Near Post Corners Broken Again.

Really enjoying this years game, but one major issue is ruining all the satisfaction.

Over powered near post corners.

Playing as Arsenal, center back Gabriel has scored 38 goals. 

This was a major problem in the last game and is even worse in this years game. 

Praying it has been fixed by full release as what's the fun in it..?

35 minutes ago, toby14 said:

Really enjoying this years game, but one major issue is ruining all the satisfaction.

Over powered near post corners.

Playing as Arsenal, center back Gabriel has scored 38 goals. 

This was a major problem in the last game and is even worse in this years game. 

Praying it has been fixed by full release as what's the fun in it..?

You should report it. 

I've got near post corners set up and I hardly ever score from a corner, so there's that. 

I often wonder how people find these exploits as they almost never happen in my game. Which is all the better for it. 

Simple tip though if you are finding near post corners massively overpowered. Don't use them. I know,  I know, revolutionary, eh?

EDIT - Just checked, 11 games in, and I've scored one goal from a corner. The most in the league is 3. 

Edited by Dagenham_Dave

15 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Simple tip though if you are finding near post corners massively overpowered. Don't use them. I know,  I know, revolutionary, eh?

Lol, I see this attitude often here and I think it is doing more harm to the game than anything else. It's something that's been broken for years and (apparently) hasn't been fixed. That's the point. If we all ignore all the problems the game has, then yes, the game is perfect. If you know something is broken and avoid using it, very well done, you can get your fair play gold medal, but the user here was just reporting a problem hoping that I'll be fix. It's good that you checked that, in your case, that doesn't happen, but there's no reason to be condescending.

53 minutes ago, el_manayer said:

but the user here was just reporting a problem hoping that I'll be fix. 

If only there was an actual section of the forum where you could do that. :rolleyes:

In my experience, the people who score ludicrous amounts of goals from corners are those who download set piece routines. Might be the case here, might not. But I've certainly seen a big reduction in these types of goals so far in this edition. 

6 hours ago, el_manayer said:

Lol, I see this attitude often here and I think it is doing more harm to the game than anything else. It's something that's been broken for years and (apparently) hasn't been fixed. That's the point. If we all ignore all the problems the game has, then yes, the game is perfect. If you know something is broken and avoid using it, very well done, you can get your fair play gold medal, but the user here was just reporting a problem hoping that I'll be fix. It's good that you checked that, in your case, that doesn't happen, but there's no reason to be condescending.

Could not agree with you more.

It’s bizarre, it’s like saying “oh ok, SI haven’t fixed this still. Or the gegenpress. Or the long term manager recruitment. And I know about these exploits but I’ll pretend none of them exist in an effort to avoid winning too much, and I’ll pay another $68 and work around it”

Edited by sthptngomad76

9 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

I've got near post corners set up and I hardly ever score from a corner, so there's that. 

I often wonder how people find these exploits as they almost never happen in my game. Which is all the better for it. 

EDIT - Just checked, 11 games in, and I've scored one goal from a corner. The most in the league is 3. 

It’s beta, users are actually suppose to do things like that so it can be fixed.

17 hours ago, el_manayer said:

Nicely put. :applause:

Shouldn't ignore and avoid glaring and unrealistic issues. Especially one that you'd have thought would be easy to fix and avoid happening. 

Also, I have never downloaded anything on FM, I have bought every game since 2005. 

How can one center back alone score almost 40 goals in one season from corners. Please fix it.. :confused:

2 minutes ago, toby14 said:

How can one center back alone score almost 40 goals in one season from corners. Please fix it.. 

I replied in the bug tracker, but please add detail to the report in order for SI to reproduce it. It'll help if you can explain how you're setting up to have this happen.

18 hours ago, el_manayer said:

Its the same crowd that saying this game is about playing a non-league team and anything else is cheating :lol:

20 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

So your answer is to just ignore that there is a problem? Brilliant.

This issue has been around on and off to differing extents for years now. But let's just all work around it, again...

To not use near post corners is not a solution. And 11 games isn't exactly a very good sample size is it?

This post kind of sums up my thoughts on the offcial forums these days. An echo chamber of relentless defence of everything wrong with the game from regular users. It's not helpful, it stunts progress and new users will just leave as they are contantly shut down. There is no doubt that FM is fantastic overall, but issues like this resurfacing time and time again just demonstrate how much the series is stagnating and posts like this, which are all too common, just dismissing problems, does not help at all. This last paragraph is a more general opinion, not just directed at this post.

Dude, I'm not the coder of the game. I literally can't change it, so whilst it's like that, I'll find ways to get around it. I also have zero influence over whether it gets fixed. I'd certainly prefer it if these exploits weren't in the game but as they are I have two choices. 1. Work around them to give me the better gaming experience, or 2. Stamp my feet like a child demanding it gets fixed. I choose the former. It's just a game at the end of the day, life's too short to get upset over it. 

2 hours ago, Robioto said:

This post kind of sums up my thoughts on the offcial forums these days.

Really? I find it's more people coming across things in the game that don't work exactly as they would like and saying "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it's broken! I'm not playing anymore"

6 hours ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

Dude, I'm not the coder of the game. I literally can't change it, so whilst it's like that, I'll find ways to get around it. I also have zero influence over whether it gets fixed. I'd certainly prefer it if these exploits weren't in the game but as they are I have two choices. 1. Work around them to give me the better gaming experience, or 2. Stamp my feet like a child demanding it gets fixed. I choose the former. It's just a game at the end of the day, life's too short to get upset over it. 

or 3. Give constructive criticism and post examples in the bug tracker.

5 hours ago, priority76 said:

Really? I find it's more people coming across things in the game that don't work exactly as they would like and saying "Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it's broken! I'm not playing anymore"

I'll be fair, most of those posts are in the first impressions thread. You can't be mad at someone's first impression. Is it constructive? No, but who knows how old most of these users are.