7cbb436f8c85d2958db2e2645b1c7de.png

2 hours ago, snowofman said:

Just look for the id="tBAR"

<container id="tBAR">
            <attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange" horizontal_alignment="middle"/>
            <container class="sections_menu_strip" id="acse" auto_size="horizontal"/>
</container>

Thank you ;) 

Hi Ben, Unable to create new tactic on the skin. Please can anyone guide me how to fix it.

Also, is there a way to make the GK fit in the tactic slot & Numbers are quite big (Want to resize it)?

Really appreciate it. Thanks 

VK.png

Edited by yahya.duceysane

7 hours ago, yahya.duceysane said:

Hi Ben, Unable to create new tactic on the skin. Please can anyone guide me how to fix it.

Also, is there a way to make the GK fit in the tactic slot & Numbers are quite big (Want to resize it)?

Really appreciate it. Thanks 

VK.png

I was sure that I’d fixed this! I will have a look at how to remedy it, but it’s likely that the tabs on the right have to go as they ‘stop’ the popup from opening.