Fm23_Squad personality widget on team squad panel

Tyburn

I can’t post any screen shots atm but will try to describe what I am looking to do.

I have created a simple panel that holds the squad personality widget only. This I have put in the club folder. On the team squad panel I have created a simple plain_box container that has a simple widget that calls this new panel. It works. On my team squad page only though.

I have set it up so there is the text “squad personality” and then the personality label. When I click into any other team squad screen though all I get is the “squad personality” text and then a dash (“-“). I have tried every get_property / set_property combination I can think of but it makes no difference to other clubs team squad page. I seem to be stuck with just the one ID code for squad personality (Csca).

So my question. Is there anyway to get the game to read the squad personality ID code for ALL clubs/teams? Like it does when the widget is on the club overview/club info screens. Is there a way to ‘trick’ the game into thinking the widget is on a club screen rather than a team screen?

Or failing that, is there something I can add to my code that hides the widget completely when not on the user players team squad page?

Hope that makes sense. Will be able to post code at some point, if it’ll help.

Edited by Tyburn

2 minutos atrás, Tyburn disse:

Sure. I’ll post some panels and code when next on pc. What made the difference was changing the class to a “club” one in the holding info in the “team squad” code.

Great, it will be important for me to learn, I will appreciate it, thank you.

So, I have this container in the team squad panel: (I'll leave it up to you how and where you place it)

<container class="main_box_no_margin" height="40" id="">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="club_overview_panel" file="club/tyburn/squad personality label">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="Csca" set_property="Csca"/>

</container>

</container>

Then I created a new panel called squad personality label (as you can see from above) and put it in the club folder and then a custom folder. I think you can probably put this where ever you like but i'd probably put it in the club folder. You could also potentially just add the widgets from this new panel directly into the <container class="club_overview_panel"> container, without the need for a seperate file, but hey, this works, and I want to move on to other things :)

This is all the code from the new panel:

<panel>

<attachment_group class="horizontal_arrange"/>

<widget class="label" auto_size="horizontal" style="bold" size="9">
            <translation id="text" translation_id="319583" type="use"/>
        </widget>

<widget class="club_squad_character_label" id="Csca" alignment="left" icon_enabled="false" style="bold" auto_size="horizontal" size="18">
            <record id="object_property" get_property="Csca" set_property="valu"/>

</widget>

</panel>

Am sure that’s possible.

It always bothered me, the lack of more team info on the squad screen. The game inherently doesn’t want to show a lot of what I thought could be on this page.

Using a class from another area seems to do the trick though. Not exactly inventing the wheel but a big eureka moment for me anyway.

Feel free to use the process however you like 😊

12 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I like this idea! I wonder if it could be taken a bit further to include like 'Squad Average Age' as well as some of these bits?

f82b8c956653588a681f65350b15aae0.png

I have on the club overview and where you pick a side at game start. 

Down a rabbit hole now - so sorry to hijack your thread @Tyburn.

Got it all nice on the player screen:

f6855e3aa0a6298407bcb25518cc3279.png

Using this:

<container class="main_box_no_margin" height="70" id="">
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="all" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="team/facts">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>

</container>

</container>

Here is an example of part of the table:

<container class="inner_subtle_box" ansparency="-100">
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true"/>
       					<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="30,20,30,20" gap="0"/>
						<widget class="text" colour="white" font="title" alignment="centre_y,centre_x" >
              				<translation id="text" type="use" value="Average Age" />
        					</widget>
         					<widget class="team_container_fact_text" alignment="centre_y">
                				<record id="object_property" get_property="Cvag"/>
           					</widget>
						</container>

I can, sometimes, get it to show squad personality but as soon as I move to another team, it all disappears. I can link it to the panel which contains facts on my club screen and that works (for my team) but won't show in this format.

Any ideas please?

1 minute ago, _Ben_ said:

Down a rabbit hole now - so sorry to hijack your thread @Tyburn.

Got it all nice on the player screen:

f6855e3aa0a6298407bcb25518cc3279.png

Using this:

<container class="main_box_no_margin" height="70" id="">

<container class="client_object_viewer_xml_panel" file="team/facts">
        <record id="object_property" get_property="objt" set_property="objt"/>

</container>

</container>

Here is an example of part of the table:

<container class="inner_subtle_box" ansparency="-100">
						<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="horizontal" apply_to_children="true"/>
       					<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="30,20,30,20" gap="0"/>
						<widget class="text" colour="white" font="title" alignment="centre_y,centre_x" >
              				<translation id="text" type="use" value="Average Age" />
        					</widget>
         					<widget class="team_container_fact_text" alignment="centre_y">
                				<record id="object_property" get_property="Cvag"/>
           					</widget>
						</container>

I can, sometimes, get it to show squad personality but as soon as I move to another team, it all disappears. I can link it to the panel which contains facts on my club screen and that works (for my team) but won't show in this format.

Any ideas please?

As above, it’s all about the class. For squad personality to work it has to be a class linked to the club area of the game.

6 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

As above, it’s all about the class. For squad personality to work it has to be a class linked to the club area of the game.

I think my issue is coming from your bit:

<record id="object_property" get_property="Csca" set_property="Csca"/>

I don't want to set the record for just personality - just anything to do with the team. 

Will continue my search!

10 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

No luck!

Potentially one where I need to embed it within another panel. What do you think @wkdsoul? Where have you managed to get them showing?

should just be a dashed_number_label for the class i think.  I didnt change the table just pulled the whoel thing though.

<container >
                                                      <translation id="title" type="use" value="Squad Comparison"/>
        <layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="-1" />
        <layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" inset="0" apply_to_children="true" />                  
                <widget class="team_container_information_facts_panel" id="fact" file="human/team container information facts panel">
                                            <record id="object_property">
                        <integer id="get_property" value="objt" />
                        <integer id="set_property" value="objt" />
                    </record>
                    </widget>
            </container>

Yeah, I want to change the table!

I'm able to do this kind of thing because, I think, they are from Club Properties whereas the average age, height, weight etc are from Team Properties.

64b8bc390bb71a77696fab2c76edd8ad.png

I think that the big thing is going to be that 'get_property' and 'set_property' because that is, to my knowledge, how you can show team stuff in player screens, for example. Will have a look at code now though. Thanks!

8 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

Yeah, I want to change the table!

I'm able to do this kind of thing because, I think, they are from Club Properties whereas the average age, height, weight etc are from Team Properties.

64b8bc390bb71a77696fab2c76edd8ad.png

I think that the big thing is going to be that 'get_property' and 'set_property' because that is, to my knowledge, how you can show team stuff in player screens, for example. Will have a look at code now though. Thanks!

<record id="object_property" get_property="Tftm"/> for the team stuff might work withing the panel/widget

I like this idea @Tyburn 

But for some reason it's only showing the result IF i am on the squad page when reloading the skin, if i start on any other screen it's only the "Squad personality" that shows.

same if i start on the screen and go to another screen, it's not showing either

i am aware that my brain is jelly still, but have i missed something ?

i just used your posted codes to try it out

@keysi - did you change something beside the size etc.

Hmmm. I was having this behaviour, hence the OP. When I changed the container class on “team squad” to “club overview panel” it all started working for me, with a bit of get/set property fiddling.

I have been jumping around lots of screens and it has all been fine. Maybe I need to test more.

If you are using other code, mixing and matching containers/widgets etc then I presume that is an issue.

Bog standard, as I’ve detailed above, should work. 

It looks like @keysi has left it pretty much as was, only changed position.

From the info @_Ben_ has posted I don’t even know what panel is in question…

1 minute ago, Tyburn said:

Hmmm. I was having this behaviour, hence the OP. When I changed the container class on “team squad” to “club overview panel” it all started working for me, with a bit of get/set property fiddling.

I have been jumping around lots of screens and it has all been fine. Maybe I need to test more.

If you are using other code, mixing and matching containers/widgets etc then I presume that is an issue.

Bog standard, as I’ve detailed above, should work. 

It looks like @keysi has left it pretty much as was, only changed position.

From the info @_Ben_ has posted I don’t even know what panel is in question…

only thing i have done is move it below the "picking panel" and change size

thats all, code is as you posted.

I split that container into 3 sections from memory, as you can see from the screen shots. Picker numbers, squad personality widget, logos etc on right.

Wouldn't think that could play a part, from memory it is just a “main_box” or “plain_box” container. But maybe it does have an impact.

If you have it set up exactly like I do, with a separate panel with the actual widget code in the club folder, I have no idea why it wouldn’t work.

29 minutes ago, snowofman said:

I like this idea @Tyburn 

But for some reason it's only showing the result IF i am on the squad page when reloading the skin, if i start on any other screen it's only the "Squad personality" that shows.

same if i start on the screen and go to another screen, it's not showing either

i am aware that my brain is jelly still, but have i missed something ?

i just used your posted codes to try it out

@keysi - did you change something beside the size etc.

I changed just the font size and bold style, nothing more. Will be around the laptop in the morning to see if something is nit working properly. 

24 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

I split that container into 3 sections from memory, as you can see from the screen shots. Picker numbers, squad personality widget, logos etc on right.

Wouldn't think that could play a part, from memory it is just a “main_box” or “plain_box” container. But maybe it does have an impact.

If you have it set up exactly like I do, with a separate panel with the actual widget code in the club folder, I have no idea why it wouldn’t work.

Just tried moving it up where you have yours and still the same.. when you leave the screen and come back it's gone :(

Brain.exe has stopped working, i'll take a look again later tonight.

@keysi super.

3 minutes ago, snowofman said:

Just tried moving it up where you have yours and still the same.. when you leave the screen and come back it's gone :(

Brain.exe has stopped working, i'll take a look again later tonight.

@keysi super.

Exactly the same issue. Not sure if it’s an issue on another panel or class or something! Maybe this one goes on the back burner for now!

Just had a thought.

Is it possible there could be a cache issue? I have use caching turned off.

I also have auto override custom panels turned off.

As we’re all skinning I presume we all have the same, but thought I’d mention it.

Regardless, I’ll post my panels, tomorrow, when next on PC. They won’t be exactly what you want or need of course, but for anyone interested it might be a suitable way of testing what is going on.

I don’t like unresolved issues. Lol. So would like to work out why this works for me but, it seems, no-one else!

3 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Just had a thought.

Is it possible there could be a cache issue? I have use caching turned off.

I also have auto override custom panels turned off.

As we’re all skinning I presume we all have the same, but thought I’d mention it.

Regardless, I’ll post my panels, tomorrow, when next on PC. They won’t be exactly what you want or need of course, but for anyone interested it might be a suitable way of testing what is going on.

I don’t like unresolved issues. Lol. So would like to work out why this works for me but, it seems, no-one else!

yeah i don't use cache pages and i also auto overwrite custom panels

But you're right, it could have been as simple. But sadly not

i'll look forward to checking your file out as this makes little to no sense to me. 

Still thanks for the idea and code so far :)

Edited by snowofman

3 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Appreciate all these little bits! I'm now here:

6ec14d100e9f1f463505a1b3f6706ab1.png

But this only shows for my team, like this:

8d7f2d8bc80492cc151ae7e15edfa227.png

And, when I return to my own team, it then shows blank again.

Have you tried FME trick of putting it within an additional club overview container etc from the DM i sent? 

1 hour ago, wkdsoul said:

Have you tried FME trick of putting it within an additional club overview container etc from the DM i sent? 

I had a quick look but it that was just a team finance container? I've tried to find something related to club overview etc but had no luck.

Ok. I am jumping around the screens and the squad personality widget is staying put. For ALL squad screens.

Perhaps the issue here is I copied over the "team squad" panel directly from my FM21 skin. It worked out of the box, so why not?

I will post it here to see if anyone can spot a difference between it and the FM23 panel.

I will also include my panel that holds the widget, to be put into the club folder.

squad personality label.xml team squad.xml

17 minutes ago, Tyburn said:

Ok. I am jumping around the screens and the squad personality widget is staying put. For ALL squad screens.

Perhaps the issue here is I copied over the "team squad" panel directly from my FM21 skin. It worked out of the box, so why not?

I will post it here to see if anyone can spot a difference between it and the FM23 panel.

I will also include my panel that holds the widget, to be put into the club folder.

squad personality label.xml 446 B · 0 downloads team squad.xml 47.52 kB · 0 downloads

I think the main difference can be that you have the squad personality label with comp/club logo etc. in a separate container including the picking widget but the default FM23 team squad.xml file has the picking widget (line 75) just as a widget, not in some container.

I did it the same as you, and put the picking widget and squad personality label to it's own container but it disappears again.

image.thumb.png.c21975c052fb87f869b1d3c6303a663a.png

When I copied the whole your team squad.xml file, it stayed in.

image.thumb.png.cf16e778392dddbba6bb843e3925f538.png

I took only the container with the squad personality label + logos and added it to the default FM23 team squad file and it works. It doesn't disappear.

I also decided to swap the widgets in the squad personality label.xml so I have it Professional Squad Personality now (I know it's a small detail but I like it more :)

fa9b76bcaf6223406270f1153eadcd53.gif

13 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

I had a quick look but it that was just a team finance container? I've tried to find something related to club overview etc but had no luck.

Yeah, he was saying finance worked for that one, but you can use the same trick on others.. doesnt always have to be the finance panel just something that similar to the panel you want to pull from. (I think)

so you could have club_overview where finance is and then the team container facts info inside that?

2 hours ago, keysi said:

I took only the container with the squad personality label + logos and added it to the default FM23 team squad file and it works. It doesn't disappear.

I also decided to swap the widgets in the squad personality label.xml so I have it Professional Squad Personality now (I know it's a small detail but I like it more :)

fa9b76bcaf6223406270f1153eadcd53.gif

Wonderful. Will get on this later on. My team squad panel is quite heavily edited but I will go and make the changes to the one @Tyburn has uploaded and go for it that way. 

Thanks all!

team squad.xml

this is that file where I added it, the container made by Tyburn starts in the line 70, it's commented, so you will find it.

I only edited the "<container class="club_overview_panel" file="club/squad personality label">" in the line 87 as the original is <container class="club_overview_panel" file="club/tyburn/squad personality label"> but I placed the file straight to the panels/club and I didn't create 'tyburn' folder.

Edited by keysi

Thanks all!

8237bd11ba22904586e3e311e407676d.gif

The Players Used 'did' work before but I can fix that now it's all looking like I wanted. I know that this one won't mix well with different resolutions as "-1" width didn't make them wide enough to I stipulated like "1950" which won't fit on some monitors. However, it's there for me!

1 hour ago, _Ben_ said:

Thanks all!

8237bd11ba22904586e3e311e407676d.gif

The Players Used 'did' work before but I can fix that now it's all looking like I wanted. I know that this one won't mix well with different resolutions as "-1" width didn't make them wide enough to I stipulated like "1950" which won't fit on some monitors. However, it's there for me!

Perfect!

23 minutes ago, keysi said:

Perfect!

Finished it off with some icons. Not that they are good but I've literally never been able to do anything like this before! Was going to go for colour coded ones but its' quite a dark background so settled for white:

6a17e3dc054c57bc33a80f7f1c13daad.png

I take advantage of the fact that they are talking about team squad. Does anyone know from which panel the value of the players is modified? I have been able to do it in other panels, but I can't figure out where to do it here.
b796fa0d7e4126359f8f747d0f516a9b.png

I need to change the value of hundreds of thousands for (m) and millions for (M), and not as I see it, it only shows (M)

11 hours ago, _Ben_ said:

Finished it off with some icons. Not that they are good but I've literally never been able to do anything like this before! Was going to go for colour coded ones but its' quite a dark background so settled for white:

6a17e3dc054c57bc33a80f7f1c13daad.png

That's nice. I would probably try to use some icons from the graphics folders within Resource Archiver (the same as I'm using in other places within my skin) but that's not important ;)

1 minute ago, keysi said:

That's nice. I would probably try to use some icons from the graphics folders within Resource Archiver (the same as I'm using in other places within my skin) but that's not important ;)

I'd forgotten where they were so have been playing with making my own. Just posted in my skin thread what they currently look like - would love to know how many of them I could have sourced from elsewhere!

5 minutes ago, _Ben_ said:

I'd forgotten where they were so have been playing with making my own. Just posted in my skin thread what they currently look like - would love to know how many of them I could have sourced from elsewhere!

Try to export the sitoolkit folder from the Archiver, there is sitoolkit/skins/fm-widgets/graphics/icons and there are many.

It's this file icons.zip

10 minutes ago, keysi said:

Try to export the sitoolkit folder from the Archiver, there is sitoolkit/skins/fm-widgets/graphics/icons and there are many.

It's this file icons.zip

Thanks! Knew it was somewhere relatively easily accessible.

There are a few icons I think that I need to work on so will dig through and replace any in-game ones and then create anything else. I have added a lot of info to various panels so I think that these icons are useful to break it up. 

Thanks again @Tyburn for the code and @keysi and @wkdsoul for the help to get it up and running. 

On 07/11/2022 at 10:27, Tyburn said:

Sweet!

Glad it works. Thought I was going crazy...

Thank you for the files, i have been without internet all day yesterday and until now.. i'll surely be digging into it.

thanks again for the idea and files, much appreciated

@wkdsoul - i'll take a look at your files aswell, 

thanks to everyone involved to solve this mystery :)