Board/Media/SeasonPreview Expectations

Just started a save and the expectations between my board and media are massively different.

Board Expectation: Reach play off

Season Preview: 7th

Media Prediction: 22nd ( Bottom of the League)

Another team that has the same odds as me for the league are predicted 7th

Makes it difficult to judge a team your unfamiliar with. 

I know the board and media are two different sources so they can have different opinions, but that is a huge difference. One thinks i could get promoted the other thinks im getting relegated :lol:

Im not sure if this is a bug. Looking for peoples opinions before i post it as a bug.

Edited by wicksyFM

5 hours ago, wicksyFM said:

Just started a save and the expectations between my board and media are massively different.

Board Expectation: Reach play off

Season Preview: 7th

Media Prediction: 22nd ( Bottom of the League)

Another team that has the same odds as me for the league are predicted 7th

Makes it difficult to judge a team your unfamiliar with. 

I know the board and media are two different sources so they can have different opinions, but that is a huge difference. One thinks i could get promoted the other thinks im getting relegated :lol:

Im not sure if this is a bug. Looking for peoples opinions before i post it as a bug.

Well for one, the board isn't the media.

Media Prediction is not dynamic. It updates at some point at the start of the season and never changes.

Season preview is dynamic and changes based on form and squad strength. This is a better gauge to see how good your squad is.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

1 hour ago, eXistenZ said:

Isnt season preview based on your (starting) squad average CA? hence you often see it jump after a big signing

Media prediction is based on reputation, which always lags behind

Media prediction and season preview start off the same, season preview/odds are dynamic and changes, media stays where its at. 

11 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Media prediction and season preview start off the same, season preview/odds are dynamic and changes, media stays where its at. 

Well thats because reputation doesnt change massivly during the season, but only gets the update in between

12 hours ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

They didn't start off the same. Day one of the save season preview predicted 7th and media predicted 22nd. 

8 minutes ago, Mars_Blackmon said:

Are you sure? Season preview updates soon as you start strengthening your squad without advancing a day.

100%. Not touched anything. Both completely different and my club wasn't the only one that was different.

44 minutes ago, wicksyFM said:

NO. Nothing touched. immediately after picking your club and starting the save.  Never pressed continue

should report as a bug. Although if another team has the same odds as you but is predicted 7th, sounds like there are a lot of teams tied at 7th with the same odds and your team may just happen to fall to 22nd even though you may be tied for 7th in odds.

Edited by Mars_Blackmon

Pretty sure it has always been like that. Multiple clubs having 3rd as media prediction

bottom line, ignore media prediction in club profile, as it is based on reputation, which lags behind.

Competition preview is based on current ability and therefore more accurate.