[Suggestion] Allow a sub to be assigned #13

youngs15

When playing a fixture where squad numbers aren't permitted (e.g. friendlies where not all players have a squad number, youth team matches, international friendlies, leagues without squad numbers), the subs are assigned #12, then #14 onwards. Assigning #13 isn't possible.

This is very out of touch of real life, and I assume is a hangover of the time when teams were allowed only 2 subs (and English clubs assigned them #12 and #14, presumably omitting #13 out of superstition).

Given how common AI squad number assignments in game give #13 to a goalkeeper, it's weird that you can't assign #13 to anyone in the above non-squad number scenarios.

My suggestion is that you open up #13 to be assigned to Sub2. Sub1 would still be #12 and Sub3 would be #14, etc.

Ideally, the AI would assign the sub numbers as per on local customs, something which I've posted a separate suggestion about...

On 03/11/2022 at 17:38, youngs15 said:

When playing a fixture where squad numbers aren't permitted (e.g. friendlies where not all players have a squad number, youth team matches, international friendlies, leagues without squad numbers), the subs are assigned #12, then #14 onwards. Assigning #13 isn't possible.

This is very out of touch of real life, and I assume is a hangover of the time when teams were allowed only 2 subs (and English clubs assigned them #12 and #14, presumably omitting #13 out of superstition).

Given how common AI squad number assignments in game give #13 to a goalkeeper, it's weird that you can't assign #13 to anyone in the above non-squad number scenarios.

My suggestion is that you open up #13 to be assigned to Sub2. Sub1 would still be #12 and Sub3 would be #14, etc.

Ideally, the AI would assign the sub numbers as per on local customs, something which I've posted a separate suggestion about...

13 is reserved for a substitute keeper irl