Jogo Bonito - "Beautiful Game": Guide to Playing 4-2-3-1 Like a Brazilian (Updated on Jan 15, 2024)

19 hours ago, ElJefe4 said:

@crusadertsar Would love to see how you got on with this. I've tried to stay away from overly positional play this year despite the Match Engine leading us that way. Had success at Inter with a 4312 so would be really interested to see how you set up a 4222.

I have been very much in love with a simple 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1 Pragmatic system lately. Just had been really effective in FM24. But going back to 4222 before this FM cycle is over is not out of the question. 

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mikcheck said:

@crusadertsaryou didn't post some of your matches stats that I've asked you a few weeks ago :(

Hmm 🤔 sorry I thought I shared some in my last post here.

What exactly are you looking for? Any stats in particular? I can tell you already my possession is usually all over the place although it's always over 50%. I just finished the 27/28 season so will try to post a few more stats before the weekend. 

• 1 month later...
On 05/03/2024 at 16:37, crusadertsar said:

I am currently working on something Brazilian and with Positional Play elements. This year's ME is too good not to integrate the new position switching into any tactic, Jogo Bonito included. I love the fact that it made it easier than ever to defend (out of possession shape, the one you see in tactic creator) in one way and attack (in possession) in completely different way. For Brazilian football this means that the narrow Magic Box tactic is better than ever. Now we can actually have a decent way to defend the flanks while keeping the narrow attack and ball progression as lethal as ever before. Anyway I will write more in-detail on this soon. So stay tuned ;)

Hey man, any updates on this at all? :D

7 hours ago, crusadertsar said:

Sorry guys, haven't really had much inspiration to go back to this tactic. Haven't had much time to play FM lately actually.

No worries man, sorry to hear that! Hope everything's alright and you can back on the game soon, the forum needs you :D