*Official* Football Manager 2023 Console & Touch Feedback Thread

Football Manager 2023 is OUT NOW! We're all super excited at SI Towers and hope you feel the same way too.

This thread is for a place for us to collate your feedback for Console & Touch. This thread will be read by lots of different members of the SI team. We may reply in some instances, as will the forum mods - but can't reply to everything.

The Bug Tracker is the place for any issues you find with the game. 

For any troubleshooting say for crashes or being unable to launch, read our FAQ's (Console / Touch).

We're looking for feedback across all areas of the game, but we're especially looking for feedback on our new features including our brand new player onboarding experience. 

What we try to ask every year is we please if you’re raising feedback, try and make it constructive. The full list of our traditional ground rules can be found below:

• Please try to keep any feedback constructive. That doesn't mean you can only be positive, but if you are going to be critical, at least give us your reasons. Help us to help you by giving details.
  • Respect other opinions. We don't expect everyone to agree but please take the time to read posts and respect their position. Even if they're wrong. Like REALLY wrong. 
  • Please take Tactical Discussion elsewhere. We've seen that these types of threads can see posts focused on the tactical side of the game and whilst this is interesting, it's much more appropriate discussion for our Tactics, Training and Strategies Discussion.
  • Don’t make it personal. Attacks and the like won’t be tolerated. SI Staff and our volunteer moderating team will engage where we can, but any abuse makes that much more unlikely.

Now please go away and start your first saves! We're excited to hear your feedback and most importantly, we're excited to see how you get on within your saves.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Downloaded on iPad, great to be playing a new game after 2 years. 

initial thoughts :

mainly it’s identical to fm21 on the iPad, with a few menus changed and a couple of new screens  That’s fine as it was a perfect game, but still a bit disappointed in the lack of progress made.

Initial issues :

theres too much space between players in the squad view and player search screens. In 21 you’d get a lot more players visible on the screen. Is there a way of reducing this or the font size? EDIT - just checked and 19 players in the squad visible in 21, just 12 in 23.

when I started a game I picked Brighton and loaded down to league 2. It said I’d selected a small database, and on loading one of the biggest wonderkids, Andreas Schjelderup, is not visible in game. This can’t be right ? How can I load a larger database?

Apologies if the above are just things I’ve missed due to being in a different place and can be corrected

Edited by Burty76

Hi a couple of early things I’ve noticed:

- I can’t load a profile picture for my manager

- there is no option to choose one of the default match plans in-match anymore 

Any feedback on these? I would like to have these features back (as per FM21 Touch)

Just installed and playing around with it so will provide any other feedback but  when you open up a player profile and have the scout report bottom right, the black writing under the pros / cons is far too dark on that background and would suggest having it white. 

7 hours ago, Burty76 said:

theres too much space between players in the squad view and player search screens. In 21 you’d get a lot more players visible on the screen. Is there a way of reducing this or the font size?

This is really bugging me. Makes it feel very ‘arcadey’ - no pun intended.

the recruitment tab and the headers can’t all fit on properly (maybe cos I’m on iPad mini) but that’s also annoying

Just a couple of examples of the difference between FMT21 and 23, where I appreciate the new game has to be optimised for phone too, but I took these screenshots on my iPad mini.

the first one (Palace) is the squad overview on 21, and can see so many more players at once.

same with recruitment as mentioned above, which used to be in two sections (again, the palace save).

Just overall, I really preferred how compact FMT21 was.

22B5EA37-A227-40AD-9861-86C1BE65498C.png

1675A327-9E7F-4978-8226-FC5E4C7AB09E.png

8F8F2D8E-C4D6-440D-AFE8-D794F54C2EE2.png

E0B0C76B-F9A1-423E-90C9-7E8572701AF8.png

ABBBFD7D-B9AB-4F48-BE76-35C5EBFE9192.png

92A144E6-B900-423C-B418-343ABB0D5C41.png

Edited by ollie_davis

15 minutes ago, Burty76 said:

As a counterpoint to the spacing issues on iPad raised above ( which do need fixing ), I’ve just downloaded the game to iPhone and it looks excellent, a real bonus to have the full Touch experience on my phone, so well done!

What size iPhone do you have and are you finding it too cramped?

8 minutes ago, mdshep said:

What size iPhone do you have and are you finding it too cramped?

iPhone 12, not a max - so a normal size phone. I mean it’s cramped, it was always going to be, but they’ve done a very good job with it - I’ll definitely use it for short periods when I haven’t got my iPad with me. 

Think there’s a bug here - on the player search screen, the first player in the list seems to randomly get a tick put next to his name, which means when you scroll down, look at a player then press back, you’re taken to the top of the list rather than where you were. 

EDIT is happening every time and is incredibly annoying

Edited by Burty76

Is there any way of changing the database size on FM 23 Console Edition? The UI always says medium, wondering if there should be a dropdown somewhere to adjust it? It doesn't seem right that I can have 90k+ players on a tablet, though only 50k on a Xbox?

Edited by notwbgne

Graphically beautiful! I do however think the touch sensitivity needs to be better, having to tab buttons two or three times. I also wish the drop downs and tabs was up top of the screen.

83DDBFA5-B2ED-45E2-98CB-2A58394D64E4.png

Edited by zakbrown96

Have only played for about an hour to see how the game looks and feels. Here’s my thoughts so far (playing on iPad):

Positives

Visually it looks great. Both in match and in menu, very sharp.

The match engine feels more like football than previous versions. I set up a low block with the aim of keeping the ball and allowing little penetration from the opposition. It worked great.

Negatives:

It amazes me every release how many things don’t work, that surely must have been spotted in testing and development. Examples below:

Average positions are blank

8FCBBC6E-D4DE-4AE1-B880-0227B319FCD3.thumb.jpeg.6acf9841b331655277cca7f144d32a5e.jpeg

In data hub, there is no functioning data. Everything is zero. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but it feels broken. Thought it might be the time slider, but touching that does nothing. 

BF5789C9-9360-49C4-AEAE-69C5B3E07F62.thumb.jpeg.f7668c483f5014980ef34230d5ac93e3.jpeg

Look at the report if recommended players. 21 results but on screen is the same player 4 times. 

0F7AEC2F-5EEE-49F8-8669-FACDD592E77E.thumb.jpeg.8ddb617bdc698aa0f70e7f3db53f266e.jpeg

Edited by BuryBlade

46 minutes ago, ollie_davis said:

Assume you’ve played at least 3 games which I think is minimum for data to start pulling?

Yeah played 5 games so far. Went into data hub afterwards and the matches are there, but data seems broken.

13 minutes ago, Dixie354 said:

I can’t see any option for team talks at half time and full time. I checked the iPad and Xbox Series S edition. It’s advertised as a new feature. I am confused. 

Didn’t appear in friendlies for me, but has been there in competitive matches.

3 hours ago, zakbrown96 said:

Graphically beautiful! I do however think the touch sensitivity needs to be better, having to tab buttons two or three times. I also wish the drop downs and tabs was up top of the screen.

83DDBFA5-B2ED-45E2-98CB-2A58394D64E4.png

I’m having this problem too. I have to click the same thing a few times for it to work.

3 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

Have only played for about an hour to see how the game looks and feels. Here’s my thoughts so far (playing on iPad):

Positives

Visually it looks great. Both in match and in menu, very sharp.

The match engine feels more like football than previous versions. I set up a low block with the aim of keeping the ball and allowing little penetration from the opposition. It worked great.

Negatives:

It amazes me every release how many things don’t work, that surely must have been spotted in testing and development. Examples below:

Average positions are blank

8FCBBC6E-D4DE-4AE1-B880-0227B319FCD3.thumb.jpeg.6acf9841b331655277cca7f144d32a5e.jpeg

In data hub, there is no functioning data. Everything is zero. Maybe I’m doing something wrong, but it feels broken. Thought it might be the time slider, but touching that does nothing. 

BF5789C9-9360-49C4-AEAE-69C5B3E07F62.thumb.jpeg.f7668c483f5014980ef34230d5ac93e3.jpeg

Look at the report if recommended players. 21 results but on screen is the same player 4 times. 

0F7AEC2F-5EEE-49F8-8669-FACDD592E77E.thumb.jpeg.8ddb617bdc698aa0f70e7f3db53f266e.jpeg

34 minutes ago, Ricobran said:

There is no post-match analytical data. FM21 Touch had the same issue and was never fixed. Please sort it SI. 

I’ve logged a bug report for the missing data in data hub. If anyone else can throw their examples in their too, hopefully we can get a fix! 

13 minutes ago, Manuel Drews said:

I would love to see a full length 3D game. Is this possible with the touch version on the Ipad or is it only possible to watch highlights?

Options are:

Commentary only

Key Highlights 

Extended Highlights 

Comprehensive Highlights 

No option for full 90 mins, presumably because the battery on your device would be dead before the end of the match. I played 2 games on extended earlier and it used 40% battery on my iPad Pro.

2 minutes ago, BuryBlade said:

Options are:

Commentary only

Key Highlights 

Extended Highlights 

Comprehensive Highlights 

No option for full 90 mins, presumably because the battery on your device would be dead before the end of the match. I played 2 games on extended earlier and it used 40% battery on my iPad Pro.

It definitely drains your battery! I've been going from 100% to 50% VERY quickly. 

Just played the console edition and I’ve got to say, I think it’s brilliant. Taken a bit of getting used to with things in different places but it didn’t take that long to get used to it. Pretty much the same menus etc which is fine. Match day graphics are the best they’ve ever been, the new match day UI is much, much better. Seems like it’s been ‘tightened’ or something like that if you get me. Love the ability to bring the tablet up whenever I want and it looks great too.  The ME has also improved a lot in my opinion. Matches play out well. 
One small thing I’d love the option to hide is the social media sections that show up alongside the team sheet just before the match starts. It lets that screen down I think. I don’t care what people think - I just want to look at the teamsheet at that point. I know on iPad it only shows the teamsheet (at least it did on previous versions). 

Really good job though. Loving it so far on Xbox - it’s a great version of the game. 

12 minutes ago, Ricobran said:

Really liking it so far. But I do miss having the players at the bottom of the screen during matches. 

It’s funny people liking different things because I disliked that and always closed it down so I could see more of the match. Hopefully you’ll get used to the new UI. 

2 minutes ago, Ricobran said:

Playing my second friendly, winning 3-2. Want to make some substitutions but they are all anxious. Seriously!

Noticing the same, and a lot of subs I bring on have the ‘would rather have stayed on the bench’ feedback… 

Something is clearly broken with this. 

45 minutes ago, MrManagerMan said:

It’s funny people liking different things because I disliked that and always closed it down so I could see more of the match. Hopefully you’ll get used to the new UI. 

Maybe they could give us the option to show or hide it again. 

4 hours ago, Manuel Drews said:

I would love to see a full length 3D game. Is this possible with the touch version on the Ipad or is it only possible to watch highlights?

Would kill battery ridiculously fast haha 

-Tactics screen is not useful on both iPhone and XBox versions. 
-XBox version should look like full version.  People play games on big screen. Insanely big fonts and menus are not necessary. Please make tactics screen like full version and navigation bar always on. 
-5 leagues limitiation is ridiculous on M1 Mac. 

Really enjoying it so far, didn't play last year due to no version on the iPad. Loaded 5 leagues and moving through very slickly.

One annoying feature is the recruitment focus getting completed about every 2 days and needing to restart it - is there anyway of telling them i want the recruitment focus to run for a month or longer, rather than 1 or 2 days?

18 hours ago, BuryBlade said:

I’ve logged a bug report for the missing data in data hub. If anyone else can throw their examples in their too, hopefully we can get a fix! 

I’ve since played another match and this time the data was there.