Does Anyone Else Share This Frustration? *My Current Tactic Is Now Included For Opinions*

13 hours ago, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

I actually unwittingly got very close to designing a tactic like this whilst managing a very poor team (albion rovers of scotland):

814224450_Screenshot2022-11-11at00_24_49.png.f92aa6d69eecb508cc55babde705040c.png

My theory was that as a team that was rubbish and couldnt defend, my style of play would be:

1) Aim a long ball from the keeper or defence into the middle of the crowd of bodies up front

2) Ball will ping off someone up front

3) Have enough bodies around the ball that the loose ball will fall to my player through weight of numbers

4) Shoot from everywhere when this player gets the ball, and who knows you might score

i guess the theory with this tactic must be broadly similar?

Almost a straight up WM, super aggressive.

Looking at your tactic and your squad it seems to me that you're trying to make your players fit into your tactic where it's supposed to be the other way around. You have some players that are playing out of their natural positions which can severely reduce their effectiveness.

53 minutes ago, sugarbear0511 said:

Looking at your tactic and your squad it seems to me that you're trying to make your players fit into your tactic where it's supposed to be the other way around. You have some players that are playing out of their natural positions which can severely reduce their effectiveness.

Two things I would say about that:

1) Conventional wisdom at least what you read here is the formation you see on the screen is a defensive structure. PIs can then dictate where players should go in possession. So the 442 structure in this instance is supposed to be the shape i want the players to revert back into without the ball, this seems consistent with what a lot of the top teams do without the ball, but i could be wrong

2) Players playing out of position should not matter if their attributes suit the new role you are putting them into. Ive also heard this a number of times too, and the only player who isnt in his natural position is possibly Mertens who has been designed to attack like a Raumdeuter whilst forming the left side of the midfield 4 in defence.

Totally stand to be corrected and open for advice but i wasnt sure about your post.

4 minutes ago, Lesterfan_Cambiasso said:

Two things I would say about that:

1) Conventional wisdom at least what you read here is the formation you see on the screen is a defensive structure. PIs can then dictate where players should go in possession. So the 442 structure in this instance is supposed to be the shape i want the players to revert back into without the ball, this seems consistent with what a lot of the top teams do without the ball, but i could be wrong

2) Players playing out of position should not matter if their attributes suit the new role you are putting them into. Ive also heard this a number of times too, and the only player who isnt in his natural position is possibly Mertens who has been designed to attack like a Raumdeuter whilst forming the left side of the midfield 4 in defence.

Totally stand to be corrected and open for advice but i wasnt sure about your post.

I understand that you have a system that you want to implement but you also have to realize that you need the right players. If you put players in a position that's not their natural position (AM as a WM for example) depending on their rating on that position (awkward, accomplished, etc) their attributes could take a huge penalties which will severely reduced their effectiveness. You need to take this into consideration. This is just a fact and that's how it works in FM

1 hour ago, sugarbear0511 said:

I understand that you have a system that you want to implement but you also have to realize that you need the right players. If you put players in a position that's not their natural position (AM as a WM for example) depending on their rating on that position (awkward, accomplished, etc) their attributes could take a huge penalties which will severely reduced their effectiveness. You need to take this into consideration. This is just a fact and that's how it works in FM

That huge penalty is just a dip in decision-making if I'm correct?