Hold-up play - you prefer TF or DLF(S)?

I want to create a 4-4-1-1 that heavily involves the AMC in goal scoring.  I want the AMC to be moving inside and around the box.  So I think I'll use them as an AM(A).  

For the forward, do you prefer a DLF or a TM?  I'm leaning towards a TM so I can utilize someone with height and strength against the back line.  

16 minutes ago, CybrSlydr said:

I want to create a 4-4-1-1 that heavily involves the AMC in goal scoring.  I want the AMC to be moving inside and around the box.  So I think I'll use them as an AM(A).  

For the forward, do you prefer a DLF or a TM?  I'm leaning towards a TM so I can utilize someone with height and strength against the back line.  

It depends on the player you have. If you have someone with exceptional strength and jumping reach then why not use TM to take advantage of his best attributes? Both will hold up play. But DLF requires a bit more technical player than typical TM.

I play a similar style and it's not an easy answer.  I really feel like I should have a TF, but I seem to have more success with that style when I have a more mobile striker.  I have FAR more goals from direct passing than from crosses, so as much as I think it should be a TF, I've been gravitating towards more mobile targets and relying on more wing overlaps.  On corners my defense scores just as many headers as my specialized TF does (who is playing 1.5 leagues below where he should be), so it seems like a waste of scoring opportunities.

I play wing style with variations of direct/counter attack depending on my roster.  Usually in a 2x ST, AMLR, 2 MF, 4 at the back.  I do play a traditional 4-4-1-1 occasionally if injuries require. My F9 is actually only accomplished ST and is really an AMC that I'm training as an ST, (a predicted top 5 rated scorer in my league at season start) & so if I don't think my wingers are going to be up the task for whatever reason that game I play a more conservative 4-4-1-1 formation and just drop him back.

Edited by Dhirvish