Developing partnerships -youth / reserves/ loans

Posting in here as got no replies on general discussion and would be really keen to seen if anyone knows the answer

I've never seen it but wondering if it's possible for players to develop partnerships whilst playing in the youth/reserve/U21 teams? or even whilst out on loan - ie loan out 2 x cbs to the same club 

Would be a cool thing to implement if it doesn't exist as I often think about this when loaning young players or even allocating which players to play in my reserves.  Would be great to purposely keep a team together and developing partnerships with each other rather than loan out

It must be possible, because he can see in opposition previews that players in AI can have good partnerships, but I think it's going to be statistically very unlikely to occur. It seems there has to be a fairly high number of games played together to get the good partnership link, and how often do youth players, who play together a lot, continue to play together a lot in the first team, without a significant break?

Hi,

I have played quite a few youth only challenges and as such, have had many a long save and can confirm the following:

Partnerships form within the youth/reserve/loan systems in the same way as it within your First XI and relies on the following:

- Multiple matches played together in the same position. I.E: It is the position on the pitch that creates the partnership, not necessarily the role and duty.

As an example, if you had established a partnership with a WB - Support in the DM Strata with an IF - Support in the AM Strata then the partnership will remain shown as strong (bright green link) even if you change the roles completely ( IWB and Trequartista as an example) BUT keep the players in the same pitch 'position'. To further clarify, you can have an established partnership with a strong link between a BWM - Defend in the central DM spot and a CM - Attack in the right central midfield spot; if you were to change shape and move the BWM - Defend in the central midfield strata next to the CM- Attack, even with identical roles, you would have to build a new partnership as the 'position' on the pitch has changed.

16 hours ago, seagull84 said:

if it's possible for players to develop partnerships whilst playing in the youth/reserve/U21 teams?

In conclusion, yes - absolutely. Another tip: to ensure these partnerships can be established make sure you place players in the selected first XI for the relevant teams even if you are leaving the running of these teams to ass/youth managers.

16 hours ago, seagull84 said:

or even whilst out on loan - ie loan out 2 x cbs to the same club 

Yes again, but this is much harder to establish. You would be relying on an AI coach consistently playing your two players in the same position for pretty much an entire season. Still possible though.

8 hours ago, toshimitzou1 said:

Hi,

I have played quite a few youth only challenges and as such, have had many a long save and can confirm the following:

Partnerships form within the youth/reserve/loan systems in the same way as it within your First XI and relies on the following:

- Multiple matches played together in the same position. I.E: It is the position on the pitch that creates the partnership, not necessarily the role and duty.

As an example, if you had established a partnership with a WB - Support in the DM Strata with an IF - Support in the AM Strata then the partnership will remain shown as strong (bright green link) even if you change the roles completely ( IWB and Trequartista as an example) BUT keep the players in the same pitch 'position'. To further clarify, you can have an established partnership with a strong link between a BWM - Defend in the central DM spot and a CM - Attack in the right central midfield spot; if you were to change shape and move the BWM - Defend in the central midfield strata next to the CM- Attack, even with identical roles, you would have to build a new partnership as the 'position' on the pitch has changed.

In conclusion, yes - absolutely. Another tip: to ensure these partnerships can be established make sure you place players in the selected first XI for the relevant teams even if you are leaving the running of these teams to ass/youth managers.

Yes again, but this is much harder to establish. You would be relying on an AI coach consistently playing your two players in the same position for pretty much an entire season. Still possible though.

This is brilliant, thank you for the detail.