Creating a new league structure for an existing country

Teep

Hello fellow editors !

My goal is to create a new league structure for my online save with 2 friends.
It will be in France, starting in lower leagues, but will use the league format of Austria, so having each league with 12 teams (22 games) then split into 6 and 6, take 50% points, and play another 10 games.
I think I can handle that part since I'd only have to check what's done in Austria and reproduce it in France. (I tried duplicating on my FM20 editor but didnt work well, so my plan is to screenshot everything in Austria and manually reproduce it and modify existing France's leagues)

My questions are :

- can i create a league in-between 2 others ? (like instead of ligue 1-2-national, have ligue 1-2-3-national, so 4x12 instead of 3x18). I'm kinda scared about messing up leagues reputation, or how teams are fed in the french cup

- another option would be to create 2 groups in national, each promoting 1 team to ligue 2, so ligue 1-2 and national A and B, each being fed by national 2 ABCD, however unsure if i can modify national 2 with editor without recreating it since it's a non-playable league (but is displayed by the base game)

- my last option would be to make ligue 1 as 12 teams, and then ligue 12 and national as either 12 or 16 teams (as they can handle 44 game seasons instead of 32 with no Europe), but again unsure how relegating so many teams to National 2 (which is unplayable - not sure about editable) would work, + i'd rather have as much teams as possible instead of going from 60 to 36 or 44

Thank you in advance !

Why not just do it in basic rules? A setup like Austria is super simple to make there and far easier than trying to copy things over in advanced rules. You could then convert to advanced for fine tuning if desired.

1. Yes, you can. You can edit league's reputation so that shouldn't be an issue. Plus if you're reducing leagues to 12 teams then there's a 99% chance you're going to have to redo the Coupe de France anyway.

2. You can make National 2 playable if you want. It's only a non-playable league in the base game.

3. If you're keeping the National 2 unplayable then placing a lot of teams in it shouldn't really matter. It'll still pick teams to promote when the league above it relegates teams, it'd just have a larger pool to pick from. I guess it could be bad if you like some of the teams you're placing in it, but otherwise there's not much to worry about.

Hey !

I had no idea you could do this in the basic rules, I always went to the advanced rules whenever I wanted to edit something.
EDIT: Found out that if you use the first option instead of the 2nd when editing Nation's rules, you get access to a lot of nice stuff, even in basic rules mode, thanks ;)

Managed to create a 12 teams league with split 6-6 as intended, but I couldnt get the 50% points despite setting the parameters

Edited by Teep

14 hours ago, Teep said:

Hey !

I had no idea you could do this in the basic rules, I always went to the advanced rules whenever I wanted to edit something.
EDIT: Found out that if you use the first option instead of the 2nd when editing Nation's rules, you get access to a lot of nice stuff, even in basic rules mode, thanks ;)

Managed to create a 12 teams league with split 6-6 as intended, but I couldnt get the 50% points despite setting the parameters

Is it setup like this?

20221108151927_1.thumb.jpg.7a087827e56f460ec2788e26b8849f92.jpg

Oh, I was missing the first part, "Extra league games", but the "Transfer standings" was right. The end standing was as if the transfer was at 100% and not 50%.

I'll try it again but on FM23 later today, hopefully it fixes itself.

Thanks !